Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the vokeys out of your bag your going to have to stop wearing the t***y hats.

That is the first thing I thought of when I looked at these wedges.. I can't find a hat that fits as nice and looks as good as these ones though.. I do sometimes play a Pro V.

That is the first thing I thought of when I looked at these wedges.. I can't find a hat that fits as nice and looks as good as these ones though.. I do sometimes play a Pro V.

Doesn't count. You need to ponder more hats, I wore my new THP Pukka hat today and you can't find a better fitting hat.

Doesn't count. You need to ponder more hats, I wore my new THP Pukka hat today and you can't find a better fitting hat.

The only reason I like these hats is because they come in so many different colours so I can match. I'm still gonna rock it breeze. :D

The only reason I like these hats is because they come in so many different colours so I can match. I'm still gonna rock it breeze. :D

Thats it, you're banned from Vancouver Island until you come to your senses.

Thats it, you're banned from Vancouver Island until you come to your senses.

You'll be in trouble when Titleist takes over the umm.. hat business. You will be forced to wear one.

I also heard the RCGA is implementing a new rule.

18-1a - A player is entitled to one(1) stroke off of his/her final score if he or she is wearing Titleist head wear.

PS- I don't even wanna come there anyways, weather sucks.

You'll be in trouble when Titleist takes over the umm.. hat business. You will be forced to wear one.

I also heard the RCGA is implementing a new rule.

I think Titelist has already took over the hat biz.

I'm pondering what exactly it is that I want to hit at the outing....irons? drivers? Everything will be there and there will be plenty of time to hit stuff.

I'm pondering what exactly it is that I want to hit at the outing....irons? drivers? Everything will be there and there will be plenty of time to hit stuff.

Yeah I think I need to make a list of what I NEED to hit vs. what I WANT to hit. First need is the Srixon stuff

Demo days needs no pondering, I hit everything.

I try to, its so overwhelming

I know. Im going to figure out a system this year to make sure I dont miss anything. Might be as simple as starting at one end of the pile and working my way down.

After playing my first round of the year today I realized that I need a new driver. Just getting back into golf so I'm using my old shortened TM 360 driver. I've been on the fence about getting a new one until I get my swing back on track, but after today I think I've lost confidence in it. After every hit I was asking myself how much further my ball would be if I had a new driver. I was fair to myself though because there were several times when that swing with a newer driver probably would have been much more left. Since I'm back in learning mode, I might as well try and learn a new driver too.

You know they don't have to stay there right? Why can't you get new ones?
I will. The only things I like are my hybrids and my putter. My 3w I could careless because I never really swing it so it can stay.

I see Thainer going on a wild buying spree after the outing!
After? I will probably show upto the outing with different irons lol

I am pondering making my set of irons a combo set. I was at the pro shop the other day looking at the new TM irons. I REALLY like the new CB's. I was thinking of keeping my 4, 5 and 6 iron 2.0s because I love the distance I get out of them, and switching to the TP CB's for the rest. I still have to hit the CB's to truly know if they are a good fit for me, but I really want to look into this. Can anyone think if any golf stores or pro shops would take in 6 month old 2.0s on trade for CB's? Obvisously would have to put a little extra cash down.

I will. The only things I like are my hybrids and my putter. My 3w I could careless because I never really swing it so it can stay.

After? I will probably show upto the outing with different irons lol

Don't buy irons before the outing dude. It will cheapen the experience. You'll fins something there you love and who knows, you might be able to take some stuff out for your rounds.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I am pondering making my set of irons a combo set. I was at the pro shop the other day looking at the new TM irons. I REALLY like the new CB's. I was thinking of keeping my 4, 5 and 6 iron 2.0s because I love the distance I get out of them, and switching to the TP CB's for the rest. I still have to hit the CB's to truly know if they are a good fit for me, but I really want to look into this. Can anyone think if any golf stores or pro shops would take in 6 month old 2.0s on trade for CB's? Obvisously would have to put a little extra cash down.

I'm sure any place will take your trade ins. You just won't get much for them. I tried to convinve Jake to do a combo set between his 2.0's and the MB's.

Wouldn't that create a gap somewhere where the combo starts?

Dude. Im used to turning over my equipment so fast, nothing will cheapen the experience for me. This is the first iron set i have stuck with for a while. If I find something I love, Ill buy that later. Im not worried about stuff like that.

Don't buy irons before the outing dude. It will cheapen the experience. You'll fins something there you love and who knows, you might be able to take some stuff out for your rounds.

Yeah, you'd have to go from say the 2.0 6 iron to the cb 6 iron.

I don't really understand combo sets to be honest, not since hybrids are readily available

I'm sure any place will take your trade ins. You just won't get much for them. I tried to convinve Jake to do a combo set between his 2.0's and the MB's.

Dude. Im used to turning over my equipment so fast, nothing will cheapen the experience for me. This is the first iron set i have stuck with for a while. If I find something I love, Ill buy that later. Im not worried about stuff like that.

TC I think we've found out Canadian version of OEM!

Yeah, you'd have to go from say the 2.0 6 iron to the cb 6 iron.

I don't really understand combo sets to be honest, not since hybrids are readily available

Yes, That is a good point. I would probably have to double up a 6I or something.

I am still getting used to hitting my hybrid and currently am getting similar distance from the fairway/rough out of it as my 4 iron. I am mainly using it off the tee right now. I struggle from time to time on my approach shots with the 2.0s. My thoughts are that I could gain considerable accuracy hitting into the green if I went to the CB's or one of the other TP irons. Or I may need to get over my sense of always needing the newest thing out and just figure out my current irons, HAHA.

I don't see how the CB's will help you gain considerable accuracy personally. I think they will cost you some money and look nice, but I don't see much else coming out of buying them.

Yes, That is a good point. I would probably have to double up a 6I or something.

I am still getting used to hitting my hybrid and currently am getting similar distance from the fairway/rough out of it as my 4 iron. I am mainly using it off the tee right now. I struggle from time to time on my approach shots with the 2.0s. My thoughts are that I could gain considerable accuracy hitting into the green if I went to the CB's or one of the other TP irons. Or I may need to get over my sense of always needing the newest thing out and just figure out my current irons, HAHA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back