Its crazy how that works. I saw a guy post a pic at his store with rows and rows of Weller. I have been able to buy one bottle of antique 107 in the last year. I could literally be back with 12 - 750 bottles of Buffalo Trace and 6 - 1.75s in 10 minutes.

You would think only being 3hrs from Louisville in eastern KY we’d get a good selection. Nope

My wife picked up a cool new decanter for the bar, what's the first thing I should blend up to store in there or what's a good whiskey to store in there to breathe as a daily drinker?

I dabbled with whiskey and bourbon but have tried many more varieties now that I am working from home. Some of my collection below, but Basil Hayden is a favorite (price point doesn't hurt, either) and I finally found a bottle of rum cask conditioned Angels Envy. It is quite unique; not my go to, but something nice to have for special occasions...like when it snows (for the 18th time this year).

1613761425331.png

I’ve been busy....
74ABBD59-3466-455B-B79C-6B2F7F32E4F1.jpeg
E280B194-74B5-4EC5-9328-BF2BD7E02F3C.jpeg
1891B506-FF76-4E88-BAF4-F7077883D4D0.jpeg
9DA9C915-6D78-4EA7-B4AC-2CBDDADD30B8.jpeg

Is it possible to hide this thread, the wine thread and the beer thread until after Lent :)?

Call me if you want to chat! I will even socially distance myself from you and stay close to the cabinet!
What friends won't do for fellow friends - It gives me the "Feels"

Watching some of my favorite all time TV show tonight called Highlander!!! Using one of my best gamers tonight. alc.gif
Beverage of choice is................................

20210219_230405.jpg

So I love whiskey, and most definitely a go to. I prefer it in a pint glass with Diet Coke, and grab one nearly every night, Friday-Sunday generally have two. I went from Jack to Makers to 46. As a sidenote I'm fortunate my wife does virtually 100% of rhe shopping.

All good until i went into the store with her and saw my bottle of 46 I was drinking over the last couple years. was nearly $50.00 now I'm a kesslers fan, lol.

It was my inner DJ(my dad) coming out in me making the quick calculation how much my whiskey habit was costing me. I geuss my desire to retire early overcame, my need for premium whiskey. Lol i still reward myself with a good whiskey 3-4 times a year, but my tighta$$ prevents it happening much more.

IMG_20210221_202936_01.jpg

Eagle rare thanks for the nudge @PKorf

Question to my southern neighbours - how much Canadian whisky do you see in store? Is it just Crown Royal, or is there more?

Question to my southern neighbours - how much Canadian whisky do you see in store? Is it just Crown Royal, or is there more?
Usually a dozen or so in a regular sized liquor store around here. 🤷‍♂️

Also, pendleton (sp) is the worst liquor I've ever tried.

Last edited:
Lots of Crown Royal. Some other stuff. I just bought a bottle of Alberta Premium rye. Being honest, it's the first Canadian whiskey I remember liking. I don't usually shop for Canadian whiskey.

Interesting. I'm always curious about the market penetration. We obviously see a ton of American brands up here, but are starting to see more Canadian brands as well. Historically our brands have been more lower shelf, but now we are starting to see quite a number emerge in the $80-100 range, which was UNHEARD OF 10-20 years ago.

I need to take a trip up there. They are two hours away and you can’t get it here
Portsmouth liquor stores must be terrible. New Riff is all over Columbus and the state just released a single barrel pick bourbon a few weeks ago.

Portsmouth liquor stores must be terrible. New Riff is all over Columbus and the state just released a single barrel pick bourbon a few weeks ago.

The only liquor store in Portsmouth now is in Kroger. I have to go across the river to Ashland to find anything

Back