The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old man is back. Probably gained back a couple of the pounds I lost prior to going, but back on track tomorrow. Man, the picture of the TM putters is a breath taker awayer. Awesome. I've been putting well in what limited play I've managed here in the Arctic that has been Cheeseland. I can't wait to get my hands on that mallet with that insert. I've made a change to my set up, and have been putting with a much more relaxed stroke. With the extra weight I ordered in the Corza, the darn putts are going to just about roll themselves. I suspect I'm going to putt better with that putter than I have in years.

The course pictures are great. Nice to have a little idea of what we're going to be dealing with. A couple of those holes really set up well to my eye. I can see the driving angles perfectly. I'm happy it doesn't look really flat. I'm not a big fan of really flat golf courses. The greens where I play are undulating and tiered, though much smaller. I think these should suit me fine.

I see a lot of bunkers. I'm going to avoid those. Hitting into bunkers just increases a guy's score, and who needs that?

Kevin

Great to have you back Kevin, so do you have the same agreement with bunkers that you do with water hazards and rough? If so, tell me where I can get that paperwork so I can fill it out. Tomorrow is my first tourney of the year, and most likely the first of many team Hackers wins this summer! Of course it was beautiful friday, saturday and sunday, and will be beautiful Tuesday and wednesday, but Monday the day of my tourney is going to be rainy and windy, GREAT!

Hope you enjoyed New York, Esox! I'm still on the outside looking in but will do what I can to come down and watch this firsthand.

Great to have you back Kevin, so do you have the same agreement with bunkers that you do with water hazards and rough? If so, tell me where I can get that paperwork so I can fill it out. Tomorrow is my first tourney of the year, and most likely the first of many team Hackers wins this summer! Of course it was beautiful friday, saturday and sunday, and will be beautiful Tuesday and wednesday, but Monday the day of my tourney is going to be rainy and windy, GREAT!

GL CB!

And the Burner Tour. Are we talking good enough that I should break the yellow ball only embargo to try some out?

Burner Tour is a great ball ST.

Good luck in your tourney CB.

I played one burner tour ball today. Only on 9 but still good to get around with 1 ball.

I like it off the tee; even on approaches; but I'm not sold on it's short game spin. I've had a few short sided pitches put of greenside rough an those things never stopped rolling out.

Just for good measure I dropped a few pentas to see. There was some roll but the pentas really seem to just one hop stop.

I think if I can increase my speed on the tee a little (which I'm slowly doing) the Penta will win out.

Good luck in your tourney CB.

I played one burner tour ball today. Only on 9 but still good to get around with 1 ball.

I like it off the tee; even on approaches; but I'm not sold on it's short game spin. I've had a few short sided pitches put of greenside rough an those things never stopped rolling out.

Just for good measure I dropped a few pentas to see. There was some roll but the pentas really seem to just one hop stop.

I think if I can increase my speed on the tee a little (which I'm slowly doing) the Penta will win out.

I hear you CG, you have to play more roll out with the Burner Tour, theres no doubt about that, but you have a SS similar to mine I believe, and if you can't compress the ball off the tee, is it worth the short game control? I just find for my game right now, I can adjust my short game to play the burner, but I can't adjust my driver swing to swing faster. I'm waiting though until the summer when it warms up, to truly see what the pentas do in warm weather for me, and what my SS is leading into the MC.

I hear you CG, you have to play more roll out with the Burner Tour, theres no doubt about that, but you have a SS similar to mine I believe, and if you can't compress the ball off the tee, is it worth the short game control? I just find for my game right now, I can adjust my short game to play the burner, but I can't adjust my driver swing to swing faster. I'm waiting though until the summer when it warms up, to truly see what the pentas do in warm weather for me, and what my SS is leading into the MC.

yea thats almost exactly what im seeing. i KNOW im not fully compressing the penta off the tee. But i also know at the end of the summer last year i was bombing the ball. I still dont have complete confidence yet to where i can swing as fast as i want. But i was there at the end of my year last year so i expect to be there within a month.

I gamed a shorter (44") dromos in my super tri today - and once i become fully accustomed to it - i think i will be able to unleash it. The shorter length is definately something to get used too - i was on the toe several times sinec i was using a 46" driver for almost 2 years.

well last week was Callaway staffers; will this week be the TaylorMade staffers week? :)

I need a cameraman and a tiger look alike... if you're in Cols send me a PM. HAHA.

well last week was Callaway staffers; will this week be the TaylorMade staffers week? :)

I need a cameraman and a tiger look alike... if you're in Cols send me a PM. HAHA.

For my video, I need a donkey, a goat, and ice cream.

Day 2 of my back to back to back golf weekend today. I returned to my hometown where I played my high school golf home course today, not real long but trees lining the fairways and very tight in spots. I hit the ball very well again today and the DART just did it's thing, I shot a 77 today with just 30 putts. I am loving the DART so much it's ridiculous right now, I've never had this much confidence in a putter before in my life. I was making putts from all over the place on the front 9 and could have shot even lower but on the back 9 a couple of longer putts that dropped on the front nine lipped out on me but still a great day today (especially on the greens). Tomorrow I'm playing in a 4 man scramble so I won't have my own score but I have a feeling the DART is going to come in real handy.
Right out of the box too, good stuff. Glad you are liking your new flat stick!

For my video, I need a donkey, a goat, and ice cream.

That sounds distrubingly close to "whatnot". Leave that stuff in the mountains where it belongs : p

That sounds distrubingly close to "whatnot". Leave that stuff in the mountains where it belongs : p

I've never met a single person that didn't like whatnot. Team Paradise is going to get a weekend of it in August. I hope biggsy brings his ranch, they'll need it to wash the whatnot down.

that's why I'm glad there are no mountain men in our townhouse. Apparently there is going to be an abundance of whatnot in the other place. I sure hope they can focus on golf with all that going on

that's why I'm glad there are no mountain men in our townhouse. Apparently there is going to be an abundance of whatnot in the other place. I sure hope they can focus on golf with all that going on

Yeah, instead you get to stay in a house with an albino, who talks funny, and always brags about how huge he is. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hitch in your swing come Friday morning.

I hope biggsy brings his ranch, they'll need it to wash the whatnot down.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hitch in your swing come Friday morning.

now thats some funny stuff right there, idc who you are

I'm thinking about adding a small hitch in my swing just to give whomever plays me the feeling they have a chance. As for the whatnot, I whatnotted the hell out of it for a good portion of my life. I'll leave that for the inexperienced.

Kevin

Yeah, instead you get to stay in a house with an albino, who talks funny, and always brags about how huge he is. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a hitch in your swing come Friday morning.

The hitch can be there Friday morning, as long as it's gone by Saturday morning.

I'm thinking about adding a small hitch in my swing just to give whomever plays me the feeling they have a chance. As for the whatnot, I whatnotted the hell out of it for a good portion of my life. I'll leave that for the inexperienced.

Kevin

I have no doubts that you are correct. You're my whatnot role model truth be told.

The hitch can be there Friday morning, as long as it's gone by Saturday morning.

Knowing that long knocking monster, you'll have it again Friday night.

Knowing that long knocking monster, you'll have it again Friday night.

thank god Yoccos is my roommate or I'd be in trouble!

thank god Yoccos is my roommate or I'd be in trouble!

You better sleep with one eye open buddy, or maybe you and yoccos can just sleep back to back.

Fify. Sorry, I had to. It was asking for it.

don't apologize to me, I thought that was LOL funny! Team Paradise: they love their yardage books, skype conversations, team emails, motivational posters, ranch, sim golf, flip flops, and man love. I'd say they're quite proficient at the latter. That belbin and biggsy are both HUGE!!!!

That belbin and biggsy are both HUGE!!!!

lol - belbin says hes long- weve seen it on his *edited* video. haha - ill wait and take DDec's word on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back