@baylrballa which balcones do I avoid again? Going to grab some this weekend. Also trying angels envy to see how it is.

I have never had the Glenlevit Nadurra Peated. Probably start there.

Both the grand cru and texas bock are novelties at best, terrible at worst.

I have not tried the Texas Bock. But the Grand Cru’s flavor profile was sweetened stale keg beer. So, I’d put that right there in the terrible category.

Thanks for the heads up!

Einy meany miney more
20210311_201603.jpg

Think its a bowmore night

Absolutely! And I defer to Baylor Baller as the definitive Balcones expert.

I did like the Rumble and I bet the Rumble Cask Strength would be pretty good too.
Is very solid, one of my faves. Unique and not technically whiskey.

PXL_20210312_011942061.jpg

Had some more of this. I might need to pick up a couple more bottles before they sell out

34D5A1B9-7C55-4500-ABE5-254FFE4E7D05.jpeg

Continued a 45 year old tradition I started with my dad tonight. He loved The Quiet Man with the Duke, and we always watched it around St Patrick's Day.. When I was old enough we started watching the movie and would split a bottle of Irish Whiskey to watch the movie. The whiskey would change over the years but never the desire to watch the movie. Well my dad is gone now, but not the tradition. Sat done and watched The Quiet Man tonight and it was as always just like usual, a joy to watch. Felt my dad's presence as always, and as usual loved the movie. Somebody gonna say how can you watch the movie for 45 years and still enjoy it. With the The Quiet Man it is very easy, this is one great movie.
This was the beverage of choice tonight, not a very difficult decision when you think about it. alc.gif

20210313_230310.jpg

Had some more of this. I might need to pick up a couple more bottles before they sell out

View attachment 8997554
These are still one of the best bargains in bourbon. I know they cut a lot the 15 yr picks but for a solid 9-12, 120 proofer it is hard to beat at $55.

Thoughts on High West, my daughter just brought me a bottle from the distillery in Utah.

Played Harbourtown last week and afterward we had a drink in the bar. They had Old Pappy 10 year and asked the bartender what the cost was $30. So ordered. The biggest pour I have ever had. Was like 4 oz. What a finish to a fabulous day....

Back