THP 2011 Outing Scripting

I am in the same boat. The only thing I have set so far is my dinner dress and that has actually changed since last week. I decided to go with a different dress because I was afraid the one I originally picked out was just a tad too dressy for the occasion. Other than that I have no idea what I will be wearing. I think the hardest part for me will be picking out which shoes to bring.

Uggh!! Shoes...I haven't even thought about that...maybe I should buy another pair of golf shoes too...my wife is going to kill me.

Uggh!! Shoes...I haven't even thought about that...maybe I should buy another pair of golf shoes too...my wife is going to kill me.

Last year I brought down 3 pairs of golf shoes, a pair of sneakers, flip flops and dress shoes. I might be bringing a 4th pair of golf shoes this time...hehe

Last year I brought down 3 pairs of golf shoes, a pair of sneakers, flip flops and dress shoes. I might be bringing a 4th pair of golf shoes this time...hehe

I think we are going to need a separate suitcase just for shoes. :smile:

I think we are going to need a separate suitcase just for shoes. :smile:

haha thats crazy!! Im stuffing 2 pairs of golf shoes into my club bag - sandals, dress shoes, and probably wearing a pair of sneakers on the flight.

I think I will try and do this, but only 1 or 2 pair of golf shoes...I think...Sad thing is, I am more nervous about this stuff then the fact that I am going to thoroughly embarass myself on the course with my play...HAHAHA

I think I will try and do this, but only 1 or 2 pair of golf shoes...I think...Sad thing is, I am more nervous about this stuff then the fact that I am going to thoroughly embarass myself on the course with my play...HAHAHA

Because its more important...hehe

As long as I look the part nobody will notice...right?

I hvae been saying that for years. Look the part, act as if, and smile. The rest will the internet golfer's credo...

Spoiler
I am going through a swing change

I hvae been saying that for years. Look the part, act as if, and smile. The rest will the internet golfer's credo...

Spoiler
I am going through a swing change

But I am(see my first real lesson thread)...I would never blame that though. I would be 10 times worse if I wasn't making a change.

last year I only brought 1 pair of golf shoes, this year I will bring 2.

Or just say "I'm having a bad round, I don't normally play like this must be the humidity"

Or just say "I'm having a bad round, I don't normally play like this must be the humidity"

That's a good one...I'll have to remember that.

Could you wear them again or would you wear them again after the dress like a pro day? If so, maybe it'll be ok. :) Or at least justified.

I always justify my spending based on how many different uses I can get out of a garment. That's why I am happy to spend more on items like jeans and "bridgewear" type golf clothes. I know I will get a ton of use out of them so I don't mind spending more.

I'll wear them moe than once, that's for sure. The whole house thing is really sucking up the cash right now. I'm trying to convince AG to buy them for my birthday as an early present.... we'll see how that goes! :D

last year I only brought 1 pair of golf shoes, this year I will bring 2.

Are having two pairs of golf shoes a necessity, or just a style thing? Like when we snowboard for multiple days in a row, you have to have the pull out liners so your boots and gloves will dry, or you need more than one pair, b/c otherwise it's just gross on day 2.

Are having two pairs of golf shoes a necessity, or just a style thing? Like when we snowboard for multiple days in a row, you have to have the pull out liners so your boots and gloves will dry, or you need more than one pair, b/c otherwise it's just gross on day 2.

I think style more than anything here Patty.

I think style more than anything here Patty.

I agree with JB here Patty. I only brought one pair last time (black) and will only bring one pair again (white). All my planned outfits so far will work with white shoes, so to save space and weight, I'm only bringing one pair.

Or just play with me... I got the okay to travel from my doc, but not the okay to get all hot and sweaty for two days in a row (or at all) for fear of preterm labor and being so far away from home. We'll see how much golfing I actually get to play. I might be a pick-er-up-er on these couple of days (a warning to all who are in my group), although lately my game has been fair. I actually have no problem with it though, as I don't like to keep score (is that blasphemous?).

I agree with JB here Patty. I only brought one pair last time (black) and will only bring one pair again (white). All my planned outfits so far will work with white shoes, so to save space and weight, I'm only bringing one pair.

Awesome - I've been planning on bringing only one - although I think Mr. Blind 9 might be bringing two (for style reasons!).

Awesome - I've been planning on bringing only one - although I think Mr. Blind 9 might be bringing two (for style reasons!).

I thought about two originally, but thought against it as my scripting developed. No need to burden myself with more than I have too. If I was closer and drove to WPB, it would be a different story! :D

Not even close yet. I pretty much only know what I will be wearing to the dinner. Everything else is up in the air, partially because I will need multiple outfits for each day, and partly because I can't decide on if I should go with what I have, or go and spend some more money on some new stuff. One other thing I am set on is sunglasses. I just bought a new pair of Oakley Half Jackets.

Well well. Someone was hiding a purchase from me!

I thought about two originally, but thought against it as my scripting developed. No need to burden myself with more than I have too. If I was closer and drove to WPB, it would be a different story! :D

I am driving, but I am not sure I want to pack the entire house.

I am driving, but I am not sure I want to pack the entire house.

I wouldn't pack the house, that's for sure. I just did that and am not doing it again! :act-up:

That being said, I would take a second pair of golf shoes.

Back