DC MD VA Area Chat

Let's do this! Might be intruding on your work day, but you will never regret playing a Top 100.

I just got a tee time booked for 7:30 am on Wednesday, May 19. The course is closed the day before for a tournament so the course should be minty!!

Whoever wants to join, I got three spots and will call it in. I told them I might be adding "a few friends". Didn't say I had never met them lol
Yeah I definitely could not do that. I don’t drop the kids off to school until 7 and it’s at least a 2.5 hour drive.

Yeah I definitely could not do that. I don’t drop the kids off to school until 7 and it’s at least a 2.5 hour drive.

I know it is a long shot for many, but figured I would give it a shot. Would be great to meet some of the VA THP community!

I know it is a long shot for many, but figured I would give it a shot. Would be great to meet some of the VA THP community!
Yeah I really wish I could make that work. I love meeting up with other THPers any chance I get.

Hey guys, making a trip to Williamsburg May 15-20 with the family and planning on breaking away for a 730-800 tee time at The Golden Horseshoe GC (Gold Course). Thinking about playing either Monday or Tuesday of that week. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Playing there Tuesday. First time. Looks pretty special.

If I wasn't going to be at the PGA, and or had a new job, I think I'd be there. I've always to play that course, used to host an event on tour?

If I wasn't going to be at the PGA, and or had a new job, I think I'd be there. I've always to play that course, used to host an event on tour?
LPGA Event was/is played there

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LPGA Event was/is played there

Thanks but wasn't there an event for the men, if not there, at least in the area? Maybe mid 80s-90s?

Thanks but wasn't there an event for the men, if not there, at least in the area? Maybe mid 80s-90s?
IIRC, Michelob Championship/Anhueser-Busch Classic was held at Kingsmill until 2002.

Not to my knowledge. I know the US Am Tour is playing there right now. A lot of collegiate & amateur events are played there all the time.

Playing there Tuesday. First time. Looks pretty special.

Very special. Plus, all the greens and tee boxes got re done a couple years ago. Should be super pure.

I am playing it the day after it is closed for a tournament, so conditions should be great!

Take some pics, would love to hear about your round.

I might have a hookup for Kingsmill....... next time I go to Williamsburg will look in to it and see if anybody wants to join.

I might have a hookup for Kingsmill....... next time I go to Williamsburg will look in to it and see if anybody wants to join.
If you get to play Kingsmill, play the Woods course (they have 3 courses there). It's not the one they used for the PGA event but it's their best course by far. I worked there between high school and college and played all 3 courses many times.

Dang, I felt special for a minute 🤣
My mistake. If anything you should feel fortunate 😏. Leaning hard toward yes but I need to wait until they post the spring sports schedule. Should know for sure later this week.

My mistake. If anything you should feel fortunate 😏. Leaning hard toward yes but I need to wait until they post the spring sports schedule. Should know for sure later this week.

From the banter going around, looks to me like you guys would be a great time. Let me know!

From the banter going around, looks to me like you guys would be a great time. Let me know!

Well the scheduling people weren’t kind to me so as much as I would like to play I’m going to have to bow out. Was hoping to get GH Gold checked off my play list too.

Well the scheduling people weren’t kind to me so as much as I would like to play I’m going to have to bow out. Was hoping to get GH Gold checked off my play list too.

Son of a!

Offer still stands and have three spots open at the Golden Horseshoe (Gold), May 19, 7:30 am!

Offer still stands and have three spots open at the Golden Horseshoe (Gold), May 19, 7:30 am!
Played there Tuesday. First time. Unbelievable contours. All 4 par 3's are down hill over water. Many valleys for tee ball crossings. Great green complexes with some devilish elevated greens. You may look at scorecard and say white tees aren't long enough....But the par 4's are either shorter or longer. So unless you play long 4's well. Play the whites. Strong group of finishers. I'd join but I have so many balls in air right now. Playing TPC Potomac just before your visit here. Enjoy.

Played there Tuesday. First time. Unbelievable contours. All 4 par 3's are down hill over water. Many valleys for tee ball crossings. Great green complexes with some devilish elevated greens. You may look at scorecard and say white tees aren't long enough....But the par 4's are either shorter or longer. So unless you play long 4's well. Play the whites. Strong group of finishers. I'd join but I have so many balls in air right now. Playing TPC Potomac just before your visit here. Enjoy.

The par 3’s look absolutely gorgeous. Sounds like you really enjoyed it.

So you played it from around 6500?

Two spots left for the Golden Horseshoe Gold Course this coming Wednesday, at 7:30 am!

Back