He goes with a belly putter and there will be a lot of laughing going on, no doubt about that. What he should do is move over to TaylorMade equipment and stop playing that Nike crap. If he did that, he might be able to squeeze out a few more victories before he completely fades from view.

Kevin

Nah, he just needs to pick up a Cleveland Classics putter off the shelf for a cool $69 and start draining every putt he strokes. Hey, it worked for Jerry Kelly!

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

So, because it's Tiger, Bubba doesn't have the right to say what's on his mind?

Not at all, he can say what he likes. It just holds no weight with me. If Jack said that, then fine. He is in a position give tiger advice on what to do.

I wonder if Scotty Cameron makes self help books? Then Tiger would really have the last laugh and we'd all look like fools.

I am not a fan of Bubba and this just confirms it. I don't think he needs to express his opinion. Now I know who DJ wants smack in the head.

Seriously. But what about DJ, he expressed an opinion, then didn't have the balls to say who he was talking about. Is it OK for DJ to speak as long as it isn't about Tiger? What if it comes out that it is Tiger that he wants to fight? Then he should shut up too?

Not at all, he can say what he likes. It just holds no weight with me. If Jack said that, then fine. He is in a position give tiger advice on what to do.

I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with what you or many of the people on here are saying. However, if you look at it in in those terms then should Foley be giving him advice? How many majors has he won? I just don't think the amount majors under one's belt is a good measure of the worth of one's opinion or advice.

I'm an Staff Sergeant in the Army and I can honestly say that I've gotten some great advice on how to deal with, encourage, and lead soldiers from people who are civilians. They don't know Jack about the Army, but general knowledge from these people of how people work/respond to different leadership styles still helped me.

I'm a little shocked at how sensitive some of the Tiger fans are. All Bubba said is that Tiger is talented enough to fix things on his own, and if it were him, he wouldn't be doing it that way. Basically complementing Tiger's talent, and saying too many coaching styles recently have sent him down the wrong road. Far more degrading coaches, rather than Tiger. And the Tiger fanboys get all insulted by it? Really? Is it really a big deal?

What works for Tiger probably wouldn't work for Bubba and vice versa. Think Crane vs Cabrera, or Furyk vs Snedeker. Everyone is wired a little differently and has a unique mix of right/left brain. Try to get an artist to do accounting or vice versa. Different strokes for different folks.

I like structure and process. It is works for me. My buddy I play the most with is the dead opposite. I could kill him when he says his crap about "just swing" and "see ball, hit ball" because that is a myopic perspective that assumes what works for him works for me. He could probably kill me when I start talking to our other buddies about the P4 accumulator and right forearm alignment. We are just wired differently. Same thing for tour pros.

I think this should be a reason for you to like Bubba not hate him. Brutal honesty holds more weight than anything else. He wasn't saying it in a rude manner, or sarcastically (i.e. Ian Poulter-like), or being a meanie, he was getting it out on the table. Every golfer other than TW knows that any kind of TW success whether three tour wins or one major win is good for the sport and their wallets. Bubba meant no harm, he was just expressing his opinion about forgetting the mental and technical stuff and just to play golf the way it's supposed to be played.

I think this should be a reason for you to like Bubba not hate him. Brutal honesty holds more weight than anything else. He wasn't saying it in a rude manner, or sarcastically (i.e. Ian Poulter-like), or being a meanie, he was getting it out on the table. Every golfer other than TW knows that any kind of TW success whether three tour wins or one major win is good for the sport and their wallets. Bubba meant no harm, he was just expressing his opinion about forgetting the mental and technical stuff and just to play golf the way it's supposed to be played.

And just to reaffirm the article also says how they are frequent practice round partners, so they have some sort of relationship but whether its positive or negative...well I can't imagine they'd play practice rounds much if they weren't?

I'm a TW fan as has been expressed a multitude of times and I first commented that I can see Bubba being correct in many ways so I buck the trend of TW fans that are defensive of the comments. Regardless, Bubba is winning right now and TW is not or in the words of Jim Rome "SCOREBOARD". His game is doing more talking right now so I want to hear what he's got to say.

You are kidding right? A guy who is basically self taught and has won 3 tournaments in the past year has no valid opinion? That is not giving him much credit is it? BTW Jack had just one swing coach/teacher his entire career, I would bet he would recommend that Tiger stick with one guy at least if the question were ever asked of him. I think Tiger would have already won 20+ majors if he had just stayed with Butch Harmon.

I'm a little shocked at how sensitive some of the Tiger fans are. All Bubba said is that Tiger is talented enough to fix things on his own, and if it were him, he wouldn't be doing it that way. Basically complementing Tiger's talent, and saying too many coaching styles recently have sent him down the wrong road. Far more degrading coaches, rather than Tiger. And the Tiger fanboys get all insulted by it? Really? Is it really a big deal?
I said essentially the same thing a few posts back. Hard to believe, eh?

TW went quite awhile without a coach after Haney quit. I wonder if he tried goin solo? TW has 14 majors and 71 pga wins, seventy one wins. He's got more time in the sani-can than Bubba has on tour. If Bubba wants to make a fool of himself by offering unsolicited advice so be it.

And just to reaffirm the article also says how they are frequent practice round partners, so they have some sort of relationship but whether its positive or negative...well I can't imagine they'd play practice rounds much if they weren't?

I'm a TW fan as has been expressed a multitude of times and I first commented that I can see Bubba being correct in many ways so I buck the trend of TW fans that are defensive of the comments. Regardless, Bubba is winning right now and TW is not or in the words of Jim Rome "SCOREBOARD". His game is doing more talking right now so I want to hear what he's got to say.

I'm just going to be playing Devils Advocate on this one...even thought I'm a huge Bubba fan. Would Bubba be less prone to make these comments if he wasn't winning.

TW went quite awhile without a coach after Haney quit. I wonder if he tried goin solo? TW has 14 majors and 71 pga wins, seventy one wins. He's got more time in the sani-can than Bubba has on tour. If Bubba wants to make a fool of himself by offering unsolicited advice so be it.

Ummmm.... He was asked a question by a reporter about tiger and answered. Hardly "unsolicited advice".

Is it just me, or does it seem the Tiger fans are extra sensitive now that it looks like he'll never return to dominance?

Kevin

Is it just me, or does it seem the Tiger fans are extra sensitive now that it looks like he'll never return to dominance?

Kevin

If it's you, it's me too.

Kevin
The funny thing is that I'm not even that big a fan of TW's. I just don't hate him. I think Bubba's head grew a little too fast for his hat. I'd much rather see Cabrera or Jimenez win.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that I'm not even that big a fan of TW's. I just don't hate him. I think Bubba's head grew a little too fast for his hat. I'd much rather see Cabrera or Jimenez win.

Nothing's too big for THAT visor!

Kevin

I have been and always will be a TW fan! I feel that the same energy that is spent defending TW is also spent cutting him down. Those that hate make it known every chance they can, which is fine. But don't be surprised when his fans defend him.

Bubba and TW are friends or at least they were friends. Bubba has earned the right to comment based on their friendship. Based on the fact that he is a Tour player with wins. Based on the fact he has an opinion and likes to share it. Some hate it and others embrace it. I for one think he is right on the button with his statement. There comes a time when you just have to play. Tiger has the talent, does he still have the drive? I think he does and I think he'll be back. Will he win at the same pace, it's possible but logic and strength of fields would say no. But he'll be back in the winners circle multiple times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many wins did TW have at 32? I like hearing these guys comments when they are on a roll. I guess Bubba's got it all figured out. Try not to cry next time stud.

I think Bubba does have it figured out. HAVE FUN, something Tiger has no clue how to do now days. I hate even watching Tiger play. if he hits one in the hole he is pissed because it did not go in fast enough.

Go Bubba.

Kevin
I'm pretty sure TW will play strong golf for quite some time yet. If Freddy can play both tours with a bad back and Tom Watson can almost take a major like he did 2 yrs ago, TW will give us plenty more highlights. I have a feeling he'll be better than ever too, ugh, it's not fair really. The sad thing is the field had 2 years for someone to stand up and what, the best guy is Westood? Really, how hard is he gonna be to beat when TW is having even a mediocre day?

I think Bubba does have it figured out. HAVE FUN, something Tiger has no clue how to do now days. I hate even watching Tiger play. if he hits one in the hole he is pissed because it did not go in fast enough.

Go Bubba.
Yep... I can't agree more. If TW ever did show a sense of humor or humility while playing he'd have his fans back pdq. This is also why I'm ranting on Bubba so harshly this week. He made it sound like he never would have even played if his Mom didn't drag him to N.O. And then when he did get so many unbelievably good lies from such horrible shots he acted po'd or dissapointed.

This thread is the epitome of weirdness.

Back