Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

Kinetixx is tipped. Now, for the rain to stop so I can try this combo out....
Look forward to your thoughts. But you can take it easy on total rounds played for a week or so longer. I’m laid up for another couple weeks.

Considering tipping the motorex shaft that’s in my speedzone to see how it plays in comparison to the blue rdx.

Curious, but what are you hoping the Kinetixx brings to the table when paired with the C721?
What Kinetixx is designed to do, maximizing energy transfer while not sacrificing dispersion. They’re truly special.

What Kinetixx is designed to do, maximizing energy transfer while not sacrificing dispersion. They’re truly special.
I may have to try one of these....

I'd love to see what this head does with a different shaft. I will say though after putting the F9 back in the bag last week this one sounds extremely loud in comparison.

Might be something to look at. Like the idea of max energy transfer. Some of us could benefit from that.

Might be something to look at. Like the idea of max energy transfer. Some of us could benefit from that.
Some of us, or all of us :ROFLMAO:

I'd love to see what this head does with a different shaft. I will say though after putting the F9 back in the bag last week this one sounds extremely loud in comparison.
It’s just not as completely composite sounding as that one was, it’s the unique composite and titanium blend

I have a EF Blue with a tour edge adapter. I am going to go hit it with that shaft.

I really like the EF blue in the EXS DRIVER.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I have a EF Blue with a tour edge adapter. I am going to go hit it with that shaft.

I really like the EF blue in the EXS DRIVER.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Just remember, veeeeeeery different head profiles.

Ding ding ding
I'd love to get onto a launch monitor, dig into my numbers, and really optimize my driver shaft. It's a weakness of mine, understanding my swing, my numbers, and making sound judgements based on that. I know what I want to see as far as flight, but usually just trial and error until I find my sweet spot. And even then, I'm sure it's not maximized. I need a fitting, but easier said than done I'm afraid.

I say that because I'd love to plug in some shafts into the C721 to see if I can squeak out some more distance, or tighter dispersion. And I say this from a place where the C721 is giving me both, but sometimes I wonder what I'm leaving on the table. The head is fun, what I'm wondering if I can make it more fun!

I'd love to get onto a launch monitor, dig into my numbers, and really optimize my driver shaft. It's a weakness of mine, understanding my swing, my numbers, and making sound judgements based on that. I know what I want to see as far as flight, but usually just trial and error until I find my sweet spot. And even then, I'm sure it's not maximized. I need a fitting, but easier said than done I'm afraid.

I say that because I'd love to plug in some shafts into the C721 to see if I can squeak out some more distance, or tighter dispersion. And I say this from a place where the C721 is giving me both, but sometimes I wonder what I'm leaving on the table. The head is fun, what I'm wondering if I can make it more fun!

You should be able to do that without a launch monitor. Generally speaking, loft and ball will influence actual ball flight more than shaft. Shaft will influence how you deliver the club head to the ball.

Dare I say we should all go for that fitting. Would be so much cheaper than tinkering with experiments. However as internet golfers are we not required to tinker and spend cash in hopes of that tour club performance.

Tour Edge takes down Ping in bracket challenge.

Tour Edge takes down Ping in bracket challenge.

By .5 of a yard!!! But I watched it thinking “He’s having trouble keeping the Ping online” it seemed all over the shop (relatively). Then they commented it took 20 shots with the Ping to get the 8 or so they use. It only took 3 extra to get the #’s off the C721. I liked the idea of adding the “feel” element, by penalizing a club that takes extra swings to get the #’s. If they used it, the C721 would have totally dominated.

By .5 of a yard!!! But I watched it thinking “He’s having trouble keeping the Ping online” it seemed all over the shop (relatively). Then they commented it took 20 shots with the Ping to get the 8 or so they use. It only took 3 extra to get the #’s off the C721. I liked the idea of adding the “feel” element, by penalizing a club that takes extra swings to get the #’s. If they used it, the C721 would have totally dominated.
If you use figures and dialogue appears the 721 was easily to victor. We don’t get those extra 10 or 15 swings to pick ball we like on course.

Let me guess, it was better launching and lower spinning?

It’s like I know things. :LOL:

It seems to be the result of the day, whatever day, day after day

Don’t forget easier to hit and more carry.

From shots used in video it sure looked liked they were hoping the ping would win out. Only showed the best and straightest from it. I’ll give them credit that they came out with explanation about c721 being so much easier to hit.

The Ping.....

Higher launch with almost identical spin numbers

Higher launch with almost identical spin numbers
And more accurate.

And better sounding.

And just......better. ;)

Back