Review Tour Edge Exotics C721 Driver Review

And more accurate.

And better sounding.

And just......better. ;)
Haha, and here I thought you were a Ping driver guy!

Haha, and here I thought you were a Ping driver guy!
I’m a what’s the best performer out there guy! It’s why this one and the Mizuno have turned my driver plans upside down this year 🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: MH
I’m a what’s the best performer out there guy! It’s why this one and the Mizuno have turned my driver plans upside down this year 🔥🔥🔥

There's a good chance we'll have a Mizuno vs Tour Edge final in the TXG bracket.

Just remember, veeeeeeery different head profiles.
Could you please elaborate?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

From shots used in video it sure looked liked they were hoping the ping would win out. Only showed the best and straightest from it. I’ll give them credit that they came out with explanation about c721 being so much easier to hit.
I watched that video last night. I hadn't been following their whole bracket so I was a little surprised to see the Tour Edge. Surprised is probably the wrong word. I know their clubs perform. But, I guess I was surprised to see that they put it in their bracket in the first place. Throughout the video with their comments of how easy it was to accumulate the necessary 10 shots vs. the Ping (which has been noted as being pretty damn forgiving from everything I have read on it) was very surprising.

Not going to lie. The Tour Edge wasn't really on my radar. I was aware of its existence and everything. But, probably some brand snobbishness and my affinity for Callaway clubs pretty much cemented that it wasn't ever going to get a shot. Their video made me do a double take of sorts. So, I started digesting some of the information that I glanced over previously. And now, I kind of want to try this bad boy haha. I don't know if they have any in our shops locally though. May have to be one I take a flyer on if I can find a deal on a used head and see how it compares to my Epic Speed TD.

There's a good chance we'll have a Mizuno vs Tour Edge final in the TXG bracket.

Having hit both of these - THEY ARE 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

I have a TEE LIN-Q gunmetal ready to add to the C721, should one present itself for a test and head to head with a mid / high capper.

Arcoss is updated with Mizzy numbers this year... had great success in the 5 drives or so with C721, but thinking LIN-Q might take it next level.

I watched that video last night. I hadn't been following their whole bracket so I was a little surprised to see the Tour Edge. Surprised is probably the wrong word. I know their clubs perform. But, I guess I was surprised to see that they put it in their bracket in the first place. Throughout the video with their comments of how easy it was to accumulate the necessary 10 shots vs. the Ping (which has been noted as being pretty damn forgiving from everything I have read on it) was very surprising.

Not going to lie. The Tour Edge wasn't really on my radar. I was aware of its existence and everything. But, probably some brand snobbishness and my affinity for Callaway clubs pretty much cemented that it wasn't ever going to get a shot. Their video made me do a double take of sorts. So, I started digesting some of the information that I glanced over previously. And now, I kind of want to try this bad boy haha. I don't know if they have any in our shops locally though. May have to be one I take a flyer on if I can find a deal on a used head and see how it compares to my Epic Speed TD.
If low spin is what your looking for it is a beast. It out preforms my speedzone and B21 in both distance and accuracy.

If low spin is what your looking for it is a beast. It out preforms my speedzone and B21 in both distance and accuracy.
The lack of my knowledge on it and reports of surprising performance is kind of reminiscent of how I found out about one of my favorite all time drivers, the Adams 9015D. Wonder if this is another unicorn I need to try.

Could you please elaborate?

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Very different spin and launch profiles overall, the EXS wishes it was this low spin. It’s because of things like that, that just sticking with a shaft that worked in another head doesn’t always work.

The lack of my knowledge on it and reports of surprising performance is kind of reminiscent of how I found out about one of my favorite all time drivers, the Adams 9015D. Wonder if this is another unicorn I need to try.
. It has been a pleasure testing the C721 driver. It is a great year to be a member of TEEm Tour Edge. Tons of info on it in this thread.

I found the TXG matchup to be highly complimentary of Tour Edge. Not derogatory or making excuses for Ping at all.

But, while I like watching Matt swing, the reality is his 120mph clubhead speed bears zero resemblance to my 95 mph powder puff.

I found the TXG matchup to be highly complimentary of Tour Edge. Not derogatory or making excuses for Ping at all.

But, while I like watching Matt swing, the reality is his 120mph clubhead speed bears zero resemblance to my 95 mph powder puff.
Good news is there are reviews out there where mortals are indeed reviewing these clubs....like the THP homepage ;)

While that is true. It does show, at the very least, how similar the C271 is vs one of the bigger OEMs good for good. At 120mph, you have to be even more consistent to keep the ball in play. If it truly took 7 less swings to get there in the same session, that speaks loads for someone looking for some consistency when they're in the 95mph range.

I understand that, Neither are we, but, I still see gains in the use of this head and i have been pretty brand loyal to Taylormade for years with he exception of the Ping G Series a few years ago, I was surprised at the difference in that club, /but the Tour Edge C721 has dropped every other driver from my bag since i have gotten the Ventus Red Shaft in it. This thing for ME? game changer

Good news is there are reviews out there where mortals are indeed reviewing these clubs....like the THP homepage ;)
you a mere mortal - nahhhhh

I understand that, Neither are we, but, I still see gains in the use of this head and i have been pretty brand loyal to Taylormade for years with he exception of the Ping G Series a few years ago, I was surprised at the difference in that club, /but the Tour Edge C721 has dropped every other driver from my bag since i have gotten the Ventus Red Shaft in it. This thing for ME? game changer
I was a skeptic I’ll admit and admitted it at the beginning of testing. I was using the unicorn of all unicorns at the time. The C721 has stood up to the test and continually produces great results. In last several rounds the number of errant balls have basically disappeared. The last 36 holes played only one ball lost. That was due to me trying to cut corner and doing a little double cross. Even bad swings ball foes move as far right or left as you might think. I think back to my first round with it in the swamps of South Louisiana. Couple balls that I worried about off the tee still found edge of fairway. Even that round the driver didn’t result in a lost ball. It is a driver worth giving a try for sure. It’s cool to be able to hit a 399.00 driver farther than your buddy that spent 6 or 7 hundred.

I was a skeptic I’ll admit and admitted it at the beginning of testing. I was using the unicorn of all unicorns at the time. The C721 has stood up to the test and continually produces great results. In last several rounds the number of errant balls have basically disappeared. The last 36 holes played only one ball lost. That was due to me trying to cut corner and doing a little double cross. Even bad swings ball foes move as far right or left as you might think. I think back to my first round with it in the swamps of South Louisiana. Couple balls that I worried about off the tee still found edge of fairway. Even that round the driver didn’t result in a lost ball. It is a driver worth giving a try for sure. It’s cool to be able to hit a 399.00 driver farther than your buddy that spent 6 or 7 hundred.
What shaft do you have paired with it? Club head weight seem to be in line with other current drivers?

What shaft do you have paired with it? Club head weight seem to be in line with other current drivers?
I have the RDX Blue.

I have the RDX Blue.
Which is a great shaft. My swing speed hovers around 105 and it has been a great pairing with the C721.

I have the RDX Blue.
I tried the RDX Blue this Winter. But, I have not had great luck with higher balance point shafts. So, wasn't a surprise that it didn't work out. Was just on their site and it doesn't look like there are any custom shaft options. Already hit up eBay in search of a used head and am watching a couple listings lol.

I tried the RDX Blue this Winter. But, I have not had great luck with higher balance point shafts. So, wasn't a surprise that it didn't work out. Was just on their site and it doesn't look like there are any custom shaft options. Already hit up eBay in search of a used head and am watching a couple listings lol.
If you contact TE I think you can get some other shaft options other than standard. I asked that question about irons. Was told they have a list of custom shaft options. It’s just not online

First few swings I was a little worried. After a little getting used to one another I actually now like the counter balance. I tipped a Fuji 661 speeder that I had used in another driver. Didn’t like the feel of it after swinging the blue. Before that it actually was a shaft that I played in the B21. Everyone has their own thoughts and preferences in shaft feel. I truly need to go for an actual shaft fitting.

First few swings I was a little worried. After a little getting used to one another I actually now like the counter balance. I tipped a Fuji 661 speeder that I had used in another driver. Didn’t like the feel of it after swinging the blue. Before that it actually was a shaft that I played in the B21. Everyone has their own thoughts and preferences in shaft feel. I truly need to go for an actual shaft fitting.
I had a shaft fitting a few years back and the Tensei Pro Orange won hands down. Just bombs on the indoor trackman. Once I got it on the course I just couldn't control it. Pretty much like every other CB shaft I have tried. Not to take anything away from the thread. Thinking if I go this route, I would likely buy a used head off eBay or something and then pair it with a Ventus Blue or something.

Back