Club Champion Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where this shaft broke, was it where we normally saw shafts break at Dick’s (right above the adapter) or was it somewhere else?

It was towards the middle. Remember before I moved and swung that one driver in the sim and it snapped in the middle? I did nothing wrong, remember? Granted that was a demo.

Puring a shaft has no additional cost for drivers. The car is a good anaology though. If I grt a new stereo installed and 2 months in it stops working, the installer isn’t going to warranty it. The stereo company would, right?
If you buy a Samsung from Best Buy, have them hang it on your wall and a month later it suddenly falls off the wall and breaks. Who is responsible for replacing the TV?

Puring a shaft has no additional cost for drivers. The car is a good anaology though. If I grt a new stereo installed and 2 months in it stops working, the installer isn’t going to warranty it. The stereo company would, right?
I would agree it depends on why, in this scenario, the stereo stopped working. Was it due to a mistake in installation causing the mechanical failure that ultimately can’t simply be fixed by the installer or a defect in the stereo? One would be on the stereo company with the installer probably charging nothing to install/fix. The other would be on the installer to completely replace on their own dime.

With this breaking of the club, we don’t truly know the reason for such a break. Was it putting too much weight and bending the shaft to break? Was it a faulty install? Or was it just a faulty shaft in general?

If you buy a Samsung from Best Buy, have them hang it on your wall and a month later it suddenly falls off the wall and breaks. Who is responsible for replacing the TV?
I think this is more like... If you pay Best Buy to hang the TV on the wall and a month later you send your wii remote through it, who is responsible for replacing the TV?

That would be the hanging issue or in this case a build issue. That’s not what happened here.

I would agree it depends on why, in this scenario, the stereo stopped working. Was it due to a mistake in installation causing the mechanical failure that ultimately can’t simply be fixed by the installer or a defect in the stereo? One would be on the stereo company with the installer probably charging nothing to install/fix. The other would be on the installer to completely replace on their own dime.

With this breaking of the club, we don’t truly know the reason for such a break. Was it putting too much weight and bending the shaft to break? Was it a faulty install? Or was it just a faulty shaft in general?
A faulty build doesn’t break in the middle of the shaft. That comes from one of two things. A: a product failure. B: a golfer failure.

Here are pics.

A95FC3DA-AEEF-467B-935A-B92C6ECAD849.jpeg

168E427F-70BE-40D7-A4DB-584C9816A1F0.jpeg
43B4682A-E2A5-41A8-BFED-24545CD929E7.jpeg

I think that if the issue was at the hotel or with the epoxy and build CC would be the people to go through, but if the shaft snapped, albeit after a non typical action ie you leaning on it even slightly, it may be a defect with just the shaft.. while they could and should contact the manufacturer, perhaps they did but with minimal effort. Hopefully fuji will be helpful

As you can see above, if I snapped this over a knee or something it would be a much cleaner break.

At the end of the day, I expected more from a company that I:

1. Was a returning customer
2. Spent over 1k with them on this specific product.
3. I didn’t care for it being insinuated that I broke it myself.

It was towards the middle. Remember before I moved and swung that one driver in the sim and it snapped in the middle? I did nothing wrong, remember? Granted that was a demo.
I remember that... And it was a demo shaft off of the fitting cart.

I think that if the issue was at the hotel or with the epoxy and build CC would be the people to go through, but if the shaft snapped, albeit after a non typical action ie you leaning on it even slightly, it may be a defect with just the shaft.. while they could and should contact the manufacturer, perhaps they did but with minimal effort. Hopefully fuji will be helpful

See post above yours.

What's your perspective on Fuji for this?

I think this is more like... If you pay Best Buy to hang the TV on the wall and a month later you send your wii remote through it, who is responsible for replacing the TV?

This would be a golfer Error in this care, thus I never make this post.

A faulty build doesn’t break in the middle of the shaft. That comes from one of two things. A: a product failure. B: a golfer failure.
I will stand corrected if it’s not possible that where the break occurred could be caused by the build. I can’t say I have the knowledge to know that and many on here like yourself absolutely do. I am surprised that the shaft company isn’t just writing this up and sending a new shaft out. They have the original charge showing this shaft was just purchased. Sure, they probably get lots of shaft break claims and can’t cover them all, but in this case being so new there could be the possibility even if it’s a small one that the shaft was faulty.

Im certainly not defending a customer service issue. I wasn't there.
Merely that the break of the product is warrantied by the manufacturer of the product and if the build had failed, that would have been a CC issue.

Club champion should get you a new shaft. Its smart business. I'll never go back cant stand the upcharges.
It goes back to one of my previous comments... I wonder how many calls CC gets monthly for clubs that are snapped right down the middle. If they followed up with the manufacturer and they aren't reasonable, that absolutely sucks, but that hate should go to the manufacturer. There are too many golf companies out there doing the right thing, replacing way too old heads that have caved in with new products.

...then again, I'm not a big Fuji fan, so maybe it fits

Club champion should replace the shaft and than get a new one from fuji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back