COBRA KING 3D Printed and Vintage Series Putters

Still on the hunt to see one of these in the wild. Can't believe they haven't hit stores around here yet
almost seems like a big box exclusive.

Have struck out finding these aswell. Local shop and the big boxes don't have them...yet.

15 putts in league last night, which is a big improvement over Saturday. Greens are still recovering from punching so they're shaggy and the speed isn't always consistent, but I've been able to do what needed to be done to either score pretty well or win my match so far with the Supernova. Alignment is as easy as you'd expect from this shape and the roll is great. I don't hate the grip either, but will probably put a 1/4" extension in and toss a SS on it at some point. Fully enjoying the honeymoon phase with this one.

15 putts in league last night, which is a big improvement over Saturday. Greens are still recovering from punching so they're shaggy and the speed isn't always consistent, but I've been able to do what needed to be done to either score pretty well or win my match so far with the Supernova. Alignment is as easy as you'd expect from this shape and the roll is great. I don't hate the grip either, but will probably put a 1/4" extension in and toss a SS on it at some point. Fully enjoying the honeymoon phase with this one.

nice! I'm going to give the Nova a chance tomorrow night. Not that I haven't enjoyed the Agera, but I just want to try it on something more than my truline green.

nice! I'm going to give the Nova a chance tomorrow night. Not that I haven't enjoyed the Agera, but I just want to try it on something more than my truline green.

Should be an easy transition. Also, I haven't had to test the forgiveness aspect of it, but it's nice to know it's there. The stability is the biggest win for me and my jacked up putting issues right now.

Should be an easy transition. Also, I haven't had to test the forgiveness aspect of it, but it's nice to know it's there. The stability is the biggest win for me and my jacked up putting issues right now.

I've noticed that with the Agera. It's just so incredibly stable, much more so than the Vintage Nova. That part I have picked up just from indoor putting. So that SuperNova is going to be pretty damn good in that area.

I went to the local golf galaxy and to no ones surprise they had nothing.

Looks like the bigger GG about 35 minutes from me finally has some of these in stock today, but the smaller/regular size one closest to me does not.

Cobra was out last weekend for a demo day at my home course. They set up a display in the pro shop and while they didn't leave all of the putters I got to look at a few. I'm hoping I'll have my Supernova this week yet since I ordered it while they were here. Looked and felt good in hand, just didn't have the right length for me.

So I decided to take a leap of faith....

image2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg

I'll post initial impressions tonight, including thoughts comparing it to my current Spider X, and I'll be gaming this tomorrow afternoon.

Just got home from the range and Boom!!
20210609_184750.jpg20210609_184836.jpg20210609_184909.jpg

I went to the local golf galaxy and to no ones surprise they had nothing.
Might see one on your front porch soon.

I’m really surprised I haven’t gotten any word on my preorder and that it hasn’t shipped. I figured this would be in the bag for the summer events but fate might have other plans

Hit a few putts at golf galaxy! The vintage series feel great!

Looks good. Looking forward to how it works for you.

Thanks @JB !

So, here are some initial impressions/comparisons to my current Spider X:

- In the looks department, the Supernova looks very cool - I got used to the industrial/modern visuals very quickly and its easy on the eyes. Its very close in size to the Spider X - the head width seems identical (but the Supernova has a larger aluminum face across the head), and overall the Supernova is just a little bit longer/wider. It really does look like they took the Spider X head and cut out the middle/back - the black fins on the side of the back look very similar to the weights on the Spider X. If I had to choose one head style over the other, I'd probably still go with the Spider X, but it's like comparing a 94 to a 96. I am curious about glare in direct sunlight, as the Hydroblast finish on my Spider X produces zero glare.

- For weight, the Supernova is definitely heavier to me, but not decisively so. Kinda feels inbetween the Spider X and the Odyssey Two Ball Ten, although I bet the actual weight values don't back that up. In any event, for me it feels perfect to swing - really liking it so far.

- As far as alignment goes, although overall both putters are easy to align, I actually found a small flaw with my Supernova. In looking down at the Supernova I noticed that the small alignment line on the top of the front of the head looked...off. From all the pics I'd seen I thought it was white but it turns out mine is a silver, reflective color, and I can't tell if that's paint or the actual material. Either way, after looking more closely, I found that each end of the line is slightly flawed - the color starts to break down at the front end, and it seems to extend a touch too long on the back end. Not a big deal, but noticeable when looking up close - you might be able to tell based on my photos above. What concerned me a little more, however, is that because the color isn't white but reflective silver, it means shadows can creep across the alignment line, making it seem darker in some places when standing over it, especially if the sun/light is behind you. Since the alignment line is so short and the putter head design lends to a natural alignment anyway, it's definitely not a big deal, but the first time I noticed it, it was definitely distracting. Out of all the premium aspects of this putter, the alignment line is the one part that feels a little cheap.

- The Supernova headcover looks much cooler in person then in pictures but its a little too big - I'm guessing the same headcover comes with both the Supernova and the Agera, and if so its clearly designed to fit the Agera. Compared to the Spider X headcover, the Supernova one is slightly larger overall but also thicker, making it look even bigger. Not a fan of the velcro closure, but overall its a pretty nice headcover. I'm honestly not sure what options, if any, might exist as a replacement.

- I personally love the grip - from trying out a bunch of putters in stores, on putting greens and out on the course, I've found that I prefer grips larger then, say, the Odyssey White Hot OG putters but not as big as the jumbo ones on their Two Ball Ten models. Big fan of the Super Stroke grip, but this one really feels great to me as well. Unlike some others who have gotten these, my grip seems to be aligned perfectly, or at least so close I can't tell the difference.

- Really like the sound at contact, but I suspect it might not be for everyone (if you care enough about that sort of thing). I tried a Chrome Soft X LS, a Titleist Pro V1, and a 2019 Maxfli Tour (matte green) ball, and they all sounded identical to strikes with my Spider X - since I'm used to the sound by now, probably explains why I also enjoy this one.

- Finally, when it comes to feel and results, for me this putter is a dream to use. Others have mentioned the forgiveness and stability, and they are exactly right - this putter feels incredibly stable and the feel at impact is something I definitely prefer over the Spider X. I certainly wouldn't call it soft by any means, but (and I know this is going to sound strange) it definitely feels softer then the Spider X. As for forgiveness, although I can't really test that, I have rolled about 100 putts with it on my putting mat so far, and the results have been at worst equal to the Spider X, if not greater in most instances. It's hard to describe but from looking down at the ball, to the swing, and then to impact, I end up with this sense of confidence that the ball is going to go where I'm intending it to go. Very likely this is a result of the honeymoon phase, and we shall see what happens when it gets put to the test tomorrow in a real round, but it's so good I have zero qualms about replacing my Spider X with this. The roll seems fantastic, especially knowing the technology behind it.

Overall, I'm super impressed with this putter. I will check out an Agera sometime soon to see what that's like, but I suspect the Supernova is going to be a real winner for me. It's close enough in shape and size to the Spider X to not feel as if I'm using something completely different, yet it feels better to putt with. I do wish they had handled the small alignment line a little better, and the headcover is ginormous, but otherwise I really like this one. It certainly feels better and has produced better results then my time with the Two Ball Ten, so I know my feelings on the Supernova are not just because I've owned this for about 6 hours now:LOL:. I'll see if I can upload some pictures of the Spider X and the Supernova side-by-side, as well as pics from the round tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks @JB !

- In the looks department, the Supernova looks very cool - I got used to the industrial/modern visuals very quickly and its easy on the eyes. Its very close in size to the Spider X - the head width seems identical (but the Supernova has a larger milled face across the head), and overall the Supernova is just a little bit longer/wider. It really does look like they took the Spider X head and cut out the middle/back - the weights on the side of the back tips look very similar to those on the Spider X. If I had to choose one head style over the other, I'd probably still go with the Spider X, but it's like comparing a 94 to a 96. I am curious about glare in direct sunlight, as the Hydroblast finish on my Spider X produces zero glare.

- For weight, the Supernova is definitely heavier to me, but not decisively so. Kinda feels inbetween the Spider X and the Odyssey Two Ball Ten, although I bet the actual weight values don't back that up. In any event, for me it feels perfect to swing - really liking it so far.

- As far as alignment goes, although overall both putters are easy to align, I actually found a small flaw with my Supernova. In looking down at the Supernova I noticed that the small alignment line on the top of the front of the head looked...off. From all the pics I'd seen I thought it was white but it turns out mine is a silver, reflective color, and I can't tell if that's paint or the actual material. Either way, after looking more closely, I found that each end of the line is slightly flawed - the color starts to break down at the front end, and it seems to extend a touch too long on the back end. Not a big deal, but noticeable when looking up close - you might be able to tell based on my photos above. What concerned me a little more, however, is that because the color isn't white but reflective silver, it means shadows can creep across the alignment line, making it seem darker in some places when standing over it, especially if the sun/light is behind you. Since the alignment line is so short and the putter head design lends to a natural alignment anyway, it's definitely not a big deal, but the first time I noticed it, it was definitely distracting. Out of all the premium aspects of this putter, the alignment line is the one part that feels a little cheap.

- The Supernova headcover looks much cooler in person then in pictures but its a little too big - I'm guessing the same headcover comes with both the Supernova and the Agera, and if so its clearly designed to fit the Agera. Compared to the Spider X headcover, the Supernova one is slightly larger overall but also thicker, making it look even bigger. Not a fan of the velcro closure, but overall its a pretty nice headcover. I'm honestly not sure what options, if any, might exist as a replacement.

- I personally love the grip - from trying out a bunch of putters in stores, on putting greens and out on the course, I've found that I prefer grips larger then, say, the Odyssey White Hot OG putters but not as big as the jumbo ones on their Two Ball Ten models. Big fan of the Super Stroke grip, but this one really feels great to me as well. Unlike some others who have gotten these, my grip seems to be aligned perfectly, or at least so close I can't tell the difference.

- Really like the sound at contact, but I suspect it might not be for everyone (if you care enough about that sort of thing). I tried a Chrome Soft X LS, a Titleist Pro V1, and a 2019 Maxfli Tour (matte green) ball, and they all sounded identical to strikes with my Spider X - since I'm used to the sound by now, probably explains why I also enjoy this one.

- Finally, when it comes to feel and results, for me this putter is a dream to use. Others have mentioned the forgiveness and stability, and they are exactly right - this putter feels incredibly stable and the feel at impact is something I definitely prefer over the Spider X. I certainly wouldn't call it soft by any means, but (and I know this is going to sound strange) it definitely feels softer then the Spider X. As for forgiveness, although I can't really test that, I have rolled about 100 putts with it on my putting mat so far, and the results have been at worst equal to the Spider X, if not greater in most instances. It's hard to describe but from looking down at the ball, to the swing, and then to impact, I end up with this sense of confidence that the ball is going to go where I'm intending it to go. Very likely this is a result of the honeymoon phase, and we shall see what happens when it gets put to the test tomorrow in a real round, but it's so good I have zero qualms about replacing my Spider X with this. The roll seems fantastic, especially knowing the technology behind it.

Overall, I'm super impressed with this putter. I will check out an Agera sometime soon to see what that's like, but I suspect the Supernova is going to be a real winner for me. It's close enough in shape and size to the Spider X to not feel as if I'm using something completely different, yet it feels better to putt with. I do wish they had handled the small alignment line a little better, and the headcover is ginormous, but otherwise I really like this one. It certainly feels better and has produced better results then my time with the Two Ball Ten, so I know my feelings on the Supernova are not just because I've owned this for about 6 hours now:LOL:. I'll see if I can upload some pictures of the Spider X and the Supernova side-by-side, as well as pics from the round tomorrow.
Great write up. Thanks for sharing!!

I've noticed that with the Agera. It's just so incredibly stable, much more so than the Vintage Nova. That part I have picked up just from indoor putting. So that SuperNova is going to be pretty damn good in that area.

This is what has me interested in the Agera. Seems like the theory translates well into practice.

2522952D-C737-4D9E-B103-77AEC448435F.jpeg
Well I stopped in at the local golf shop on the way to men’s night and couldn’t resist even though I have been using a short slant spider for years and really do think it fits my putting stroke well. I had my spider x in my bag but left it in the truck for the round. Need to get used to the distance control but I putted very well for me and most everything was at least online. Really like the feel and alignment was good, still wish this was offered in the short slant but I am happy with my impulse purchase. I might change out the grip to something a bit smaller, does anyone know the weight these Cobra grips are with the arccos?

Thanks @JB !

- In the looks department, the Supernova looks very cool - I got used to the industrial/modern visuals very quickly and its easy on the eyes. Its very close in size to the Spider X - the head width seems identical (but the Supernova has a larger aluminum face across the head), and overall the Supernova is just a little bit longer/wider. It really does look like they took the Spider X head and cut out the middle/back - the black fins on the side of the back look very similar to the weights on the Spider X. If I had to choose one head style over the other, I'd probably still go with the Spider X, but it's like comparing a 94 to a 96. I am curious about glare in direct sunlight, as the Hydroblast finish on my Spider X produces zero glare.

That's a great write up, thanks for that. Now I'm even more excited for mine to arrive!

Back