Do you carry a ball retriever?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 13 10.9%

• Total voters
No if the ball wants to hide in the water, let it go. However our Marshals carry retrievers and we see them hawking balls instead of taking care of slow play. :mad:

never.

Nope. If I hit it somewhere I can't scoop it out with a wedge, eff it it's gone.

My wife really likes her old e6's... so I fish those out more than anything. We have a lot of stream crossings early in the course and she sometimes struggle with loft... and occasionally I'll get one of mine...

no, I want to play golf not go on a treasure hunt. if I find it and can reach it with my club then it's go time otherwise RIP. although I will admit one time I did ask a guy to borrow his ball retriever, I know it doesn't sound right and it didn't feel right either, never again!

Nah. If a ball wants to drown itself, I don't need or want it.

if somebody else didn't want that ball, why would I want it after it has been sitting out in the woods/water/junk for who knows how long?

If I can't reach my ball with a club I don't want it or deserve it back.

No.
If a ball is in the water, it wants to be there.

All you 7 iron ball retriever folks are really impressive. This is me trying to get my ball out of the water with a club.
1623349478541.gif

Not for years. I make myself earn the retrieval.

I carry a collapsible one but rarely use it to retrieve my own balls, mostly for my playing partners. I hit a ball in the water or a bad spot it is the ball's fault and it deserves to stay there!

It's right next to my iron covers...

only time i got for one is it i can get it with a 4 iron easily otherwise its met its resting spot with the fishes!!

All you 7 iron ball retriever folks are really impressive. This is me trying to get my ball out of the water with a club.
View attachment 9012454
As I typically carry my bag...carrying a ball retriever based on the assumption I shall dump a ball in the water, seems a tad negative minded. And I typically only carry 3 balls in bag with 2 in my pocket.....

As I typically carry my bag...carrying a ball retriever based on the assumption I shall dump a ball in the water, seems a tad negative minded. And I typically only carry 3 balls in bag with 2 in my pocket.....
I mean I probably only use it one in three rounds if that frequently, but let me introduce you to one back nine that made me thankful I carry such a device 😆
7940E377-BB37-49DE-8357-471052A55084.jpeg

I mean I probably only use it one in three rounds if that frequently, but let me introduce you to one back nine that made me thankful I carry such a device 😆
View attachment 9012467
Truth be told I average finding about 10 balls a round. Walking, many hit balls that go not far past tee box and don't bother to walk 50 feet to retrieve them. Also I know where people lose balls, short right. And as I meander to my ball often and have time to look around, balls just jump out at me. I'll only pick up and carry nice balls so folks that follow me will find balls on tee boxes and such often...

Nope. I usually play cheaper balls. And if I'm facing a water hazard, I'll normally switch to a shag ball first.:confused2:

If I can’t reach it with a wedge, it deserves to be lost and does not figure into my golf plans.

So what I’m learning is that if I put some in the water in Chicago, I need to hope I’m in your group @RealPretendPsychic

Back