Recent content by Browns7213

1. Browns7213

Is it just me?

0 since 1987. My 77 year old aunt has 9, my mother got her first last year at the age of 78. Not sure I will live long enough to ever get one.
  2. Browns7213

The Publix Sub Thread

Footlong 5 grain bread, extra mayo, Boar's Head turkey & provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, black pepper, oil and vinegar.
  3. Browns7213

Do you use different grips on woods vs irons?

No, but I do use different grips on my wedges. I have alignment grips on my clubs, but I found them distracting when opening up my wedges.
  4. Browns7213

Contest: Win a Shot Scope V3

Have you tried a data tracking device? Yes, really enjoy seeing my stats and where I'm gaining/losing strokes. What makes you want to try the awesome Shot Scope V3? I won't have to keep my damn phone in my front pocket any longer!
  5. Browns7213

Favorite Protein Powders?

I posted earlier in the thread about an independent lab test of commercially available protein powders and this one was the worst in the test. According to the report it only contained 43% of the listed protein content. I used to use this powder, because it was cheap, but realized I would need...
  6. Browns7213

Probably an old question about grips

Have you tried the Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2 G? That's also a very tacky soft grip, at least by GP standards, but should wear better than the DriTac.
  7. Browns7213

Easiest way to remove a Superstroke putter grip

It will work, just takes a lot more effort. I've used a hook blade to remove 3.0's and 5.0's, which are enormous grips.
  8. Browns7213

Do you brush your teeth before or after your morning coffee?

Depends. If I'm home I brush after, if I have an early tee time I brush and pick up coffee on the way.
  9. Browns7213

Easiest way to remove a Superstroke putter grip

Yes, most grips that are applied with tape & solvent are a bear to get off and save, almost all of them get mishapen in some way. To cut them off get a hook blade and run it up the front of the grip and just pull it apart.
  10. Browns7213

What cigar did you smoke today?

Blanco NINE Lancero.
  11. Browns7213

Your Favorite Pizza Place

I don't know if it's still in existence, but Armands in D.C. was my favorite pizza of all time. They specialized in deep dish, but it was not the greasy deep dish that Chicago, Pizza Hut and others make, it was more of a dry crust and it was heaven.
  12. Browns7213

Sand Greens

There is private community in Annapolis, MD that has a 9-hole course with sand greens. Played it a couple times and it's a totally different game. You need to lay up short of the green and let it bounce on to the sand to hold the green. The greens are tamped pretty solidly so putting is not as...
  13. Browns7213

Favorite Protein Powders?

Optum & Trutein. I read an independent report a while ago that analyzed the listed label contents on a number of commercial protein powders which showed Optum & Trutein to be closest to the listed labeled grams of protein. The WalMart brand Body Fortress had 43% of its labeled protein.
  14. Browns7213

Grip Tape Application: Spiral Wrap or Straight

think you might be right. I regripped a Ping wedge for a neighbor last summer and it was a spiral job.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in