Perkins Rooster
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• good too see some winnipegers on thp! Went to golf town and sold my self on a seemore. Just need to find a deal on one and were good. I'm only 15 but I play outof southwood.
    Still hobbling around with his boot and limping at night. he has to wear the boot for another week and a half. I hope his limp clears up after he takes the boot off. Thanks for asking, I really appreciate the thought. Did you see that there is a very nice set of 870's on ebay right now.
    Right on! I've never heard of Southside but have heard of all the other courses. I actually live right near meadows but I am a member at Elmhurst. It's just in the springfield area just outside the city up 59 Highway. Great place I've been a member there for 3 years now, and before that I was a member at Rossmere.
    Well with this weather we wont have to worry about indoor ranges anytime soon. Where do you play out of?
    Not to mention the price of the golf dome. If you are anywhere near Transcona try Golf Central.
    Sure, I can do that. I already know that I am standard length, lie, etc from a previous fitting so I just ordered the heads and they are going into a set of the KBS Tour's that I recently won. I chose the 979's based on the forgiveness and a few other attributes they had when reading about them on Wishon's website. They seem to get really good feedback.
    No, only got the 770CFE's off of ebay, got the whole set for $74... I was amazed! i actually traded a bunch of my clubs and putters for the other wishon heads on FGI. Are you a member there? if not, there is a lot of great info and people there as well.
    I love it. I'm still experimenting with the shaft though. I actually have 3 different 919 heads now, a older model 10.5, New white 9* and a new white 11*.

I just bought a 949MC 16.5 and 21 heads, a 915F/H 16* head. I also just won an auction for a set of 770CFE's 3-PW last week and they are like new! I also have a 5, 6, 7 870ti heads that i'm going to play around with...

I plan on putting shafts in all the heads and seeing what works best for me. I love all the wishon stuff, extremely well built and they perform like no other.
    I got them backwards. I am selling the regular JPX with graphite shafts and keeping the pros. I just wanted a little more of a players club and the forged feel. I like the feel of the JPX but they do hit the ball higher then the pros and I already hit it too high. Plus the shafts were just too light for me. Im going to put some KBS C tapers in my JPX pros.
    I assume you are referring to the Wishon 560mc irons. I really like the 560's. I like the look of the top line on the 560's. They are forgiving and feel great. I would recommend them very much. I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Wishon. I was torn between the 870ti and the 560mc. I'm sure I would have liked the 870's, but I'm glad I went with the 560's. If you want something that you can hit long and be very forgiving, I say get the 870. If you want something that looks good to the eye, is forgiving, and feels soft, get the 560mc. Wishon has won me over with his clubs. I don't even look at a different club maker now. I have a Wishon 919thi Driver, 949mc 3w, 785hf hybrids, 560mc 4-aw, and will be getting wedges and a smooth belly putter soon. Get you some 560mc's, you will not be sorry! Let me know if you have any questions or comments. Check out the Wishon forum, if you haven't already. Let me know if you get the 560's.
    Mark
    Hey Perkins: The Wishon 560's were my first custom set of irons. I'd only been golfing for about a year and was using a set of Nicklaus clubs I bought from Costco. I continued to use the 560s 5i to PW from 2006 til this year when I purchased the CG16s (I did add a Nike SQ Machspeed 4 iron during 2010). I played very well with the 560s and only switched because Cleveland sent me a 7-iron (play it forward) and I just loved the feel and also got almost a full club length distance gain. The W560s always felt nice and the TWTG Interflex graphite shafts were nice so the club felt very balanced in my hands and during the swing. Hope that answered your question. Jack
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back