Most Popular (Best Selling) Putter?

Last edited:
Has to be. I mean, I feel like everyone has had one at some point in time.
I think I've had over 10 different Anser shapes from various companies.

I'm not even counting the Anser II.

Reactions: Ooo
I think I've had over 10 different Anser shapes from various companies.

I'm not even counting the Anser II.
I've had 2 or 3, and I dont even use blade style putters.

I'm willing to bet $5 that the Anser is FAR and away the best selling putter of all time.
The actual Anser, or an Anser style?

Someone’s gotta have that answer, but I’ve heard that before
I asked AI, and got this answer...

The best-selling putter of all time is the Odyssey 2-Ball putter. It was first introduced in 2002 and has been a popular choice for golfers of all skill levels ever since.

Image of Odyssey 2Ball putter
Odyssey 2Ball putter

The 2-Ball putter features a unique two-ball design that is intended to help golfers with alignment. The two balls are positioned on either side of the putter head, and they are supposed to help golfers line up their putts more accurately. The putter also has a high moment of inertia (MOI), which means that it is resistant to twisting on off-center hits. This can help golfers make more putts, even if they don't hit the ball perfectly.

The Odyssey 2-Ball putter has been used by many professional golfers, including Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, and Keegan Bradley. It has also won numerous major championships, including the Masters Tournament, the US Open, and the PGA Championship.

While there is no definitive answer to the question of which putter is the "best," the Odyssey 2-Ball is certainly one of the most popular and successful putters of all time. If you are looking for a new putter, it is definitely worth considering.

Odyssey is also the #1 most used putter on Tour, I believe by a fairly wide margin, and many of the pros who use them are not contracted to do so.

Odyssey is also the #1 most used putter on Tour, I believe by a fairly wide margin, and many of the pros who use them are not contracted to do so.
And it's not even close to #2.

I read
I asked AI, and got this answer...

The best-selling putter of all time is the Odyssey 2-Ball putter. It was first introduced in 2002 and has been a popular choice for golfers of all skill levels ever since.

Image of Odyssey 2Ball putter
Odyssey 2Ball putter

The 2-Ball putter features a unique two-ball design that is intended to help golfers with alignment. The two balls are positioned on either side of the putter head, and they are supposed to help golfers line up their putts more accurately. The putter also has a high moment of inertia (MOI), which means that it is resistant to twisting on off-center hits. This can help golfers make more putts, even if they don't hit the ball perfectly.

The Odyssey 2-Ball putter has been used by many professional golfers, including Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, and Keegan Bradley. It has also won numerous major championships, including the Masters Tournament, the US Open, and the PGA Championship.

While there is no definitive answer to the question of which putter is the "best," the Odyssey 2-Ball is certainly one of the most popular and successful putters of all time. If you are looking for a new putter, it is definitely worth considering.
I heard the LAB fellow say on his CC interview that #1 is Odyssey 2 ball followed by the TM Spyder.

I read

I heard the LAB fellow say on his CC interview that #1 is Odyssey 2 ball followed by the TM Spyder.
I could see the spider or #7 being the second most sold.

I could see the spider or #7 being the second most sold.
Its not the Spider. It might be in a specific store or fitting center.

I don't work in retail, but I would be shocked if it wasn't Odyssey

Wonder if there is a way to actually find out?
The source is Golf Datatech. I edited the original post to include that information.

By a landslide.

A LANDSLIDE.

I see a lot more Scotty and Bettinardi putters than LAB.
I agree. There’s no doubt about it. I played Scotty forever. I have 6 Bettinardi putters (1 I keep going back to like an old girlfriend). The nice thing about the products from Bettinardi and LAB is that they can do so many customizations as it comes to lie angle, face angle, custom fitting, etc. As an example, I contact Taylormade, Ping, and Cobra about getting an armlock putter setup with my specs and they told me “no”. Couldn’t happen. I was able to get the specs just like I wanted from both Bettinardi and LAB (I am sure Scotty can do the same).

I was surprised by the response from Ping. I originally thought if anyone could make the changes it would have been them. Who knows, maybe it was just the rep I spoke with.

A couple weeks ago I went through the LAB fitting online. It was great. I liked their first putter so much I ordered another. Regardless, I agree that you don’t see them nearly as often. I remember when you could say the same thing about both Scotty and Bettinardi.

I'm willing to bet $5 that the Anser is FAR and away the best selling putter of all time.
I would take that bet. I believe Odyssey would be the best selling putter. Would be interesting to find out. You could be right, but I would expect best selling putter to come from a lower cost option.

I would take that bet. I believe Odyssey would be the best selling putter. Would be interesting to find out. You could be right, but I would expect best selling putter to come from a lower cost option.
I mean the Anser shape. Maybe not the Ping offering specifically.

I would also have to believe that the Odyssey Two Ball has to be the number one selling putter of all time. LAB is definitely making some noise these days. I was the Three Putt King until I got the LAB DF 2.1. It is hands down the number one investment in my bag. I'm well past the honeymoon phase and it's still awesome. The feel of the lie angle balance and zero torque makes me feel super confident over every putt, it's honestly been a game changer for me.

I tend to agree with others on this entire post about the Odyssey Two Ball. Look it up for yourself. Check Google. Look up YouTube. It's out there.

I'm not sure I would say it's a brand as much as I'd say it's a style. In that case, the huge variety of putters made to look like the original PING Anser would be what comes to mind. Pick almost any brand in the world and they have made that style of putter.

Right now, probably Odyssey #7. I’m guessing the Scotty Newport 2 is in the top 5 as well.

I'm not sure I would say it's a brand as much as I'd say it's a style. In that case, the huge variety of putters made to look like the original PING Anser would be what comes to mind. Pick almost any brand in the world and they have made that style of putter.
I think about 90% of the "boutique" putters are nothing more than gussied-up Ping Ansers.

Back