Cleveland Halo XL Hybrids and Hy-Wood Review

The Hy-Wood with the LINQ is pure fire. I was roasting this thing DEEP!
This is in play for the year possibly. Love the easy launch I am getting.

The Hy-Wood with the LINQ is pure fire. I was roasting this thing DEEP!
This is in play for the year possibly. Love the easy launch I am getting.
What's the LINQ offer for you? I've never used one. A bit more weight than the stock offering I assume?

What's the LINQ offer for you? I've never used one. A bit more weight than the stock offering I assume?
Its really twofold. First, its a bit stronger for me, so I can really go after it. When I did that before, I lost a little bit to the right. The second is the ball flight is a bit flatter for me, but still getting to peak.

Its really twofold. First, its a bit stronger for me, so I can really go after it. When I did that before, I lost a little bit to the right. The second is the ball flight is a bit flatter for me, but still getting to peak.
If I were to customize it would be hard for not to go Pro Force based on past experience.

You remember the old WS Fybrid bridge club that sat between the hybrids and fairways? I loved that thing. Does this remind you of that? Obviously 14 years of technology widens the gap in performance.

If I were to customize it would be hard for not to go Pro Force based on past experience.

You remember the old WS Fybrid bridge club that sat between the hybrids and fairways? I loved that thing. Does this remind you of that? Obviously 14 years of technology widens the gap in performance.
It does actually. I think when the first one came out, @ddec and I said the same thing.

Pro Force is the one I think I would give first go with this club

It does actually. I think when the first one came out, @ddec and I said the same thing.
I bet the Halo feels infinitely better at impact.

Very much so. And that Fybrid was ahead of its time.

I'm more than likely going to stick with the original 3+ that I currently have this season. I had good success with it when I had it in the bag previously.

I’m in a little bit of Hy-wood purgatory right now.

I am having issues hooking the OG. But I am not getting enough launch out of the new model 17* with the AV blue shaft.

I absolutely love the original 4H with the cyber shaft. And I am killing the model 5h with the hybrid AV Blue shaft.

But I can’t find any love with the Hy-wood.

As many know, I was an early adopter to the OG HyWood, in fact ordered one just to pull the head to build my own version of the club. That custom built HyWood has been a staple of my bag make up ever since building it in the Tech Studio. Now I have been reading the feedback in this thread and it makes me want to do it again, but I don't want to mess with perfection. Has anyone went from OG HyWood to this one? Would you make the switch again?

As many know, I was an early adopter to the OG HyWood, in fact ordered one just to pull the head to build my own version of the club. That custom built HyWood has been a staple of my bag make up ever since building it in the Tech Studio. Now I have been reading the feedback in this thread and it makes me want to do it again, but I don't want to mess with perfection. Has anyone went from OG HyWood to this one? Would you make the switch again?
I'm still have the original 3+. I will be playing that thisa season.

Got a new to me 4 wood being built up. Pending its performance, the 3+ will be getting a run next in that spot.

My very first hybrid and one of 2 I hit consistently fairly well.

1709917504695.png

Maybe I should give one of these another go.

As someone who has a bag full of 11 year old Cleveland Mashie's (M2-M5) it may be time to upgrade to the new Halo XL's.

As someone who has a bag full of 11 year old Cleveland Mashie's (M2-M5) it may be time to upgrade to the new Halo XL's.
This is a comparison I'm curious to read about. Let us know how it goes if you do.

This is a comparison I'm curious to read about. Let us know how it goes if you do.
I just ordered the 6 hybrid direct from Dunlop Sports and should be here in a few weeks. I’ll give an update after some range time with it. I want to ditch the 6i so I’m pretty pumped. The Mashie hybrids still hit excellent so we will see.

Was traveling for work a stopped into a shop and saw these in hand. They look nicely refined. Wished I was in a position to hit them some.

Well, I received the hybrid finally. I played one round with it when it was needed. No any range time yet. I hit it approximately 4-5 time in our round. I won't give any final thoughts yet as i want to take it to the range for a bit butI can tell you the weight is different than my Mashie's as in heavier. Every shot I have hit with it to date has been a low stinger thats starts low and climbs to a mid flight with a distance of 170 or so. My 27 year old son hit it and the ball flight was just as it should be, high and around 175. The club design is very appealing to the eye. Hopefully I figure it out with a little range time with it. If I can't, its off to eBay.

Well, I received the hybrid finally. I played one round with it when it was needed. No any range time yet. I hit it approximately 4-5 time in our round. I won't give any final thoughts yet as i want to take it to the range for a bit butI can tell you the weight is different than my Mashie's as in heavier. Every shot I have hit with it to date has been a low stinger thats starts low and climbs to a mid flight with a distance of 170 or so. My 27 year old son hit it and the ball flight was just as it should be, high and around 175. The club design is very appealing to the eye. Hopefully I figure it out with a little range time with it. If I can't, its off to eBay.
So, basically just looking for a little more height out it? That's definitely understandable, especially in that slot. Hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Any additional hywood feedback out there? The fairway wood was a bit of an adventure today….

Back