Cobra KING SPEEDZONE and SPEEDZONE XTREME Drivers

OMFG the milling is sick great photos @JB

that thing is going to turn some heads if nothing else.

I will take a moment to note that I enjoyed @Canadan's Tech Talk discussion with Cobra about the Infinity face. Design is one thing but how control over production of parts contributes to the final product is really cool. I don't see a lot of Cobra around here. Too bad. They are clearly developing great clubs with excellent price points.

And the Black Helium finally comes out for the rest of us!

Yes, yes it will......and its awesome

Going to be honest....if they didn't have the black and white option I probably wouldn't buy it. But im stoked to see that offering because I LOVE my F9 and it looks killer too. I just cant get on the yellow train.....its to much.

With that said I have already sent a text when its released its going in my bag

@JB or @Canadan does the adapter for the F8 & F9 work on Speedzone?

Last edited:
Hope you enjoyed my description of the colors in that article.
Some people just like slow, it can't be helped. ?

So what does everyone think of the infinity symbol on the face?

I like it. I think it looks cool.
The matte crown driver is calling my name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't spend much time in those areas, but I have to think there would be. Any time you create a seam that needs to be connected, you're opening the door to reduced potential for ball speed. That said, Range Days didn't see much variation although I don't know that we ever got out to those areas.

The reality is, just like the drivers without cup face, at some point, that potential for big numbers goes down. In this case, you'd basically have to hit it on the weight port to get that reduction, I'm guessing. It's increased potential (from my armchair pondering).

There was definitely some chatter on the intrawebs about the F9 having some problems with misses high on the face so you are definitely not alone on that thought. I too was thinking about that when I saw the full cup face and that they were probably trying to address the only thing they missed on with that club. If this one fixes that problem it's probably got a really good chance to be the #1 driver on the market in 2020.

This thing looks amazing and I could play either color depending on what shaft I got fit with. That infinity face looks sick!

My question is, Will Club Champion have them for fitting purposes next week? I have my fitting scheduled and would hate to miss out on this as a possibility.

I want to see this one in person. I feel like the milled portion of the face that merges with the crown could be distracting. But, for those players with a steep swing, this might minimize the damage from pop ups.

I wish they weren’t so obnoxiously colored too.

My question is, Will Club Champion have them for fitting purposes next week? I have my fitting scheduled and would hate to miss out on this as a possibility.

Possibly, doubtful. I would call first, because there is a chance with pre-sale not too much in the distant future.

Possibly, doubtful. I would call first, because there is a chance with pre-sale not too much in the distant future.
When is pre-sale?

The timing of info release and club release date is very similar to F9 so I would highly doubt they have them next week. F9 detail came out around the same time as last year and my Club Champion did not have them in store to hit until mid-January (close to release date).

The Speedzone driver looks absolutely fantastic, and I'm sure Cobra nailed the sound again. Can't wait to have some more time today to dig into JB's articles on the entire lineup.

Wow that looks awesome. Bet Dufner will be hitting Bombs with that!

One other item I will note, I love that they stuck to the $450 price point for these drivers. Similar to F9, they should sell a boatload of these at that price.

Ya knew it was coming! ?

Actually, you know what, I’m still Team Avalanche.

Back