Search results for query: *

1. Maric

Have you ever "worked" a PGA Tour Event?

Myrtle Beach will be hosting a PGA Tour event in May. I've volunteered and will be getting my assignment sometime next month. Have any of you worked such an event? What were your good/bad experiences?
  2. Maric

Golf terms I need to know

Still relatively new to the game and know most of the basic terminology, but there are still terms and phrases that puzzle me. What golf terms, phrases, memes, or THP phrases do I need to know. P.S. I know the swear words already.
  3. Maric

Need new prescription golf sunglasses

My eye prescription has changed so I need new prescription golf sunglasses. My daily glasses have progressive lens, but I heard that for golf only sunglasses I should only get the distance prescription put in, not the reading prescription. Thoughts? Also suggestions on brands. I currently...
  4. Maric

Show off your Holiday decor

It's that time of year. Show off your holiday decorations.
  5. Maric

Grip confusion

I need to get new grips on my wedges. I went to PGASS and got totally confused by the selection available. What do I need to look for in a grip? How do I decide what size I need?
  6. Maric

Holiday Cheer SeeMore Putter - first impressions

It’s turned cold and windy here so I thought I would take this time to give you my first impressions on the SeeMore putter that I won during Holiday Cheer. I had been looking at SeeMore putters prior to being lucky enough to win one during Holiday Cheer. I had gone out to a local golf store...
  7. Maric

Other than Christmas Tree Cakes - what's your favorite holiday treat.

I know Christmas Tree Cakes makes it to the top of many people's lists, but is there another holiday treat near the top of the list? My brother makes the best Chex Mix. Rice, corn and wheat Chex mix, cashews, peanuts and his secret spices. Crunchy, salty and spicy how can you go wrong.
  8. Maric

Golf Stores

Living here in the "golf capital of the US" I am so disappointed in the golf stores here. We have a Golf Galaxy/Dick's and a PGA Superstore and a couple of local discount stores. There's even a store dedicated to women (although the are heavily invested in the most boring clothes available)...
  9. Maric

RIP Michael Collins-Apollo 11 Astronaut

The courage of these astronauts is beyond my imagination.
  10. Maric

Replace Irons with Hybrids?

I've never really felt comfortable with my irons. One the range the other day a friend loaned me her 8h just to check out. Saw immediate improvement in disbursement vs. my 8i, So I wonder if I should swap out my irons for hybrids?
  11. Maric

Favorite cold weather comfort food

Cold weather means it's time for Chicken and Rice Casserole
  12. Maric

Happy Holidays to the THP Forum

No matter what you celebrate at this time of year I wish you happiness and joy and a safe and sane New Year.
  13. Maric

Big Bertha Reva Driver and 4H review

Callaway used their remarkable engineering skills and designed some clubs just for women? I have an Epic Flash Driver, 3 wood and an Epic Flash Heavenwood. These clubs have been game changers for me so naturally I had to check the Reva out. So off to the PGASS I went. They didn’t have a...
  14. Maric

Favorite edible Christmas treat

We know that Snickerdog anxiously awaits Christmas Trees, but do you have a treat that only comes out once a year? Mine is a special 4 year aged cheddar cheese that they only release during the winter months.
  15. Maric

Favorite foods they no longer make

Stouffer's used to make a great boil in bag creamed chicken. Heat it up pour it over Pepperridge Farm Puff Pastry Shells - Ambrosia on a cold night. Nutty Wheat Thins - thin slivers of almonds on a wheat thins great with sharp cheddar
  16. Maric

Coke vs Pepsi

Pepsi lover and yes, I can taste the difference.
  17. Maric

A chance to play some of Myrtle Beach's finest private courses

Now this would be a great golf trip https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/experience-private-clubs-in-myrtle-beach-south-carolina-2058300?fbclid=IwAR2Cs9eC0GTIKbyTvJutE6-pVg-x1b9Gd0G4vFPrICDg-lgk_HSjRPUkk8w About the charity https://projectgolf.org/
  18. Maric

Fun Facts

I ran across this map showing Land Use in the US - this is why I live in South Carolina
  19. Maric

Which chocolate do you prefer?

Love dark chocolate
  20. Maric

What's the best favor anyone ever did for you?

When I was buying my first home my SIL and BIL gave me a small loan for my down payment. It made all the difference in the world. Yes, I paid them back with interest. It really set me on the road to financial security.
Back