Search results for query: *

1. C

How Hot Is Too Hot For You Not To Play Golf

I live in Chicago now burbs. I normally tee off at 6am, done with 18 no later than 9am. Cooler then and still have the rest of the day for home projects. League starts at 9 on Thursday, try to pace myself and park in the shade. Long rounds on occasion. Regardless, I won't play when it's over 102...
  2. C

Adjusting Loft On Cast Irons Risky Business or Not?

depends on the club. Most clubs cast or forged can be adjusted for loft/lie for 2*, All clubs are subject to breaking. That's a standard disclaimer from most clubbuilders. I've snapped 2 in 20 years and they were mine. the following is a link from Golfworks that gives some good info...
  3. C

Tipping a Ventus shaft

Max tip trim is 3.5". If it came out of a 3w, it had a parallel tip length of 5". Standard tip trim is .5" for graduating woods. I would think if you tipped the shaft to r flex, you would only see that at the butt end. The tip would be pretty frickin stiff. Might email xcaliber, for suggestions...
  4. C

Do you match your driver shaft with fairway woods?

I play same shafts in Driver and fairway woods. Play the same shafts (different from woods) in my hybrids. Irons and wedges are the same shaft also (found it helpful when I hit full shots with wedges). I also MOI match driver and fairway woods to each other, MOI match the hybrids 3-5 to each...
  5. C

Post Your Workspace - Club Building

This is mine in a few stages. I've got a 12 x 12 shed with heat (cold in N. Illinois). Mostly dedicated to golf. Horizontal space is always at a premium, so I use the overhead for shafts and clubs for sale/repair and various shelfs for Freq Analyzer, MOI, Swingweight scale, etc. (mostly...
  6. C

Club Conex - Yay or Nay?

shipping to/from China is going to take some time due to the Covid-19 issue. I would think if they would provide specs you could do it in your shop or take them to a machinist. Just a thought... I think whatever process you take, the forum would benefit from your feedback. Good luck
  7. C

Swing Weight Scale Recommendations?

pick up a used one from ebay, then do this: http://www.tutelman.com/golf/measure/digitalModSwingweightScale.php I still use mine occasionally and it's as accurate as my Golfmechanix Auditor
  8. C

Club Builders: Favorite Epoxy?

Golfworks Tour Set in warm months and Maximum Strength in winter with heat box (set at roughly 120* F for 12 hrs) it gets cold in my shop - N. Illinois. Never a failure since 2002 when the head flew off a callaway fairway wood - my first bore-thru! Glad it was my son's;-)
  9. C

Club Conex - Yay or Nay?

I use fuse-fit exclusively, total weight is about 10.5 grams. If True Spec is milling that weight out of the head, that's a LOT of weight. I would thing that would change the characteristics of the head. Sounds like a typical I do it better than the other guy. Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL)...
  10. C

Club Conex - Yay or Nay?

I've used Club Conex for quite some time. A new system out there is manufactured in China http://www.hnmgolf.com/ Russ Ryden did a youtube video with them a few weeks back. Sounds like a good product.
  11. C

Have you ever used a caddy?

I've used a caddie at The Wynn, Silverleaf, and Whisper Rock (guest). I found it very helpful when it came to reading the greens. Also, let them know where you're from and what your "REAL" yardages are. I think it was well worth the tip since I had not played the courses before. I guesstimate on...
  12. C

Purchasing Grips

I agree with most. eBay okay from reputable seller (US based). I normally do Golfworks or direct from Lamkin Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
  13. C

NEWS True Temper Binary Shafts + Contest

Similar question as some of previous...what difficulties would be presented due to shaft weight when it comes to MOI Matching a set of irons?
  14. C

Fujikura Pro 2.0 5 comparison

this has to do with the Maltby Playability Factor. It will put you in the ballpark in regards to selecting a shaft. the link to the selector is: https://www.golfworks.com/mpf-shaft-worksheet/a/496/ the shaft you had a preference had a MPF of 3B1M 3 has to do with Swing Speed (77-92mph) B has to...
  15. C

do a search on the golfworks website. use search term 3B1M. this should pull up several "close" shafts that you may be able to try at CC. Good Luck
  16. C

What flex? If S flex, grafallloy prolite 35 might be an option Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk
  17. C

Most expensive round of golf

$500 plus $100 caddie at the Wynn a few years back. Followed up as a guest at Whisper Rock in Scottsdale at no cost! Would do it all again in a heart beat. Heard the Wynn has opened up again...
Back