10 Years of THP Golf: Golf Unfiltered #145

I listened to it this afternoon, interesting stuff!

What I take away from it is that if we send a pm to @JB after this year's Morgan cup saying it wasn't as good as in the past, we might get another one :alien:

I listened to it this afternoon, interesting stuff!

What I take away from it is that if we send a pm to @JB after this year's Morgan cup saying it wasn't as good as in the past, we might get another one :alien:
LOL, good one!

Good listen. Made the hour drive home from work in white death enjoyable. Thanks for the insight into some of the behind the scenes stuff and for all of the work you and everyone else puts into making this place great.

I listened on my way home, it was certainly fun to hear. I will say that Ive heard much of it before, but that comes with working and traveling with Josh for the last 4 years. His passion and drive are what make this place go, and can make him a pain in the a$$ at times, hence why he talks about his forum persona. But its true, and even thinking about what he talked about what we accomplished at the PGA show last year, just a couple of weeks after in the middle of February there was JB, James, and myself on a call for over an hour dissecting what went well, what we missed, and how to improve on 2018. Sadly two thirds of that call won't be there. But this podcast gave a little insight to that side of him that we know. Sure there are ups and downs, but the band plays on and works to get better.

In many ways listening to this podcast made me look back at all my times here at THP. Its been a ride filled with highs and lows, excitement and disappointment, but at the end of the day, its been worth it.

I can honestly say without a shadow of a doubt that we have been on the entire opposite end of the spectrum, but part of that is I believe how we have represented ourselves in person from day one. Every reviewer knows we only ask for the truth and tact and every forum review we have done we have told people to be 100% honest.

Im sorry that others have had different experiences however.
Yep, all I've ever been told is to be honest, nothing more, nothing less.

I listened on my way home, it was certainly fun to hear. I will say that Ive heard much of it before, but that comes with working and traveling with Josh for the last 4 years. His passion and drive are what make this place go, and can make him a pain in the a$$ at times, hence why he talks about his forum persona. But its true, and even thinking about what he talked about what we accomplished at the PGA show last year, just a couple of weeks after in the middle of February there was JB, James, and myself on a call for over an hour dissecting what went well, what we missed, and how to improve on 2018. Sadly two thirds of that call won't be there. But this podcast gave a little insight to that side of him that we know. Sure there are ups and downs, but the band plays on and works to get better.

In many ways listening to this podcast made me look back at all my times here at THP. Its been a ride filled with highs and lows, excitement and disappointment, but at the end of the day, its been worth it.

Agreed. I listened on the way home and found myself chuckling a few times thinking about the past. And it reminded me of that bastard VectorX hahaha

I'm honestly sad we are missing the show, it's not hit me until this week really, lots of work made last year special and I know Vrska is going to kill it this year.

Very good listen. Every time I hear about things from years ago I wish I would have found this site sooner. Joining in 2017 was one of the best golf and life choices I’ve ever made. So many new friendships have been hatched in the small time I’ve been here. Can’t wait for the next 10 years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened to it on the way home from work today. Adam asked some great questions and JB held nothing back.

JB mentioned Boston as his 1 of two best food cities. I was there this past September and had the best claim chowder ever at the Union Oyster Bar. I have never been to Chicago, but it’s on the list of places to come visit.

JB and Morgan are good people and I’m happy to have met them.

Than you SDN. Thank you everybody that listened. It was fun to take a trip down memory lane and talk about THP and what part of the past makes it stronger and what part of the future we are excited about.

Just sat and listened to the podcast, it was very enlightening and I now have a different understanding of things from your perspective.

Thank you and Miss Morgan for what you do, I have said before how THP is many times my connection back home when traveling for work and it is hard to explain how much that means when you are sitting (usually in a hotel bar) with people around that do not speak the same language.

Started it this morning and should be able to finish it later after work. So far awesome and great info/backstory what has become an amazing place to come and hang out with other golf nerds like me haha

Just listened to this.

It's inspiring to hear the honesty and about the effort that goes into making this real.

Stuff doesn't just happen it takes passion and commitment.

10 years is an awesome achievement.

Here's hoping it's the first 10 of many more.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Fantastic listen. Adam and JB are a great pairing, very good back and forth and easy conversation. Tons of great info on there about the THP history that I didn't know about, very cool. Had no idea JB was close to walking away 3 times, but I can certainly understand it. I know all of us are glad he decided not to and are thankful to those who helped talk him out of it. 10 Years is a big deal and definitely deserves to be celebrated. The events that have been announced are already showing how special this year is going to be. I'm happy to be a part of this place.

Also, very cool how Sean Toulon was one of the first ones to encourage JB and support THP, and now almost 10 years later he is one of the hosts of one of this year's amazing events. Sean is the man.

This was really a good listen. Every time I hear, or learn more, about the history of this place it makes me grateful that it exists and happy that I'm able to spend time here.

I really enjoyed the part when you could hear JB get emotional over the emotion that THPers experience in a lot of the events. I still don't feel like I've fully processed what I went through back in December yet, but I know that it's definitely lead to some new friendships and changed my golf life forever.

And for the opportunity to have those types of experiences (repeatedly in many cases) I'm incredibly thankful. This place is special.

Great show! With the amount of time I've spent on THP it's always nice to get a small peek behind the curtain. 10 years of a great community, great events, and more free sh*t for golfers than can even be counted is truly remarkable and it's clear that the passion and hard work of JB and Morgan is what keeps the freight train rolling.

JB has always said on this forum that "THP is whatever you want it to be" and I think as life changes and ebbs and flows that's my favorite part about it. I can come here to talk golf with strangers, talk life with friends (thanks to events), or sign up for an Event where I will meet more friends and undoubtedly come home with a king's ransom of gear and swag - it's a trifecta of awesome.

I finally got to listen this morning here at work. (the boss is not in this morning)
It was funny to listen how the tour van came about and how things got started and have grown. You can hear the passion that JB had for everything involved in running the site and making sure everything goes smoothly.
There are a lot of things, big and small that go on behind the scenes that we don't ever get to here about. It is those things that make THP click and move forward. I got to experience one of those small things once and it is truly amazing what a few words from JB can do for a person and how they can make you feel. It is very humbling and very much appreciated, more than words can ever explain.
I am so glad to be along for the ride.
Thank you JB and Morgan for all that you do, you are both amazing.

Great show guys.

Love hearing JB’s passion. I really loved the part talking about how emotional people got. I wouldn’t say I’ve been emotional before but I’ve certainly felt overcome being selected to events before. Especially Shaft Up.

I can honestly say I’ve met some great friends from the events that I chat with on a daily basis. I mean the ShaftUp guys have a GroupMe with Danny Le and we chat everyday. Mostly about golf but some about life too. You can’t get that stuff anywhere else. I just love the people and THP gives us a platform to meet people we otherwise would never have the opportunity to meet.

I also loved hearing how much JB likes the Ryder Cup style team events. I agree, love them. Some awesome fun I’ve had competing at THP events.

Just so much awesome that goes on here. Thanks for bringing it to us. F the haters, JB. Do your thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great show guys.

Love hearing JB’s passion. I really loved the part talking about how emotional people got. I wouldn’t say I’ve been emotional before but I’ve certainly felt overcome being selected to events before. Especially Shaft Up.

I can honestly say I’ve met some great friends from the events that I chat with on a daily basis. I mean the ShaftUp guys have a GroupMe with Danny Le and we chat everyday. Mostly about golf but some about life too. You can’t get that stuff anywhere else. I just love the people and THP gives us a platform to meet people we otherwise would never have the opportunity to meet.

I also loved hearing how much JB likes the Ryder Cup style team events. I agree, love them. Some awesome fun I’ve had competing at THP events.

Just so much awesome that goes on here. Thanks for bringing it to us. F the haters, JB. Do your thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I literally jumped out of my chair like I was on fire when I found out I got into ShaftUp. it exceeded all my expectations and the friendships that have come from both events are special. Couldn't agree more with you brother!

I just found more old ones. Always yellow.

4358b4158075aae4257b1fe8f5eb01ca.jpg

I was able to listen to the podcast this morning. I say this not to just say it but this podcast was by far the best one I have listened too. It was fun. It was emotional. It was from the heart and it just hit me.

10 years is an amazing accomplishment and I am so great full to have been here for a few years and experience all the great things that THP has to offer. I can't wait to see what JB and Morgan have in store for everyone this year and for years to come.

Thank you guys so much. Totally not necessary and I certainly didnt do the podcast for praise in anyway. Just me being unfiltered (no pun intended) and transparent as we always try to do.

It has been a while since I have had a chance to just kick back and relax to one of the podcasts, and really enjoyed it this morning.

The honesty was great, thanks for sharing that JB.

Just listened to this in my new chair and it was a great listen. I haven't gotten to near as many events as I would like, but I can always say I was at the very first one! Morgan and Josh welcoming all of these strangers into their home was incredible, and I am the last one of that group. The podcast was very informative and enlightening.

THP Media has come a long way and done many groundbreaking things. Glad to have been around for almost all of it,

It has been a while since I have had a chance to just kick back and relax to one of the podcasts, and really enjoyed it this morning.

The honesty was great, thanks for sharing that JB.

Can I get my money back for the 2015 #TheKing Event and 2017 Regional Rivalry Nor Cal v So Cal? My teams lost both times and we should have won

Can I get my money back for the 2015 #TheKing Event and 2017 Regional Rivalry Nor Cal v So Cal? My teams lost both times and we should have won

Maybe it's you? Only if you agree to use it for lessons? :D

Back