2011 Bridgestone E6 Review

I'm glad this thread bubbled to the top again. I last played the e6 earlier in the summer at Bandon thinking it would serve me well in the wind. It did. And it was much longer off the tee than alternatives. Plus, an added bonus is that its rollout characterstics at the green are well suited for links golf. Anyway, I think I may come back to the e6 for a bit - my iron play has regressed so it isn't like I'm firing at the pin with regularity anyway, the weather is about to get colder and I've got another Bandon trip happening in January. The Hex Black (my regular) is a great all around ball but the e6 may be the better ball for me right now. I'm thinking yellow.

Last edited:
What is with the sound of the E6 on irons. Its a thumph sound instead a thwack or clack sound of a tour ball. Anyone else notice this? Kinda seems like you cant get any feedback for lack of better words cause it sounds funny and feels like you took a practice swing with a divot.

What is with the sound of the E6 on irons. Its a thumph sound instead a thwack or clack sound of a tour ball. Anyone else notice this? Kinda seems like you cant get any feedback for lack of better words cause it sounds funny and feels like you took a practice swing with a divot.

It's a lower compression ball I think so it does have a softer feel to it. As with all things to do with feel, golfers tend to differ on what they prefer and it's a very individual thing.

I've played softer balls, but yes, it's low compression and should feel softer than a Tour ball. Still pretty easy to know where I hit the club face though.

I think the E6 will be my ball of choice as the weather cools down. Love the one I played earlier this week.

At any given time there is at least one sleeve of e6 and one sleeve of e5s in the bag. I am a fan of both of them, the e series simply can not be beat when looking at price and performance.

When do you pull one ball out of the quiver versus the other?

When do you pull one ball out of the quiver versus the other?

No, just his opponents quiver knowing their hard earned cash money is heading into Ryan's wallet.

In fact, I like the way this ball feels off of the putter more than the E5 and that really surprised me.

I'm glad someone else had this experience as well. My putting has improved more than any other part of my game with this ball. I thought it was just in my head.

I find it interesting that I'm always drawn back to this ball.

I don't even really know if it's the side-spin reducing qualities either. I just always seem to play something else for awhile and eventually end up gravitating back to it. The very interesting part of that (to me) is it's the first and only ball I've ever been fit for. It was over two years ago when I went to a fitting to see the if the e5 I told myself I should be playing was the right ball for me and the results showed me the e6 was better and it wasn't even close.

Just a good mix of good ballflight and a soft feel that I seem to like in a golf ball. Since putting it back in the bag I haven't noticed any negative effect on my short game either. I can't spin the hell out of it like a Z-Star or Hex Black on pitch shots, but I can stop it in a way that gets me the where I want to be. I thought playing something cheaper than the premiums would have me less concerned when I lost one in the fall leaves, but I'm finding myself very unhappy losing these balls right now.

If I could change one thing it would be the alignment aid. It's really lacking compared to other balls I play, including other Bridgestone offerings. The arrow is a neat idea, but I want something with a straight line when I'm setting up my putts. Small complaint.

I'll be curious to see how much I continue to enjoy these balls if our greens every firm up. At this point, they are pretty soft and I've been seeing some great performance into the green. Yesterday was mostly hop and stop within 5-10 feet on full shots, which is more than acceptable. I haven't seen many negatives in my short game either. Did have a bunker shot roll out a little more than I hoped, but I'm not good enough to whine about that. Out of the bunker and putting = success in my book.

Have you played the B330 RX and compared it to the E6? I was fitted a couple of years ago by Bridgestone (dynamic fitting) for the E6, but recently their B-Fit online tool recommended the B330 RX. I like both balls, but am not yet sure which is really best for me.

Sure have, vman. The RX is urethane, so it spins more around the green. Both seem comparably long off the tee from what I can tell. I've seen numbers and on-course examples of less side spin with the e6. It's a trade-off in that department it seems. RX is a very good ball too.

Have you played the B330 RX and compared it to the E6? I was fitted a couple of years ago by Bridgestone (dynamic fitting) for the E6, but recently their B-Fit online tool recommended the B330 RX. I like both balls, but am not yet sure which is really best for me.

These are my 2 primary choices when I go out and play. If the greens are hard, I always choose the 330RX. The greenside spin and spin on irons really helps on hard greens. The E6 usually bounces over the green and really runs out on firm and fast greens.

The E6 goes farther for me (about 5-10 yards), and I seem to find more fairways too. I think the anti-side spin helps, but it could be me buying into marketing too.

Sure have, vman. The RX is urethane, so it spins more around the green. Both seem comparably long off the tee from what I can tell. I've seen numbers and on-course examples of less side spin with the e6. It's a trade-off in that department it seems. RX is a very good ball too.

These are my 2 primary choices when I go out and play. If the greens are hard, I always choose the 330RX. The greenside spin and spin on irons really helps on hard greens. The E6 usually bounces over the green and really runs out on firm and fast greens.

The E6 goes farther for me (about 5-10 yards), and I seem to find more fairways too. I think the anti-side spin helps, but it could be me buying into marketing too.

This was very helpful, guys. I do like both balls, and I think that playing them both under different playing conditions makes perfectly good sense. Thanks.

No problem. I've seen some of the same things ddxu mentioned when things get extremely firm here as well. Balls bouncing 5 feet in the air and off the green. For the most part, that's the exception for me. Trajectory usually is enough for me to keep them on the green unless conditions are extreme.

No problem. I've seen some of the same things ddxu mentioned when things get extremely firm here as well. Balls bouncing 5 feet in the air and off the green. For the most part, that's the exception for me. Trajectory usually is enough for me to keep them on the green unless conditions are extreme.

That being said, the E6 is a great ball for scrambles and charity events.

I find this as well. When greens are firm, they e6 doesn't hold the green well enough. I also get about 10 more yards from the e6 compared to the RX.

Another aspect I do enjoy about this ball is that it's durable. Seems like a no-brainer due to the harder cover, but my experience with another similar ball showed me that wasn't always the case.

I'll reiterate that we've had some pretty soft conditions around here, but I'm finding the e6 to work very well with full shots into the green at the moment. Pleasantly suprised at distance as well, which is usually hampered a little by the softer conditions, since I rely on some roll out.

I think I am going back to this ball as well - it was a little shorter than the Velocity for me, but I seem to putt and chip better with this ball. It doesn't have great bite, but more than the Velocity.

Played this ball for the entire round today and each time I play it I remember how much I like it off the tee and with mid irons. Just such a great golf ball for my tee game.

Played this ball for the entire round today and each time I play it I remember how much I like it off the tee and with mid irons. Just such a great golf ball for my tee game.

that's cool, what made you put the RX down for this round?

Back