2012 Adams Speedline Tech Driver

FrankA

Catch ya on the flip side
Reaction score
I saw this in Golf Digest this month and there are some details available on the net. It sounds like it will be out in July and be paired with a Matrix shaft. Adams equipment always gets me excited for some reason. Here are the Golf digest pics, hopefully more will be added soon.

621a0072-916e-3389.jpg

621a0072-90da-e14c.jpg

Yes, Yes, yes. Let's see if it can kick the F12 from the bag, which has been a 260 yd fairway finder lately. But it appears to possibly be black on black - if it hits just as well, sign me up.

Honest question. Does anybody release more clubs than Adams right now?

Honest answer. Heck no I don't think its even close.

Part of why I thought it was fitting Taylormade acquired them. I will say though, the recent stuff has caught my eye and I have sipped the kool-aid.

They just can't stir up enough buzz to make people wait so it seems like they throw everything they can against the wall to see if any of it will stick.

Honest answer. Heck no I don't think its even close.

Part of why I thought it was fitting Taylormade acquired them. I will say though, the recent stuff has caught my eye and I have sipped the kool-aid.

I thought the same thing, but the ironic part is that TaylorMade has slowed down with the huge success of R11 in my opinion.

I thought the same thing, but the ironic part is that TaylorMade has slowed down with the huge success of R11 in my opinion.

I agree, its actually been a nice change of pace to see.

I wish Adams would find their niche and thrive in it, they've tried to shake the "old guy club" stigma and have to an extent but now I don't even know what the crap their niche is anymore.

Some really good clubs coming form them too, its so strange.

They just can't stir up enough buzz to make people wait so it seems like they throw everything they can against the wall to see if any of it will stick.

This seems to be true. Despite the buzz that was created around many of their recent products, none of them seem to stay near the top of these boards...

The good thing is you can find their stuff cheap in a few months. Isn't this like the third or forth driver in the past year? They must have some dev team there to be pumping all these clubs out. Think this takes the heat off TM and their releases...

Maybe it's because I'm from DFW and have worked directly with their customer service department in their office a couple times. Adams is the most stand up company I've ever worked with as far as warranty and quality is concerned. If their product breaks, they fix it no questions asked. Not to mention I hit the F11 longer than all of 2010's offerings and the F12 just built on that success for me. I've played the A7 irons since they came out (had them 3 or 4 years now) and my scoring irons still have plenty of groove, feel great, and play so well. I do feel as if they drop clubs left and right and from my standpoint it kinda gets old because I love their equipment and I'm trying to keep up but I don't feel as if I should have to drop a car payment once every 6 months to get their latest offering.

I'm more than impressed with my F12 after taking 1.5 inches from it, and this may be a club I look into but I think I'd rather save the $$$ and put it towards the CB or A12 pros in a few months when closeout prices come down.

The what pic's? Hehe

Honestly, one of the main reasons I don't consider Adams more is the fact that if I buy a new Adams driver when it is released, I can't get 1/3rd of my money back out of it in resale 3 months later. They have made some great clubs, but knowing that new technology will always tempt me, the incredibly fast depreciation is a factor to me.

There was a post deleted. THP only allows links to sites that honor embargo dates on products.

Must say after the forum testing currently here, I've started to take more notice to Adams woods, not just hybrids. They seem to offer a great product at good price.

I don't know how long Admas will keep up they're releases. If the Speedline Tech adds something that the Fast 12 didn't, then it how can it be a bad thing for the consumers. Then again, I have never bought a club considering its resale potential.

Are other companies not doing this? That would be a darn shame.

I had a fit with Taylormade on a snapped hosel burner 2.0 (and golfsmith). They said I beat the ground with it.... I've never once slammed a club in frustration. I owned an F11 for 4 weeks before it snapped and Adams sent an F12 to me BEFORE I even sent the F11 back, now that is above and beyond the call if you ask me.

I had a fit with Taylormade on a snapped hosel burner 2.0 (and golfsmith). They said I beat the ground with it.... I've never once slammed a club in frustration.

Wow. That is terrible. We have only heard great customer service things about almost every company. Stores, not so much (why we partner with a good one), but companies have always seem to have done right by THPers.

Wow. That is terrible. We have only heard great customer service things about almost every company. Stores, not so much (why we partner with a good one), but companies have always seem to have done right by THPers.

That's really the only bad experience I've had, however the Adams experience just sticks out above and beyond the rest imo.

I wonder if Adams is releasing all the stuff they were working on before TMAG purchsed them. You just cant keep up to them.

I wonder if Adams is releasing all the stuff they were working on before TMAG purchsed them. You just cant keep up to them.

I'll be interested to see what changes occur with them because of the acquisition as time moves on, I still think it was a great pickup by TM as Adams really does make some truly great stuff.

Adams makes some great clubs (think their F11/F12 fairways and A12OS hybrids are really nice), but their depreciation would keep me away from buying new. Given I like buying used, then I'm personally fine with it.

These are available for pre order on multiple sites but it's not even up on the Adams Golf Website yet. Seems a bit backwards.

This seems to be true. Despite the buzz that was created around many of their recent products, none of them seem to stay near the top of these boards...

Does anything outside of Titleist, Ping, TM, and Callaway stay near the top? Maybe Nike. It's all about the Benjamin and while Adams spends, they don't even approach the big 4/5 or maybe even 6 with Cleveland/Srixon. Every product out there is outstanding. One isn't more advanced than another. They're all good. That's why Gmac can ditch Callaway for Cleveland Srixon and Jimbo Furyk can ditch Srixon for Callaway without missing much at all. It's all about personal preference...except when you're on tour then it's about Benjamins.

Back