2012 Fall Georgia Get Together - Update/Changes

MaryC

Lady of Leisure
Reaction score
Handicap
Back9 Beer
As you know, Ole Gray has passed the torch this year for the planning of this annual event to me so I wanted to update the folks that were planning on attending or thinking about attending the Fall Get Together with the details and changes so they have time to plan accordingly.

After consulting with a few folks, it was decided to postpone this year's Fall Get Together and make it a late winter/early spring get together. Now why you ask? Well because we have a super opportunity for an official THP Get Together in late September this year with the THP Tour Van Event that is happening in Atlanta on Saturday Sept. 29th!!

Given how close to the dates of the Fall Get Together and since most of us who attend the GA Fall Get Together are attending the THP Tour Van Event, we figured it would be just as much fun to gather in Atlanta with JB and Golfer Gal, play some golf on Saturday with them and for those who want, we can play on Sunday too.

To help those of you who want to make a weekend of it, those of us who live in Atlanta area would be happy to help you find inexpensive hotel options.

I know this might be a hardship for some folks and we're sorry for that but we hope you understand. We'll definitely be having something in the late winter and if we have a winter like last year's that may be a mid-winter get together.

Look forward to seeing you at the THP Tour Van Event and in the winter for the GA Get Together.

September Georgia Get Together

September Georgia Get Together

MaryC has hit the nail on the head with the THP Tour Van Event on September 29TH! We should really show THP how well Georgia can support this event, with a huge turnout!You don't have to be from Georgia to make this event, so anyone is welcome. I'm personally hoping for a record turnout. It would be cool for JB & GG to be smiling like a pig in a corn bin, once they see all the folks :hungry:. Thanks Mary for your hard work and dedication, in making this the best Georgia Get Together ever :blob:

I would think that people will understand, Mary. I mean, when you have the Tour Van coming in, why set up two get togethers in such a short time?

The Midwest get together was shelved as soon as St. Louis and Des Moines were announced.

That sounds fine to me since we were only talking three weeks between the two events. I agree that we need to have a big turnout for the THP Tour Van, and hopefully this will encourage even more folks to make the trip to Acworth on Sept 29th. I know I will be there.

I would think that people will understand, Mary. I mean, when you have the Tour Van coming in, why set up two get togethers in such a short time?

The Midwest get together was shelved as soon as St. Louis and Des Moines were announced.

Smalls it will save us money and we get to hit some cool equipment. It's a win/win for everybody in our area! I am loving it :banana:

MaryC has hit the nail on the head with the THP Tour Van Event on September 29TH! We should really show THP how well Georgia can support this event, with a huge turnout!You don't have to be from Georgia to make this event, so anyone is welcome. I'm personally hoping for a record turnout. It would be cool for JB & GG to be smiling like a pig in a corn bin, once they see all the folks :hungry:. Thanks Mary for your hard work and dedication, in making this the best Georgia Get Together ever :blob:

AGREE COMPLETELY good buddy! Can't wait to see everyone turn out for JB and GG and the awesome events they put together. The Atlanta Tour Van stop is going to be great fun.

We are having a mini Get Together tomorrow at T0AD's Goat Track, In Warner Robins, Ga at Robins AFB :D. Myself, KellyBo, DawgDaddy, & host T0AD, are going to the rumble in the Jungle :blob:... KellyBo has been kicking everybody's arse lately, so we are going to see if we can hang with her :bulgy-eyes:. Last time she played 18 holes was at Providence Golf Course, she shot 79 at our potentially new golf course site unseen, so a pretty decent score.

We are having a mini Get Together tomorrow at T0AD's Goat Track, In Warner Robins, Ga at Robins AFB :D. Myself, KellyBo, DawgDaddy, & host T0AD, are going to the rumble in the Jungle :blob:... KellyBo has been kicking everybody's arse lately, so we are going to see if we can hang with her :bulgy-eyes:. Last time she played 18 holes was at Providence Golf Course, she shot 79 at our potentially new golf course site unseen, so a pretty decent score.

Have fun everyone!!! Keep up the great playing KB and kick some butt!!!

this is a great move IMHO.

I think that is the right call.

I was out of town last weekend and did not see this thread until today. When I saw the date of the Atlanta Tour Van event, I thought that it would be difficult to get good size crowds to attend both events. Moving the date to late winter/early spring might be hard for some to attend the Georgia outing and the BIG THP Demo Day/Outing. For the past several weeks when it has been HOT in South Georgia, I have been wishing that the Georgia outing was in the summer in the mountains where hopefully it would be COOLER. Could we move the Georgia outing up to early August?

Good idea Mary. It doesn't matter when the GA Get Together will be. I know it's going to be fantastic.

I was out of town last weekend and did not see this thread until today. When I saw the date of the Atlanta Tour Van event, I thought that it would be difficult to get good size crowds to attend both events. Moving the date to late winter/early spring might be hard for some to attend the Georgia outing and the BIG THP Demo Day/Outing. For the past several weeks when it has been HOT in South Georgia, I have been wishing that the Georgia outing was in the summer in the mountains where hopefully it would be COOLER. Could we move the Georgia outing up to early August?

August is a bad month to try and do a full blown gathering that is reasonably priced owing to vacation pricing/golf course pricing. We also had a hard time with folks vacation plans.

We're thinking Jan/Feb leaving plenty of time between our little get together and the 2013 Outing/Demo day. Prices will be cheap for both housing/hotels & golf.

But feel free to reach out to folks if you wish to try and organize something on your own for August with fellow GA THPers. I'm sure you'll get a few folks who would be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Ross and myself are having our own mini get together at DGCC this morning. Anytime any of you are in North Georgia on Monday let me know. I can take a foursome at no cost most Mondays. Of course, anytime is ok too but costs more other days.

SMS - It's going to be hotter than a Turkey on Thanksgiving morning in August. We call em dog days where I'm from where the humidity is thicker than a triple deck Big Mac Burger. You need to try and make the September tour stop as it's going to be a blast! If we have a mini get together I would think November would be a better month than January/February where it can get colder than an Eskimo in an outhouse :bulgy-eyes:

Josh Ross and myself are having our own mini get together at DGCC this morning. Anytime any of you are in North Georgia on Monday let me know. I can take a foursome at no cost most Mondays. Of course, anytime is ok too but costs more other days.

You guys have fun! Josh take it easy on the old man up there. haha

KellyBo and myself will have to book a Monday with ya Lefty!

SMS - It's going to be hotter than a Turkey on Thanksgiving morning in August. We call em dog days where I'm from where the humidity is thicker than a triple deck Big Mac Burger. You need to try and make the September tour stop as it's going to be a blast! If we have a mini get together I would think November would be a better month than January/February where it can get colder than an Eskimo in an outhouse :bulgy-eyes:

November is a tough month to get folks with Thanksgiving/Holiday shopping starting so that is why I suggested late winter when we're all a bit stir-crazy.

And who said this get together was going to be in Northern GA, where yes it can be cold... for you Southern boys...me I'll be in shorts.

You guys have fun! Josh take it easy on the old man up there. haha

KellyBo and myself will have to book a Monday with ya Lefty!

It was a terrific day and Josh did take it easy on the old man. He is a fine young man and strikes the ball really well. Whoowee and putts, he putted super today.

It was good golf for the price, since it was Monday we had to dodge a few sprinklers and the greens were a bit slow but otherwise the course is in fine shape today.

I would love to see yall up this way on a Monday (or any other day) also I would like to see the infamous Goat Track before you folks hi tail it north, most any time would work, I'm notorious for driving a long way to play golf with good folks.

It was a terrific day and Josh did take it easy on the old man. He is a fine young man and strikes the ball really well. Whoowee and putts, he putted super today.

It was good golf for the price, since it was Monday we had to dodge a few sprinklers and the greens were a bit slow but otherwise the course is in fine shape today.

I would love to see yall up this way on a Monday (or any other day) also I would like to see the infamous Goat Track before you folks hi tail it north, most any time would work, I'm notorious for driving a long way to play golf with good folks.

It's good you guys had a great time. Josh does hit the ball solid and a nice young buck to boot. They should have the new super duper sprinkler system completed by the end of this month. It will make a huge improvement at our course but it's still a fun course to play and sneaky tough! You can come anytime you want and we have a nice little guest room, where you don't have to make the drive all in one day.

November is a tough month to get folks with Thanksgiving/Holiday shopping starting so that is why I suggested late winter when we're all a bit stir-crazy.

And who said this get together was going to be in Northern GA, where yes it can be cold... for you Southern boys...me I'll be in shorts.

I got to see you in shorts in January girl :bulgy-eyes:. Not even hot blooded DawgDaddy, wears shorts in January/February :D

When it gets under 40 degrees then you are saying something. Above that, it is shorts weather!!

WR, two winters ago I golfed the Goat Track w KB & OG in Jan. It was so cold, we had the catt heater going at the start of the round (30s at beginning of round) but I was golfing in just my long sleeves.

This winter there were many days I was in short sleeves.

WR, two winters ago I golfed the Goat Track w KB & OG in Jan. It was so cold, we had the catt heater going at the start of the round (30s at beginning of round) but I was golfing in just my long sleeves.

This winter there were many days I was in short sleeves.

What da heck is a catt heater :bulgy-eyes:?

Back