2014 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumped back into this morning with P90X3 after about 2 and a half months off. I'm a little exhausted, mostly from getting up earlier than usual probably, but my body already feels better today. Less stiff and junky feeling. Can't wait to feel even better as I get further along.

After tonight's range session I'm going to give T25 a shot. Hopefully it's not as painful as my first go around with Insanity was.

I hope so. The shorter workouts fit into my schedule so much nicer.

I struggled with Insanity too, but T25 hasn't been a problem at all. Don't get me wrong, it's an intense 25 minutes (at least for me it is), but I enjoy doing it. Each week I get a little better, and I am confident by the end of week 5 I will be primed and ready to go to the Beta stage.

Just finished my 1st workout since taking a break to let back and knee heal. My goal is to workout 5 days a week over the next 6 weeks. Did legs, chest, and biceps. Finished off w/ 1.3 mile run.

Realized today that my swing is pretty athletic, and I've been neglecting a lot of the athletics of late. I don't know that it explains my woes in general, but it has been a reminder that my swing has gotten worse right alongside my general fitness. So instead of playing 18, I stopped the misery at 9 holes and went to the gym to lift legs. Felt good to get back to lifting weights. Did back squats, Romanian deadlifts, hanging squat cleans, and box jumps. Not getting the loads I used to, and I feel pretty sore already, but it felt good anyway.

Put in a good 3 miles on the treadmill tonight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2.5 mile run. Pace was faster than last time. Stretched a lot afterwards and hoping that helps with the muscle soreness.

Rest of the house was sleeping so I did the first T25 workout. It isn't as intense as Insanity but it certainly isn't easy. Going to follow it up with some resistance band and medicine ball work.

Quick and intense bike ride last night after I got the kiddos to bed.

Weighed in today and hit sub-185 for the first time in longer than I can remember. Think I can get down to 175 in the next month, but I'm really going to have to work for it. Every pound seems to be a lot more work these days.

Rest one more day today and I'll try to beat my pace on Monday's run tomorrow.

Three days in the office for my new job, and Jen has been dropping me off in the morning but I have been walking home in the evening and according to my phone GPS app I have installed it is a fraction over 2 miles so I have walked around 6 miles up to now this week, with another 2 tomorrow to take the total for the week to approximately 8 miles walked

Next step will be to add in walking to work as well to eventually build up to a total of 20 miles a week until the office moves around August / September time and I have to start driving again (I am not walking 13 miles each way.....)

Fun back & biceps day. Pull downs, renegade rows, low rows, pull ups, preacher dumbell curls, & hammer curls. Feeling pumped. Not pulling as much as I used to, but I'll get back to it.

Well, I'm not going to be in the Olympics, but I've knocked almost a minute off my average pace running in the last few weeks. Approaching my PB, set in second grade gym class, if that tells you anything lol.

I've been looking a lot at ideal weight for my frame size, and trying to get a rough body fat measurement. At some point there has to be an end-game. Orginally I just figured where I'm at now would be ideal, but looking in the mirror had me reconsidering that a bit. According to BMI, I just crept out of the 'overweight' category. Internet says 170 is the high end of ideal, so I'm going to see what things look like when I get there. Hopefully by sometime in late July or August.

From there I'd like to increase muscle mass a little, but I want to wait until I have a fresh slate. I really have no clue what I'm going to do at that point though. Sort of clueless how much to add back if I'm also weight training. Right now I'd say I run a deficiency of around 1000-1400 cal five days a week. Any advice is appreciated.

Well, I'm not going to be in the Olympics, but I've knocked almost a minute off my average pace running in the last few weeks. Approaching my PB, set in second grade gym class, if that tells you anything lol.

I've been looking a lot at ideal weight for my frame size, and trying to get a rough body fat measurement. At some point there has to be an end-game. Orginally I just figured where I'm at now would be ideal, but looking in the mirror had me reconsidering that a bit. According to BMI, I just crept out of the 'overweight' category. Internet says 170 is the high end of ideal, so I'm going to see what things look like when I get there. Hopefully by sometime in late July or August.

From there I'd like to increase muscle mass a little, but I want to wait until I have a fresh slate. I really have no clue what I'm going to do at that point though. Sort of clueless how much to add back if I'm also weight training. Right now I'd say I run a deficiency of around 1000-1400 cal five days a week. Any advice is appreciated.

Id try adding about 500-800 calories back in if you start a lifting program. Just make sure most of it is lean protein

Id try adding about 500-800 calories back in if you start a lifting program. Just make sure most of it is lean protein

I'm probably at 40% carbs and 30/30 fat/protein right now. Would supplements work for protein? 500-800 cal in protein just seems like a huge amount to actually eat lol.

I'm probably at 40% carbs and 30/30 fat/protein right now. Would supplements work for protein? 500-800 cal in protein just seems like a huge amount to actually eat lol.

800 calories of protein is roughly 200 grams. Finding time to add 200 grams of protein does seem pretty amazing.

You'd be surprised. A whole egg (fried) is about 92 calories. Most people rarely have only one. 2 eggs = roughly 184. a 6 oz. piece of chicken, boneless and skinless is 273 calories. So just by adding those two things you are already at 365. That is with one meal to go.

They would, but watch your sugar intake. Most are LOADED with sugar.

Yea that's no good. I don't really do sugar. Sort of seems counterintuitive that they'd do that!

Yea that's no good. I don't really do sugar. Sort of seems counterintuitive that they'd do that!

If you make a conscious effort to add 1 piece of protein (2 eggs = 1) to each meal you will get to 500 calories added minimal

If you make a conscious effort to add 1 piece of protein (2 eggs = 1) to each meal you will get to 500 calories added minimal

Good deal. I'll start with that then. I'll have all winter to do some weight training I figure.

Good deal. I'll start with that then. I'll have all winter to do some weight training I figure.

yup. Great time to build some mass

According to my pedometer, I walked a ton this weekend (10+ miles Fri/Sat). Probably offset that with eating a ton of bad for me food, but better than just vacation eating. Back to normal eating and workout schedule this week.

Well week 1 of my new job meant I walked somewhere in the region of 8 miles and I have started this week with the first 2 miles, so it will be 10 miles walked this week I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back