2015 Masters Contest & Official THP Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

Ernie's chip leaves 23 feet. Likely bogey upcoming. Perfect drive, but real bad second is going to drop him back to -5.

Ernie's chip leaves 23 feet. Likely bogey upcoming. Perfect drive, but real bad second is going to drop him back to -5.

The question with Ernie has always been his bounce back. So with bogey most likely here, let's see how he plays the next 3 holes.

Awesome chart for the stat nerds like me from round 1 per @jalnichols on Twitter: strokes gained data for putting, driving, short game (<50 yards), and approach shots (aka other). The short story: Spieth and Hoffman were awesome with the approach game, and Rory's short game was abysmal.

CCPAEkiUsAAZw7k.png:large

Amen corner coverage about to go live.

I thought it went live at 10:45

They lit the window and it says live coverage will begin in a moment. I think they went on a little early yesterday, too, once the first group got there.

I thought it went live at 10:45

I think they are throwing it live as soon as groups get there. At leas that's what they did yesterday.

Spieth's approach on #1 leaves a 35 foot putt for birdie. Par is a good score on the tough starting hole.

I loved the characterization of #1 by somebody on GC yesterday. Typically, the first hole is like your mom gently waking you up in the morning: "Come on honey, time to get up." #1 at Augusta is like being woken up by your angry dad: "WAKE UP!"

"Live coverage will begin in a moment." LET'S GO!

Has anybody seen any coverage of the range this year? Every time I check that feed it is off line.

Spieth par on #1. Ernie Par on #6.

Its starting!!!!

He just said they're going to show every shot of every player as they come through Amen Corner. They sure didn't show every shot yesterday.

I really want Compton to do well.

I think he thinks he should have went with the 4.

Its starting!!!!
I didn't see any of this yesterday, but even after just two shots today, I'm really going to enjoy the masters.com streamed coverage.

Ugh...what's with the weather talk? 441 needs to make a phone call!

The thunderstorms they keep talking about are here in the Atlanta area now. I think they'll be in Augusta early afternoon.

I really need Kuchar to go low today.

Jordan is going to have a tap in birdie on #2 to go to -9.

Back