2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

Cool stuff by G-Mac. Periscoped tom finishing. Lot of class for the players who waited around for it

Crazy they finished right at 10pm

I am 100% banking on the fact that Koepka goes nuts tomorrow and finishes round 2 like -6 in the final 8. That'd be neat. Then I might have a slim chance if no one else picked him

I'm down in Leeds, about 200 miles south of St. Andrews, and looking out the window I'm surprised that the crowd can see Tom Watson walk up the 18th. It's got to be really dark up there now.
The further north you go the more daylight hours you get. For instance you can get daylight at royal Dornoch golf course way past 11pm

I am 100% banking on the fact that Koepka goes nuts tomorrow and finishes round 2 like -6 in the final 8. That'd be neat. Then I might have a slim chance if no one else picked him
4d42bb8af31dc498430ade846b19930b.jpg

To bad they never play the championship at Royal Wentworth. Carnouiste has some trees in play, but need to change up the venues a bit lets get some trees in play

love the rich history. Would love to see another major in this area and skip the PGA championship. Should be two championships here / two over seas

To bad they never play the championship at Royal Wentworth. Carnouiste has some trees in play, but need to change up the venues a bit lets get some trees in play

love the rich history. Would love to see another major in this area and skip the PGA championship. Should be two championships here / two over seas

The PGA isn't going to,give up their annual championship. I could see them maybe one day playing it in other parts if the world but they aren't going to just let it go.

Let's get some trees in play? These courses don't need trees to be great. The Open Championship doesn't need to be played on a parkland course like Wentworth.

TV Note: for the insomniacs on the East Coast or the late night crew on the West Coast, ESPN will begin their coverage at 2 AM Eastern/11 PM Pacific to show the end of the 2nd round. After completion of the 2nd round, coverage will end until it restarts for round 3 at 7 AM Eastern/4 AM Pacific/12 PM UK time.

Let's get some trees in play? These courses don't need trees to be great. The Open Championship doesn't need to be played on a parkland course like Wentworth.

Totally agree. Playing the Open on anything but a links course would be like playing the Masters in Arizona.

Or like playing the US Open on a pseudo-links goat path.

Having played it, I can assure you that Chambers Bay is not a goat path. But I don't want to derail this thread, so I'm not even going to start.

If I wasn't playing in a tournament at 8 am tomorrow morning, I would be setting my alarm to get up at 2 am to watch the rest of round 2. The Open Championship and a Red Sox World Series game are the only 2 sporting events I would do something that wacky for.

Watching a replay... Kuchar's swing looks a little different to me. Am I seeing things?

How much round 2 coverage is left?

Spieth doesn't look happy that they are still playing.

Yea, I think DJ made the group decision for them to tee off. LOL. Ended up being a good call as they both have a chip/putt to start tomorrow off with a birdie now. That would get Spieth to to -6 with 4 to play. He needs to somehow get to -7 or -8 with 2 rounds to go. Would be a good position to be in considering his last 22 holes of average golf.

Watching the replay. But, I concur.

Thank you, Tom Watson.

Yea, I think DJ made the group decision for them to tee off. LOL. Ended up being a good call as they both have a chip/putt to start tomorrow off with a birdie now. That would get Spieth to to -6 with 4 to play. He needs to somehow get to -7 or -8 with 2 rounds to go. Would be a good position to be in considering his last 22 holes of average golf.

Aren't they going for eagle?

Watching the replay. But, I concur.

Thank you, Tom Watson.

Tom needed to finish and walk across that bridge on Friday, not Saturday morning. May explain the push. DJ playing like he was, man keep that going until the horn blows.

Back