2015 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
The PGA Tour is in Akron, Ohio this week for its annual stop at Firestone for the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. The top 50 in the world get automatic invitations to this event, and only 2 players in that group are missing: Rory McIlroy and Chris Kirk. So this field is stacked with stars, and then sprinkle in some international flavor with guys that have won big events on other tours this year as well as the entire European Ryder Cup from last year (except McIlroy) and the leaderboard should be pretty interesting.

This is a limited field event, so a couple of big differences: there is no cut so everyone's fantasy team will have everyone make it to the weekend, and the players play in twosomes on the first 2 days instead of threesomes. Here are the notable pairings for Thursday and Friday:
Zach Johnson and Jordan Spieth
Bubba Watson and Dustin Johnson
Jason Day and Rickie Fowler
Phil Mickelson and Justin Rose
Sergio Garcia and Patrick Reed
Adam Scott and Martin Kaymer

WGC events also get expanded TV coverage from Golf Channel on Thursday and Friday along with CBS over the weekend. This should be a fun 2 weeks of golf with this event and then the PGA next week.

Last edited:
And I'll be there!

I was supposed to go to this this year with Bridgestone, but will be with THPers in Savannah having a freaking blast.

First year in like 6 years that I won't be going. Kindof makes me sad. I absolutely love that place. It's perfect to watch a tournament. And the practice area is awesome to watch the guys as well.

I should be there Sunday I believe

Love going to this and may on Saturday. Cannot beat the price, $40 to see a major championship field essentially

Love going to this and may on Saturday. Cannot beat the price, $40 to see a major championship field essentially
Where ya located? Quite a few thpers up here in NE Ohio

First year in like 6 years that I won't be going. Kindof makes me sad. I absolutely love that place. It's perfect to watch a tournament. And the practice area is awesome to watch the guys as well.

I may be able to get my hands on some tickets for Thursday if you wanna go

I may be able to get my hands on some tickets for Thursday if you wanna go

I mean, if you're gonna twist my arm. I guess that would work

Heard some of the players and caddies talking yesterday about the course being soft right now and it's in damn near perfect conditions. I expect them to try and dry it out to firm up and speed up the greens. As if they need it lol

Let me know...depending on the day u go I may have an extra ticket. Free of charge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there Fri-Sun. Course looks to be in amazing conditions. Looking forward to meeting up with some of my Bridgestone sponsors from the MC! Always dropping in and thanking them for the PGA tour experience they took part in providing.

Let me know...depending on the day u go I may have an extra ticket. Free of charge!

Sounds good! Not sure if I'm going to be there or if I'm going to play golf. I coach high school and we have 18 hole matches on Thursday and Friday so playing the next two days is out of the question

Sounds good! Not sure if I'm going to be there or if I'm going to play golf. I coach high school and we have 18 hole matches on Thursday and Friday so playing the next two days is out of the question

Just let me know as I will be there and only live 5 mins away.

Any noteable WDs?

I'll be there Sunday for sure! Such a great event.

I love this course and tourney! It always looks amazing on TV.

TV doesn't even do it justice. It's ridiculous in person.

TV doesn't even do it justice. It's ridiculous in person.

True statement. It's beautiful there and the weather is absolutely perfect this weekend. Should be awesome to watch on tv and in person

Really shocked by the small % of Spieth picks this week.

Really shocked by the small % of Spieth picks this week.
We are all low on starts. I have one left and it will be used at the PGA

We are all low on starts. I have one left and it will be used at the PGA

I am kind of in the same boat. I had 2 left going into this weekend. Used one this week and the last at the PGA. Good thing for me is some of the golfers who are getting hot now I got starts to use till the end.

Back