2015 Wilson Staff Irons Preview - Entire Line

So for those that have hit both, what are the benefits of the M3 over the V4?
General consensus seems to be that they are equally demanding and performing.

Edit:
Let me rephrase.
Are those of you who have hit both clubs seen the differences that are supposed to be there? The higher launch, more forgiveness, worse feel of the M3s?

Last edited:
Hard to say. The M3s are larger heads with a wider sole. Performance on 7 irons was similar. Longer irons showed me more forgiveness in the M3s.

Hard to say. The M3s are larger heads with a wider sole. Performance on 7 irons was similar. Longer irons showed me more forgiveness in the M3s.
Very good info. THPers bringing it with the helpful knowledge.

So for those that have hit both, what are the benefits of the M3 over the V4? General consensus seems to be that they are equally demanding and performing.Edit:Let me rephrase.Are those of you who have hit both clubs seen the differences that are supposed to be there? The higher launch, more forgiveness, worse feel of the M3s?
I think there is a greater forgiveness with the M3. But it's not anything substantial. But dude I have to ask. What do you want to play? It seems that your searching for the perfect answer for clubs.

I think there is a greater forgiveness with the M3. But it's not anything substantial. But dude I have to ask. What do you want to play? It seems that your searching for the perfect answer for clubs.
I guess I'm coming across wrong because I feel like I'd shoot basically the same score with any of the offerings.
I'm just trying to have some discussion about them beyond what's in the promo video.

I guess I'm coming across wrong because I feel like I'd shoot basically the same score with any of the offerings.
I'm just trying to have some discussion about them beyond what's in the promo video.
Oh no dude I get it, perhaps I'm just reading into something that isn't there. You seem like you really like the M3s. They are a solid offering. I was just wondering if perhaps you're falling into an over thinking mentality.

I have done way too much deep thinking about Wilson Staff irons over the last few months. One set is so easy to hit it's ridiculous, and another set has lofts that set up perfectly for me to have the bag I really want without having to make compromises. Wilson really does have something for everyone in this powerhouse lineup.

My mind would be spinning if I were in this position, between M3 and C100. Both such good sets.

Going through the process of testing all their irons for #THPLegacy, I've decided that Wilson has hit it out of the park in terms of their iron offerings, and right now they're grossly underrated in the golf community as a whole.

Going through the process of testing all their irons for #THPLegacy, I've decided that Wilson has hit it out of the park in terms of their iron offerings, and right now they're grossly underrated in the golf community as a whole.

what route did u end up going iron wise dave? (sorry if I missed it)

Great irons...only took about 10 swings but really liked what I saw
Yeah, my first try with them didn't go so great, but I went back and re-hit them and they worked for me. What pushed me over the edge was the forgiveness on bad shots--they go left-to-right more than I'd really like, but you really don't lose much distance from off-center hits. They're big and chunky, but what matters to me most is putting up my best possible scores.

With the Tour 90s I'm getting in them, they'll be rocket launchers compared to my Apexes. I was seeing a club longer with the stock shafts, and the Tour 90s work well for me and may give me even more distance.

My mind would be spinning if I were in this position, between M3 and C100. Both such good sets.

totally agree. glad i don't have to decide. however i am also leaning towards the M3 or V4. i was in the only golf store in the area that i know has these available. the m3 and v4s are just to nice. I like the look of both sets. I posted in the ponder thread that both of these sets are on my long term ponder. i will definitely have to hit them more before a real decision on which way to go.

so many good options from lots of OEMs that another brand has my attention in this ponder.

Yeah, my first try with them didn't go so great, but I went back and re-hit them and they worked for me. What pushed me over the edge was the forgiveness on bad shots--they go left-to-right more than I'd really like, but you really don't lose much distance from off-center hits. They're big and chunky, but what matters to me most is putting up my best possible scores.

With the Tour 90s I'm getting in them, they'll be rocket launchers compared to my Apexes. I was seeing a club longer with the stock shafts, and the Tour 90s work well for me and may give me even more distance.
Huge fan of the tour 90s I think with those heads it will be an awesome combo

I'm still looking to hit the D200's, or any of the current W/S lineup for that matter, but no luck here in rural cheeseland. It's pretty much the big four, or ebay.

So, for my #THPLegacy bag, I'm down to the M3s, C100s, and D200s. Love the Tour 100s and really like the V4s, but looking for a bit more forgiveness.

3 awesome choices

So this was a pretty cool tweet. Of course Kevin is truly a Wilson Staffer. I Guess I'm an honorary one :)

Such a solid lineup.
e8059774dfc3afec04a02499f21363d0.jpg

5f7835990fea2e4ca3d5e0d31e3b88a5.jpg

The Wilson lineup seems solid but I don't get their lofts in the pitching and gap wedge? They seem awfully strong.

The Wilson lineup seems solid but I don't get their lofts in the pitching and gap wedge? They seem awfully strong.
Depends on the set. The C100s and D200s have a 44* PW (which has become standard for GI sets).
The V4s and the M3s have a 47* PW which is almost as traditional as it gets.

I'm looking at the Wilson site and it lists the gap at 47, which seems strong. Most are 49 or 50. Having it at 47, it seems to take out the option of a 54 and 58 set up. I would think you would have to carry basically two gap wedges like you do with a 52, 56 and 60 set up.

Back