2015 Wilson Staff Irons Preview - Entire Line

I'm looking at the Wilson site and it lists the gap at 47, which seems strong. Most are 49 or 50. Having it at 47, it seems to take out the option of a 54 and 58 set up. I would think you would have to carry basically two gap wedges like you do with a 52, 56 and 60 set up.
Like age, lofts is just a number

Looking at it strictly based on loft will most likely cause a gap. This is the perfect example of how different shape impacts distance

JB are you referring to shape of club I assume? I'm just confused sorry.

JB are you referring to shape of club I assume? I'm just confused sorry.

Loft number does not directly translate to distance. Ever hit two clubs and have them go different distances despite being the same loft?

So same theory when comparing hybrids and woods with same loft. Got it thanks

So same theory when comparing hybrids and woods with same loft. Got it thanks

Nailed it. It's why the argument of stronger lofts are nothing more thank marketing is incorrect. Great byproduct for the company no question, but it all comes down to launch angle and peak height.

Moving weight lower and back will produce a higher ball flight than forward. Then add that thinner faces found in some irons produce less spin, so less ball height and it's a true science getting it right.

Hope this helps.

Such a solid lineup.
e8059774dfc3afec04a02499f21363d0.jpg

5f7835990fea2e4ca3d5e0d31e3b88a5.jpg

You have the ones on the left and the ones on the right. Any plans on getting the ones in the middle?

You have the ones on the left and the ones on the right. Any plans on getting the ones in the middle?
Not at this point. One or two release cycles down the road I could see myself gaming whatever replaces the M3s...who knows.
I'm quite smitten with my C100s and V4s but if money was no object Id love to own the M3s and Tour 100 blades as well.

Last edited:
Not at this point. One or two release cycles down the road I could see myself gaming whatever replaces the M3s...who knows.
I'm quite smitten with my C100s and V4s but if money was no object Id love to own the M3s and Tour 100 blades as well.

You and me both, good sir. Guess I'll keep playing the lottery!

Back