2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had me blown away. Hahaha. I was thinking, "dudes pressing a shít ton. He should be able to bench 350".
Shoulder press 225 is beastly.

Then I must make it happen.

That's the attitude! I just outlined my goals for the next 3 months, maybe I should add that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squats, press, and deadlift yesterday. Squat form was a lot better after meeting up with Brodie Saturday. I'm getting more hip drive out of the bottom and my work sets felt easier than they did on Saturday. Press was tough, I'm only going up 2.5 lbs at a time for that now, and I felt like a beast doing deadlifts. At Brodie's advice, I'm sticking with 5lb jumps on squat, and I'm doing 15lb jumps on deadlift for a bit.

My wife asked me if I felt like I was exploding. I asked her where she thought I was exploding, because I don't think I've gotten bigger in the belly. She says I need to buy new pants because my thighs and butt have gotten bigger. And she's noticed my traps getting bigger. it's hard to find pants woth small enough waist and large enough thighs that don't looks silly.

Squats, press, and deadlift yesterday. Squat form was a lot better after meeting up with Brodie Saturday. I'm getting more hip drive out of the bottom and my work sets felt easier than they did on Saturday. Press was tough, I'm only going up 2.5 lbs at a time for that now, and I felt like a beast doing deadlifts. At Brodie's advice, I'm sticking with 5lb jumps on squat, and I'm doing 15lb jumps on deadlift for a bit.

My wife asked me if I felt like I was exploding. I asked her where she thought I was exploding, because I don't think I've gotten bigger in the belly. She says I need to buy new pants because my thighs and butt have gotten bigger. And she's noticed my traps getting bigger. it's hard to find pants woth small enough waist and large enough thighs that don't looks silly.
I like it. Your wife sounds awesome. My wife told me I need to lose weight because of my thick midsection. It did not go over well for her saying that.

I've had to buy pants a size bigger and then take them into a tailor, especially on my golf pants.

I'm pretty sure this was posted in the last fitness thread, but I'll put it up again. Pretty much all you need to know.

http://youtu.be/2A788hUGllM

I like it. Your wife sounds awesome. My wife told me I need to lose weight because of my thick midsection. It did not go over well for her saying that.
She's starting to question all the eating haha. And she was upset that I ate all the almonds and edamame in the house.

I had so much chalk on that the pad on my left hand split. I'm literally the guy in the corner hurting himself for fun

e69be51fa054aaf780bfd49cc79c2845.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was posted in the last fitness thread, but I'll put it up again. Pretty much all you need to know.

http://youtu.be/2A788hUGllM

That's what my above post was referencing. Dom is 100% accurate, except that squats are the worst. Also, pulling sumo is dumb

Hardcore cardio last night. I'm not a fan of that kind of cardio, but that's because I have asthma and it can be harder to catch my breath and most....so that's why. However, I do my best to keep up my heart rate and suck air on the 30 second breaks I take.

She's starting to question all the eating haha. And she was upset that I ate all the almonds and edamame in the house.
Easier to cut fat than strength.

That's what my above post was referencing. Dom is 100% accurate, except that squats are the worst. Also, pulling sumo is dumb

Arg I have this guy at the Y who keeps trying to tell me I should pull sumo. Uh, no.

Arg I have this guy at the Y who keeps trying to tell me I should pull sumo. Uh, no.
It makes sense for a competitive powerlifter. But for general strength training it's dumb. That variation is the prime example why I say I don't powerlifting or talk powering.

My workout this morning was difficult after a month and a week of lazy.

5 min warm-up on the bike.
185lb deadlifts (10x3 with 45s rest)
Pull-ups (10x3 with 45s rest)
135lb front squat (10x3 with 45s rest)
Dips +25lb (10x3 with 45s rest)
10 minutes of 60s slow 30s fast bike intervals.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I pushed it hard today at Orange Theroy and burner 1050 Cals in an hour. Fell so good to get my sweat on. Right back at in tomorrow AM.

Leg Day

Leg Day

Repped some dead lifts tonight up to 365 then squatted up to 415x2. Whew, great night at the Y.

Great thread. Into my third week of working out. Hopefully my goals by the end of the year aren't to crazy.

Finally get to ski, end up with possible broken hand lol no weights for a bit until I get it looked at. Lame

Finally get to ski, end up with possible broken hand lol no weights for a bit until I get it looked at. Lame

Just think of all the leg days you'll have until that hand heals up! Get better soon, Evok!

Just think of all the leg days you'll have until that hand heals up! Get better soon, Evok!
Yeah it's a bummer, ill have to stick with leg press or something because I can't even hold the bar to squat haha. Hoping they tell me it's not broken! Thanks tho man, appreciate it.

Yeah it's a bummer, ill have to stick with leg press or something because I can't even hold the bar to squat haha. Hoping they tell me it's not broken! Thanks tho man, appreciate it.
Use a harness! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jeez, I need some motivation to get into the gym! I hate lacking motivation and being lazy:arrogant:

Did not want to do abs last night, can't really SEE them much anyway...but I did, and it sucked, but it was a good hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back