2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol da fuq is half of the stuff on that list? Alien stuff
It's stuff that makes people think they're working out, but it's not scary like those muscley mean guys who are strong.

It's stuff that makes people think they're working out, but it's not scary like those muscley mean guys who are strong.
The guys who are apparently the reason some don't work out lol

The guys who are apparently the reason some don't work out lol

Ha, "I don't like being forced to face my excuses for not exercising, so I am going to make an excuse not to exercise and then leave."

Ha, "I don't like being forced to face my excuses for not exercising, so I am going to make an excuse not to exercise and then leave."
Bye Felicia

Great day at the gym. Bench and deads (only squatting once a week now and did that on Monday). Matched my PR on bench after missing it on Monday and set a new 5RM deadlift at 395 only to have my brother pull 400 with ease. He could have done 405 but don't think he was mentally ready for that. So proud of his gainz, but a little annoyed that he's surpassed me on deads when I used to be a lot stronger than him. Still have him on squats though by a good margin.

Great day at the gym. Bench and deads (only squatting once a week now and did that on Monday). Matched my PR on bench after missing it on Monday and set a new 5RM deadlift at 395 only to have my brother pull 400 with ease. He could have done 405 but don't think he was mentally ready for that. So proud of his gainz, but a little annoyed that he's surpassed me on deads when I used to be a lot stronger than him. Still have him on squats though by a good margin.
What's your squat sets look like? A set of 5? Two sets of 5?

When I do them, 3 sets of 5 for my work weight.

Resistance band? No thanks I'm good and wtf is a surge strength trainer? $395 for medicine balls? I hope they are fresh off the steer.

I think I'll just do my thing.

Was just discussing with someone and they said rounding your back is how you get the slack out of the bar.

When I do them, 3 sets of 5 for my work weight.
Good. IMO, you need some more volume to help drive growth.

Wednesday, 2x5 @ 75% of Monday. It will be very easy and it's supposed to be. Friday is 3x5 @ 90% of Monday.

Next Monday, add 5lbs and repeat the percentages.

This is a standard HLM model (heavy light medium).

Resistance band? No thanks I'm good and wtf is a surge strength trainer? $395 for medicine balls? I hope they are fresh off the steer.

I think I'll just do my thing.
Considering, with all this stuff below, I can do everything that golf digest thinks I need and I can still have money left over for a plane ticket and tee time at Pebble Beach.

http://www.elitefts.com/shop/strength-equipment/eliteftstm-power-rack-monorack.html

http://www.roguefitness.com/warrior-bar-bumper-set

http://www.roguefitness.com/black-concept-2-model-d-rower-pm5

So reaching out again to see if anyone can help with a hunt i am having. I am looking for a pre-workout supplement (energy booster with beta etc etc). The issue I have is I am not a fan of Sucralose. I would prefer the calories from a quality Sugar or a natural source like Stevia. Looking for some recommendations or options. So far i haven't found any products out there that don't use Sucralose.

Was just discussing with someone and they said rounding your back is how you get the slack out of the bar.
Oh boy. Yes, no, kind of.

The goal is to have a locked lumbar. That is safest and best for building back strength. A rounded back will get the shoulders and hips closer to the bar, reducing moment arms but increase the risk of injury and eliminates muscle mass from the pull.

An advanced technique, advanced in that it is really hard to do and rarely coached, is to lock in the lumbar and round the thoracic spine. That does both things at once.

The "slack" will come out of the bar at one of two points. Either when the shoulders are squeezed up against the tension of the hamstrings or when the legs drive against the ground. The former is safer than the latter.

Last edited:
So reaching out again to see if anyone can help with a hunt i am having. I am looking for a pre-workout supplement (energy booster with beta etc etc). The issue I have is I am not a fan of Sucralose. I would prefer the calories from a quality Sugar or a natural source like Stevia. Looking for some recommendations or options. So far i haven't found any products out there that don't use Sucralose.
With all the caffeine and other stuff crammed into preworkouts i feel like sucralose is the least of your concern lol some of the ones ive seen are almost scary.

With all the caffeine and other stuff crammed into preworkouts i feel like sucralose is the least of your concern lol some of the ones ive seen are almost scary.

True - not looking to get 18 gallons worth of coffee in an 8oz slam either. Lol

True - not looking to get 18 gallons worth of coffee in an 8oz slam either. Lol
Haha just giving you a hard time. You should check to see what Optimum Nutrition has for preworkouts, they are a trusted brand.

Haha just giving you a hard time. You should check to see what Optimum Nutrition has for preworkouts, they are a trusted brand.
NFP Gear is also pretty darn good.

NFP Gear is also pretty darn good.
You'll have to tell me your thoughts but it's my understanding that he supplement industry isn't regulated so there's tons of variations between ingredients and amounts. It's why preworkouts can be so nasty. Best to stick to some of the bigger more trusted brands imo like optimum and some others. I forgot what the site was but there's a company that takes supplements and tests them for accuracy. I'll have to see if i can find the link.

You'll have to tell me your thoughts but it's my understanding that he supplement industry isn't regulated so there's tons of variations between ingredients and amounts. It's why preworkouts can be so nasty. Best to stick to some of the bigger more trusted brands imo like optimum and some others. I forgot what the site was but there's a company that takes supplements and tests them for accuracy. I'll have to see if i can find the link.
Honestly, I only supplement with whey. Black coffee and/or a sugar free monster does the job for me for preworkout.

The industry is not regulated. There is nothing up testimonials to back up any company's claims. NFPGear is somewhat local to me. I have met the owner.

The industry is all about sponsoring the biggest dudes and fittest chicks and getting them to say it's all because of the powder in the cans.

Honestly, I only supplement with whey. Black coffee and/or a sugar free monster does the job for me for preworkout.

The industry is not regulated. There is nothing up testimonials to back up any company's claims. NFPGear is somewhat local to me. I have met the owner.

The industry is all about sponsoring the biggest dudes and fittest chicks and getting them to say it's all because of the powder in the cans.
Yep totally with you on that. I use a naturally flavored whey and that's it. Too many crazy things out there lol I've read horror stories about people taking way too much of something, especially preworkouts not knowing the actual amount and having one hell of a scary time. Now is every one like that? Of course not but hey its enough to keep me away. Well honestly i don't drink caffeine at all anymore so maybe that's where my concern comes from lol

Yep totally with you on that. I use a naturally flavored whey and that's it. Too many crazy things out there lol I've read horror stories about people taking way too much of something, especially preworkouts not knowing the actual amount and having one hell of a scary time. Now is every one like that? Of course not but hey its enough to keep me away. Well honestly i don't drink caffeine at all anymore so maybe that's where my concern comes from lol
I would take it if I didn't workout at 9:30 most night. I dunno. Most of it is just concentrated caffeine.

Did you read over my rounded back deadlift response?

I would take it if I didn't workout at 9:30 most night. I dunno. Most of it is just concentrated caffeine.

Did you read over my rounded back deadlift response?
Yeah i can understand that, lots of people say they are up for hours afterwards.

Oh and no sorry i don't know how but i completely missed it. Was hoping you'd respond haha

Oh boy. Yes, no, kind of.

The goal is to have a locked lumbar. That is safest and best for building back strength. A rounded back will get the shoulders and hips closer to the bar, reducing moment arms but increase the risk of injury and eliminates muscle mass from the pull.

An advanced technique, advanced in that it is really hard to do and rarely coached, is to lock in the lumbar and round the thoracic spine. That does both things at once.

The "slack" will come out of the bar at one of two points. Either when the shoulders are squeezed up against the tension of the hamstrings or when the legs drive against the ground. The former is safer than the latter.
Yeah my head just locks on to the idea of locked, straight and safe lol. I've seen elite guys do it but that doesn't mean it's safe for the average bro who doesn't know what the fudge he's doing haha i told the guy you go ahead, i won't be doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back