2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah my head just locks on to the idea of locked, straight and safe lol. I've seen elite guys do it but that doesn't mean it's safe for the average bro who doesn't know what the fudge he's doing haha i told the guy you go ahead, i won't be doing it.
Good. The biggest concern for me is any twisting in a deadlift. It's why I don't do an alternating grip and loathe Hex bars.

Reality, if you go to a powerlifting meet, you will see a lot of turtleback deadlifts and most of those people will walk out of there. It doesn't make it a good idea.

Good. The biggest concern for me is any twisting in a deadlift. It's why I don't do an alternating grip and loathe Hex bars.

Reality, if you go to a powerlifting meet, you will see a lot of turtleback deadlifts and most of those people will walk out of there. It doesn't make it a good idea.
For sure. Obviously the idea is to hit the highest number and that's why you see guys puking and girls peeing but still completing the lift lol ugh not my cup of tea

I actually thought my buddy was kidding until i saw people doing it. Gross

I would take it if I didn't workout at 9:30 most night. I dunno. Most of it is just concentrated caffeine.

Did you read over my rounded back deadlift response?

Yeah I am looking for more of the morning jolt - but I would rather not take one than take something that I do t want in my body.

Yeah I am looking for more of the morning jolt - but I would rather not take one than take something that I do t want in my body.

I take MAN Sports Gameday and love it. I don't know if it has sucralose, and frankly, I don't care. It gets me pumped up for my workouts and that is all that matters to me.

As for one without it just drink coffee

I'm super sore after work and travel kept me out of the gym for 15 days. I finished my workout yesterday with 3 sets of 25 dips and I'm wondering if I'll be able to swing a club today!

I take MAN Sports Gameday and love it. I don't know if it has sucralose, and frankly, I don't care. It gets me pumped up for my workouts and that is all that matters to me.

As for one without it just drink coffee

I checked it out and it does use sucralose for the sweetener.

I will keep looking thanks!!!

Good luck. I don't think many companies produce them without it because there isn't any harm in using it.

Maybe just coffee or caffeine pills pre workout

Are you trying to follow a paleo diet?

Pretty sure cocaine is naturally flavored, i could be wrong tho.

Pretty sure cocaine is naturally flavored, i could be wrong tho.
And very effective. From what I've heard.

Marking today as the official start of my journey towards #TheCup from a fitness stand point.
I've been lifting/eating well for a while now but now that I have a specific goal time-wise, I figured why not reset.

Since the event will be in SC in July, I'm going to focus more on conditioning/endurance vs. a strength training emphasis (which is what I've been doing).

For the first part (2-3 weeks) I'm going to focus on cardio and yoga.
Will look into possibly getting back into the weight training aspect after that.
Cardio will consist of a walk/run of 3 miles per day 4-5x per week.
Would like to incorporate yoga at least 2x per week as well.

This am I weighed in at 243.6 lbs.
My goal since starting back when I was 296 lbs :sick: was always 225 lbs.
That number I feel is more than attainable for #TheCup so in order to motivate myself that much more, I'm altering my goal to 220 lbs.
So that gives me 87 days to lose 23.6 lbs., all the while, boosting conditioning and endurance.

Day 1 - 3 mile walk/run - 36:13
An additional goal is to get that number down to around 25-26 minutes by #TheCup.

Nutrition being the most important to any weight loss program, I started about 3 weeks ago on a new diet called Fit for Life. Heavy focus on fruit, vegetables and such. Lean proteins are ok, but the diet is more about eating certain foods together to help promote proper digestion. IDK how much stock to take into that after doing the reading, but, I've lost 9 lbs. in the 3 weeks since I've started. Most days consist of fresh fruit for breakfast, salad with some sort of protein for lunch and a protein with vegetables for dinner.

I plan to check in here often to help keep myself accountable.

Got to display some of my functional strength yesterday. My wife backed into our garage door; thankfully it was 3/4 open and not all the way closed. Got to deadlift/press a garage door without spring assist from the floor to the top of the track to do some work on it. I'm confident 6 months ago I couldn't have done it.

Got to display some of my functional strength yesterday. My wife backed into our garage door; thankfully it was 3/4 open and not all the way closed. Got to deadlift/press a garage door without spring assist from the floor to the top of the track to do some work on it. I'm confident 6 months ago I couldn't have done it.

I bet she was impressed watching her man in action.

Think I'm going to do a bunch of cardio tonight.

Hittin functional prs lol nice

I bet she was impressed watching her man in action.

Think I'm going to do a bunch of cardio tonight.
She told me that she was just trying to help me show off my gainz, and I told her there were better, less expensive, ways to go about that.

She told me that she was just trying to help me show off my gainz, and I told her there were better, less expensive, ways to go about that.
The problem is, now you've established a baseline. Expectations are only going to go up.

Despite trying to talk myself out of it, I managed to drag myself to the gym after work. 40 minutes of cardio and stretching before calling it quits.

Kept it going afterwards and headed to the range.

Very happy that I convinced myself to keep working.

Friggin volume day. Squats 325x5x5. Kicking my arse

Day 2: 3 mile interval walk/run - 36:03
Knocked 10 seconds off yesterdays time and quite honestly, I'm shocked...lol.
About half way through I felt like I hit a brick wall and my legs were stuck in mud.
Previous to this, I was doing a 3 mile walk (no running) 2-3x a week. I'd usually clock that at about 46-47 minutes.

Tomorrow will be stretching only - found a 30 minute yoga routine that I like so that'll be the workout of the day.
Maybe a light walk at lunchtime if weather permits while I'm at work.

Just ordered this fine shirt.

726abcbc05899c4de0b9fd9d92ad969f.jpg

Should be a good shirt for pumping iron

Leg day today... As much as I don't like it, I never skip it

Never skip leg day.

Never, plus I see the biggest change in definition in my legs vs anywhere on my whole body. All kinds of veins and stuff popping out and for some reason that really motivates me to keep hitting it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back