2016 Fitness and Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it bothered me that I didn't at least attempt 450 on deadlifts so today I made it a point to try. I went through my progressions and pulled 455 first time. It felt great a bit of a grind but it went up very smoothly

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well it bothered me that I didn't at least attempt 450 on deadlifts so today I made it a point to try. I went through my progressions and pulled 455 first time. It felt great a bit of a grind but it went up very smoothly

Good pull.

Good pull.
Thanks it's crazy but I tried 460 after that and it was a no go, I barely had the energy to get it off the ground.

But I finished off my workout with 5x5 shoulders and back. OH press, Lat Pull down, DB rows, DB shrugs, HKR, Cable Rotations, side extensions, and push ups.

Almost 2.5 bw? Damn dude, nice.

Just ordered this fine shirt.

726abcbc05899c4de0b9fd9d92ad969f.jpg

Should be a good shirt for pumping iron
Haha i actually almost ordered one too. Ive been following his campaign on ig.

Good workout tonight with the instructor. After cardio we went straight to dead lifts, followed by some balance exercises while utilizing a kettlebell.

We then did single legs squats while walking on a line in the parking lot. The idea was to keep both feet on the line, maintaining our balance and forcing us to engage our core. We went forwards and then went backwards.

We did more balance exercises and then did single leg squats medicine ball tosses against the wall.

Finished with a good amount stretching to end the session.

Almost 2.5 bw? Damn dude, nice.
That's why I tried 460 after, that would have given me 2.5x bw. I think had I put 460 on the bar initially I could have gotten it. But I was dead. 5x5 was definitely a grind afterwards.

Just ordered this fine shirt.

726abcbc05899c4de0b9fd9d92ad969f.jpg

Should be a good shirt for pumping iron
Haha! I was thinking it would be a good buy for most in here. :D
I bought that one for the wife since she's been coming to the gym with me regularly, recently.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My deadlift leveled up today! Such a great feeling hitting a new milestone and one I've been looking at for awhile. #4wheeldrive

My deadlift leveled up today! Such a great feeling hitting a new milestone and one I've been looking at for awhile. #4wheeldrive
Boom!!!

Nice dude! #Fourloco?

Was a very heavy 4 plates, but it was 4 plates, 5 times.
1. Pfft this is easy
2. Yup I got this
3. How did this get heavier
4. Oh boy, I may not be able to walk home.
5. Death seems like a better option.

That's a rep by rep mental breakdown for me on a 5rm deadlift set.

1. Pfft this is easy
2. Yup I got this
3. How did this get heavier
4. Oh boy, I may not be able to walk home.
5. Death seems like a better option.

That's a rep by rep mental breakdown for me on a 5rm deadlift set.
It wouldn't have been horrible except my new straps started to slip on the fifth pull so I had to drop and reset, so it was more like 5.5 pulls... And my shin got rubbed real good, even though the bar is allegedly not supposed to touch my shins. :alien:

It wouldn't have been horrible except my new straps started to slip on the fifth pull so I had to drop and reset, so it was more like 5.5 pulls... And my shin got rubbed real good, even though the bar is allegedly not supposed to touch my shins. :alien:
Bar is supposed to touch shins. at set up and is dragged up the legs the whole way.

How have I missed this in your form checks? Is that what it says in SS 2nd Edition?

Dang with the strap. I've never lifted with straps but maybe I should get some.

Hook grip. It hurts, but it's secure.

I've got an extra set that I could send your way if you want to give them a try.
Hook grip. It hurts, but it's secure.
I think I'll stick with my straps.

I've got an extra set that I could send your way if you want to give them a try.

I think I'll stick with my straps.
Haha. It's a pride thing for me. I dunno why I don't use them. But when I hooked 505, I felt like a Superhero.

Haha. It's a pride thing for me. I dunno why I don't use them. But when I hooked 505, I felt like a Superhero.
You may have felt like a superhero, but probably couldn't feel your thumbs...

I use straps for rope pulldowns, come at me.

I use straps for rope pulldowns, come at me.
Upright rows in the Smith Machine with straps is the worst I have ever seen.

Upright rows in the Smith Machine with straps is the worst I have ever seen.
You told me you wouldn't tell people about that...

Crossing a 4-plate deadlift off my list, my new goal is to get into the 1000 lbs club for my 5RMs, and I plan to do that with a 350 squat (have done it before but was awhile ago), 225 bench, and 425 pull, all on the same day. I'd say currently I'm at 310, 205, and 405 respectively, so certainly in the realm of possible, but doing it on the same day might be the hard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back