2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Can't wait to see who and how this team is filled this year.

The L's stop this year!

I totally agree with this.

As a member going to #TheGauntlet, I'm a little disappointed there isn't more talk going on in that thread. I do see a select few guys who are constantly posting about the work they are putting into their games and it's great, but with the number of people selected for that event, there should be much more buzz going on in that thread with the event with less than 60 days away.

With all the hard work that Callaway and THP are putting into these awesome events, can you imagine how disappointed they would be if there was no hype built going into #TheGauntlet, #TheCup or #TheFreakingGrandaddy?

Hey JB, just a thought...maybe for #TheGrandaddy, because of the nautre of the event, there should be some sort of contract that each participant needs to fulfill and put that as an event requirement (Post round updates with thoughts about the round, post event club reviews, etc). Yes, THP is an online forum, but they (THP and Callaway) are also providing forum members with the opportunity to be treated like a PGA pro. Just like a PGA pro that gets sponsored, they have to fulfill their sponsorship deals with being in the marketing campaigns and post round interviews (not a sponsorship requirement but a PGA tour requirement).

With all this being said, gotta work on my game tonight to represent at #TheGauntlet for #TeamStripeShow!!!

If you need a contract to get you to talk about the Grandaddy then there's something wrong

Sounds like THP's GRANDADDY team has three spots taken already. Sounds like Captain Dan's team is taking shape just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a 'fly by' poster on THP, everybody understands that life and other things get in the way from posting/following on THP.
But if you are a 'fly by' poster, you should expect that your odds of getting into #TheGrandaddy should be lower. Especially, when you see JB stating all the time that the event is about being engaged in the THP community

If I were JB and running the contests and whatnot, if a submission entry comes in and he doesn't recognize the username, you've got a lower shot at getting in.
My reasoning is that JB is on the forum all the time and he'll see what's being posted on THP quite a bit. If you are engaged in THP, you're going to be in a lot of threads and he's going to recognize that.

I'm definitely not on the forums as much as JB, but even I can see who the regulars on THP are....

I'm going golfing in the snow tomorrow to start the season because it all builds towards the granddaddy. #getbetter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

If you need a contract to get you to talk about the Grandaddy then there's something wrong

That's true, but at the end of the day, THP and Callaway have provided the participants with an amazing sponsorship deal. It should go both ways.
But I see where you're coming from.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being a 'fly by' poster on THP, everybody understands that life and other things get in the way from posting/following on THP.
But if you are a 'fly by' poster, you should expect that your odds of getting into #TheGrandaddy should be lower. Especially, when you see JB stating all the time that the event is about being engaged in the THP community

If I were JB and running the contests and whatnot, if a submission entry comes in and he doesn't recognize the username, you've got a lower shot at getting in.
My reasoning is that JB is on the forum all the time and he'll see what's being posted on THP quite a bit. If you are engaged in THP, you're going to be in a lot of threads and he's going to recognize that.

I'm definitely not on the forums as much as JB, but even I can see who the regulars on THP are....

Nah dude, think about this. If only those that frequent the forum get in. What does that do to the newer members? Tenure just means a person has been around. It doesn't equate to worthiness.

LMAO the tapatalk pic for this thread is superb

Goodness, I go away and hit a bucket in cold, wind, snow, and hail, come back, and BANG, it's going off here!

I like hearing the spirit to win. That's my kind of Granddaddy! Now if you'll excuse me I have to keep working on my putting stroke. I won't just fix it, it will be a strength!

I'm going golfing in the snow tomorrow to start the season because it all builds towards the granddaddy. #getbetter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

The good news is when its cold, it leads to more time to spend on THP talking golf. :D

Just at home spending time with my son is taking in some thp tv
3cda27bf4cb8c2759d3844152a86acf1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly the Grandaddy is a big motivator for me to continue trying to get better, in case I ever do get picked for it I want to be able to play well and represent THP well and bring home the W! Just signed up for a second package of lessons yesterday.

Nah dude, think about this. If only those that frequent the forum get in. What does that do to the newer members? Tenure just means a person has been around. It doesn't equate to worthiness.

Right but even as a new member, if you are posting on THP, you'll be engaged in the community.
I'm sure JB and the staff at THP have analytics about the members who are posting.

Some great posts in here and your blood should have thinned out a little with the higher heart beat.

Thankfully a few that were built like ken dolls are no longer around...I kid I kid :D

Still on Tracman?

I want to be this year's PhillyV..play and win a bunch of events and then have a blast at the Hideaway! Fun to follow him after meeting him at the Gauntlet and I hope that I could do just as great of a job around here.

Who wouldn't be part of this event. An amazing course, awesome gear with an amazing company and a great community. It's kind of a no brainier. I think it might be hard for dome people to feel involved in the thread when they don't know the participants personally. There are a lot of inside jokes and comments. Just my two cents.

I want to be this year's PhillyV..play and win a bunch of events and then have a blast at the Hideaway! Fun to follow him after meeting him at the Gauntlet and I hope that I could do just as great of a job around here.

Last years PhillyV didn't win a Grandaddy tag. You wanna be this years brianmk24 and continue the hot run your on dude. You keep that putter goin and it could mean good things

No favorites in this event. Main requirement is to support THP and this year's albatross club benefactor. All who enter have an equal chance and do so knowing that their entry carries the same weight as everyone else. JB always says " you get out of THP what you want". While many want to be a part of the GRANDADDY it isn't the end all. You read about how past participants talk about the bond they built, the time they spent and the golf they played. All done while not typing a word on the forum. The grandaddy is a THP/callaway event, the time spent at THE MOTHER EFFIN GRANDADDY is the real prize but that's just me.

Bring a regular doesn't mean you will be good for the event. Being someone who is willing to give their feedback and put their thoughts into text for the community to see and someone who is willing to allow the community to join them on their journey means you are perfect for the event. Post count means nothing when it's not value added.

Been working on my game to be ready for any event and will be ready in case i get selected. I want to win the belt. Been thinking about getting into the event since 2014 event and talking with t2green18 about it while,heading to play around of golf during the contests for that event

I will drop this here and then get flamed, but I am going to. The event has been a loss for Team THP for 3 straight years. Going in its all about redemption and coming out its all about it doesnt matter if you win or lose.

You know who says that? Teams that just lost.

Time to bring it. Test out the Callaway Gear (its ****ing good). Work on your game. Test out some more Callaway Gear. Get in the ****ing moment. I know Dan is going to be practicing. I know that he wants to win. Every year its we are going to bring the belt back. Followed by, it doesnt matter if you bring the belt back.

None of what I said above is true

So here I say, if the goal is winning, and your posts are usually filled with once a week stop in and bring the "We are taking the belt this year if you pick me" and then gone till Thursday (wait, todays Thursday) and then back again with lather, rinse and repeat, its going to be a tough go around. If you embrace the community as a whole, jump into the conversations, take in the THP Radio Shows, check out the THP TV channel and jump into the mix with Callaway Golf you could end up going on the trip of a lifetime. Just as I would venture to guess that half the people saying they want in, have not noticed we have two other events featuring THP and Callaway Golf and I can guaran ****ing tee that if I wanted in the Grandaddy of em All, I would be paying attention to those as well, even from the outside looking in.

THP is done with the one and dones for the Grandaddy....This year the program continues with #ChangeTheGame.
Team THP will be made up of Mutha Effin THPers. Not forum members. But ****ing THPers.
If you have not realized the difference yet, do some digging on THIS forum. :D

GREAT, Now my face is bleeding because I just tried to run through a brick wall. :banghead:

Right but even as a new member, if you are posting on THP, you'll be engaged in the community.
I'm sure JB and the staff at THP have analytics about the members who are posting.

Dude you are wrong.

Three of my teammates in the last grandaddy had post counts under 500

No favorites in this event. Main requirement is to support THP and this year's albatross club benefactor. All who enter have an equal chance and do so knowing that their entry carries the same weight as everyone else. JB always says " you get out of THP what you want". While many want to be a part of the GRANDADDY it isn't the end all. You read about how past participants talk about the bond they built, the time they spent and the golf they played. All done while not typing a word on the forum. The grandaddy is a THP/callaway event, the time spent at THE MOTHER EFFIN GRANDADDY is the real prize but that's just me.

Bring a regular doesn't mean you will be good for the event. Being someone who is willing to give their feedback and put their thoughts into text for the community to see and someone who is willing to allow the community to join them on their journey means you are perfect for the event. Post count means nothing when it's not value added.

These two guys are right. Heck in half of the contests, I didnt even have a vote. I had never met much of last years team. Good guys on that squad pretty much. I believe that you get out of it what you put into it.

The word deserve is the ****ing devil.

GREAT, Now my face is bleeding because I just tried to run through a brick wall. :banghead:

This made me lol.

Back