2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

That was a great weekend! Love the Kentwool socks and undies

That was a great weekend! Love the Kentwool socks and undies

I agree with this guy. True story, since that weekend I have pretty much only worn kentwool underwear. Anything else and I just realize a difference.

I agree with this guy. True story, since that weekend I have pretty much only worn kentwool underwear. Anything else and I just realize a difference.

Omg the difference is glaring. I have several high end brands and always wish I had more Kentwool.

That was a tough green to hit. Just a little water.

Fortunately by then it didn't matter. Sorry Cap'n :disapointed:

Although somebody still owes me a dollar #moralvictory

I personally didn't really think so until 20 yards short of 17 green.... :banghead: Yes, it still haunts me.

If it's any consolation I was using periscope, and not a more permanent form of media, when I videoed that hole :alien:

What a great thread that I had the pleasure to read from beginning to the end.Awesome experience here and fun to see the pics.I wonder how hard these courses are now with the rough in full bloom?It looked real narrow even with the dormant grass.With full blown rough these courses would be just brutal

It's not that bad actually several more much more difficult courses on the trail. The lake course is getting prepped for the PGA in a couple weeks and the rough is about 4" but thicker than I have ever seen. The greens will run between 11.5 and 12 for the tourney which is what they normally run but the PGA doesn't want them any faster because of the slope. It is wider than it looks in the pics.

What a great thread that I had the pleasure to read from beginning to the end.Awesome experience here and fun to see the pics.I wonder how hard these courses are now with the rough in full bloom?It looked real narrow even with the dormant grass.With full blown rough these courses would be just brutal

it's not narrow from a side-to-side measurement perspective. the genius of the design imho is that at first it looks wide open, then as you start to visualize your shot you begin to notice all of the small places that you can miss. there are very strategically placed bunkers or trees or slopes that mess with your head, and (at least i) start to think "well heck, i can't miss anywhere" and make a bad swing.

the tree lines aren't tight, but they're jail. it's cut into the alabama clay/rock crap that is pretty much unplayable.

the par 3s are generally heavily guarded by bunkers, and the greens are generally sloped so that a missed green will run down into a hazard or other tough lie.

the green complexes are quite undulating, and although they look slow they are pretty fast. lots of subtle breaks.

the courses are gorgeous, and although they receive a ton of play they are almost always in very good shape. and pretty darn reasonable for the quality of the golf.

i haven't played everything on the trail, but some of the most challenging courses i have played are at capitol hill in uzumati's back yard. the senator is really tough if you're loose off the tee and has a helluva tough finishing stretch. same for the judge.

if you have a chance, i highly recommend playing the trail.

Watching the Barbasol Championship and being taken back to THPKickoffClassic. Course looks a lot greener, but I bet we had more fun!

Watching the Barbasol Championship and being taken back to THPKickoffClassic. Course looks a lot greener, but I bet we had more fun!

Just watching it on tv makes me feel bad for the caddies. Heat index at 100 today

Just watching it on tv makes me feel bad for the caddies. Heat index at 100 today

My daughter just it looks hot there.

I love being able to say i played the courses down there. Weird that it's so green lol

Seeing this thread pop up certainly brings back great memories!

In some regards the course doesn't look recognizable with it being green, but then I saw a couple of holes that I immediately recognized.

We definitely had more fun. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Seems to me, we should do another THP Kickoff Classic again.

I agree 100%!

Seems to me, we should do another THP Kickoff Classic again.

Yes please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes to that!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup and I'll be there this time!

I am all for it. It was an incredible weekend of golf and hanging out.

I agree this was a great one to get the year started

Was a great event. Loved the team aspect. I'm sure it will be a popular sign up again!

Most definitely must-see THP.

Back