2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

We just switched to brown rice. I like it, and 1/4 cup is minimal points.

But sushi rice will stay for those sushi nights. I'll just plan accordingly. The beauty of weight watchers.

I love Weight Watchers. I'm down 22lbs in 2 months, and get to eat normal food

I love Weight Watchers. I'm down 22lbs in 2 months, and get to eat normal food

I would say any plan that doesn't allow you to eat "normal" food isn't sustainable. I am so happy everyone is seeing success with WW it is a pretty neat tool. I am an advocate of calorie counting, but all I know is if you expend more calories than you eat, you will lose weight, plain and simple!

No need to worry about that, its actually used in way more food/drinks that you probably consume on a regular basis than you realize.

Great feedback and little farther research explained propylene glycol was put in antifreeze to replace a chemical that was harmful to pets ... apparently some pets like the taste of antifreeze ...

Whole grain or brown rice is complex carbs. Nothing wrong with high carb food if you aren't eating Keto or Atkins friendly

Been reading some reports that indicate white rice may be a little better for you than brown. Had a trainer that had the same opinion. Had to do with the way the fiber and phytate in brown rice inhibit the bioavailability of the micronutrients. White rice may be particularly better if you eat it prior to a workout for additional fuel for the workout.

I have not switched yet since I have become accustomed to the brown rice and actually prefer the flavor now. But might be something to look into, especially if you try to tie your carbs to a couple of hours before a workout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been reading some reports that indicate white rice may be a little better for you than brown. Had a trainer that had the same opinion. Had to do with the way the fiber and phytate in brown rice inhibit the bioavailability of the micronutrients. White rice may be particularly better if you eat it prior to a workout for additional fuel for the workout.

I have not switched yet since I have become accustomed to the brown rice and actually prefer the flavor now. But might be something to look into, especially if you try to tie your carbs to a couple of hours before a workout.

Interesting take. I don't tie my eating to my workouts, I practice Intermittent Fasting most of the time, so I don't eat until 1230-1 most days and I usually workout at about 6am

Interesting take. I don't tie my eating to my workouts, I practice Intermittent Fasting most of the time, so I don't eat until 1230-1 most days and I usually workout at about 6am

May become more important when you start getting closer to your goal weight and really want to get the most out of your workouts. Good book on it I read is called Racing Weight. Long and short of it, try and time the biggest carb intake of the day about two hours prior to your workout. And include some more rapid release ones like rice. The carbs are readily used to fuel the workout, and give you the energy you need to get the most out of it. Some arguments about if it is as beneficial in a weight loss protocol since though.

Today's Orange theory class was awesome! I normally start on the treadmill because I hate it and want to get it over with, but the instructor recommended starting with weights because the weight portion of the class was no joke and she was right. The running was no joke either, we barely got any breaks, but in a weird way it felt great. Every class I am upping my speed, and somehow surviving so I feel like I am improving which I am thrilled about.

I am headed to OT ... funny thing is I save the treadmill to last as I like it the best (I power walk/jog) ... I hate the weight room, so I try to get it over with first ... in fact, when I use the OTbeat application and do the same workout at home, I cheat and stay on the treadmill longer ... (I love pairing the OTbeat app to my device for home work outs)

I finding after a couple months of OT, that my heart rate recovers quicker than when I started.

Quinoa (for those who don't know, it's pronounced "kinwa") has been a recent go to food for me. There is a lot of good recipe's online and variety of uses. The nutrition is pretty high in essential amino acids and proteins.

Anyone else like Quinoa?

My wife just introduced me too it. it's pretty good, and very healthy. She actually found a Qinoa pasta that's gluten free.

TH how is intermittent fasting working for u? I've thought about trying it

2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

TH how is intermittent fasting working for u? I've thought about trying it

It's fine. I'm not sure if it aids in weight loss or not but basically I just eat 2 meals and a snack in between now and have my entire allotment of calories so I feel like I get to eat more. Psychological more than anything. I lost the first 60ish pounds without it so it's certainly not necessary

It's fine. I'm not sure if it aids in weight loss or not but basically I just eat 2 meals and a snack in between now and have my entire allotment of calories so I feel like I get to eat more. Psychological more than anything. I lost the first 60ish pounds without it so it's certainly not necessary

Thanks! Yea I'm very curious I know it worked well in the show my diet is better than yours

Thanks! Yea I'm very curious I know it worked well in the show my diet is better than yours

At the end of the day the way to lose weight is to use more calories than you take in. If we simplify it to its most simple principles if you burn 2500 calories a day, and eat 2000 calories worth of McDonalds everyday, you will still lose about a pound a week. It may not be the healthiest way to lose weight, but losing weight is actually an extremely simple principle. IF for me is solely so I can eat 2 big meals as opposed to smaller meals spaced throughout the day

At the end of the day the way to lose weight is to use more calories than you take in. If we simplify it to its most simple principles if you burn 2500 calories a day, and eat 2000 calories worth of McDonalds everyday, you will still lose about a pound a week. It may not be the healthiest way to lose weight, but losing weight is actually an extremely simple principle. IF for me is solely so I can eat 2 big meals as opposed to smaller meals spaced throughout the day

Very true, just hard for me

What do you struggle with specifically?

I give into cravings. I've been really good the past 2 weeks, but historically I have an issue eating too much bad food

I give into cravings. I've been really good the past 2 weeks, but historically I have an issue eating too much bad food

It is a tough habit to break. Everything in moderation. I allow myself a cheat meal every week or so, and instead of eating at a deficit that day, I try and just eat at my maintenance calories, never over that. Weight loss is 95% in the kitchen unfortunately. I wish I could eat what I ate 70 pounds ago, but I would have to workout for 8 hours a day to burn it all off.

It is a tough habit to break. Everything in moderation. I allow myself a cheat meal every week or so, and instead of eating at a deficit that day, I try and just eat at my maintenance calories, never over that. Weight loss is 95% in the kitchen unfortunately. I wish I could eat what I ate 70 pounds ago, but I would have to workout for 8 hours a day to burn it all off.

Very very true. I can't even allow myself a cheat meal tho because I have no control. I'm cold turkey or no diet at all. That seems to be my only way to succeed

If you make it to our Vegas event this year you are getting a cheat meal, on me and I'm goi g to blow you up with good food

Very very true. I can't even allow myself a cheat meal tho because I have no control. I'm cold turkey or no diet at all. That seems to be my only way to succeed

You are going to have to break that man... It is impossible to live the rest of your life not eating things you enjoy. Eventually, if you stick with the healthy eating long enough, you will reach your goals.. When you reach them, you have to maintain. I couldn't imagine maintaining without having foods you enjoy, it is a recipe for crash dieting.

If you make it to our Vegas event this year you are getting a cheat meal, on me and I'm goi g to blow you up with good food

Oh god... I will be in Vegas provided I get in and at that point I should hopefully be maintaining a 90 pound weight loss.. It isn't possible to gain it all back in one meal right?

I am in as long as it isn't 2 Monte Cristos and a brownie sundae or whatever abomination you ate at Bennigans :alien:

Oh god... I will be in Vegas provided I get in and at that point I should hopefully be maintaining a 90 pound weight loss.. It isn't possible to gain it all back in one meal right?

I am in as long as it isn't 2 Monte Cristos and a brownie sundae or whatever abomination you ate at Bennigans :alien:

Haha. That is what I ate and man was I younger then. Still left toilet dreams however.
And was still worth it.

But yes, if you get in, we shall dine on real food.

Haha. That is what I ate and man was I younger then. Still left toilet dreams however.
And was still worth it.

But yes, if you get in, we shall dine on real food.

100% in brother.

Insanity day 1 fit test in the books.
Compared to the first go around last time i exceeded reps in 5 exercises tied in 1 and did worse in 2 (ran out of gas late) oh and i didnt throw up like last time either

Been a really long time since I sweat this much

Insanity day 1 fit test in the books.
Compared to the first go around last time i exceeded reps in 5 exercises tied in 1 and did worse in 2 (ran out of gas late) oh and i didnt throw up like last time either

Haha, not throwing up is a huge victory!

Haha, not throwing up is a huge victory!
To be fair i havent eaten dinner yet.

I believe last time i did it after eating lasagna 20 minutes before

Back