2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

97d05a704352665b5dc86052b24fc1a9.jpg

Making this tonight for Lee and I

Grilled Mediterranean Chicken with Quinoa salad thanks to skinny taste website.
Looks like a meal for for a king....errrr I mean captain

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Looks like a meal for for a king....errrr I mean captain

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It was actually pretty damn good. I was doubtful honestly.

It was actually pretty damn good. I was doubtful honestly.

Her stuff is usually really good. I find her recipes quite dependable.

This week I am making something in the crockpot each night. All recipes are coming from The Healthy Slow Cooker Revolution.

51NCZG05FxL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'll be watching to see what works. Hahah I usually wait for you guys to talk something up before I take the plunge. But now that Lee is on SkinnyTaste.com I'm sure she's going to wear me skinny there! Hahaha

Pork chops were pretty good. Although the sauce had a weird texture that I didn't love.

Tonight it's Spanish chicken and quinoa stew. Here is a picture from the book. Hopefully mine looks as good.

ff35641a33facfe7120f25a27012b1e3.jpg

Making skinnytaste asparagus risotto tonight, we don't usually like asparagus but I'm convinced its HOW we have tried it, we recently saw the same with Brussels sprouts.

Pork chops were pretty good. Although the sauce had a weird texture that I didn't love.

Tonight it's Spanish chicken and quinoa stew. Here is a picture from the book. Hopefully mine looks as good.

ff35641a33facfe7120f25a27012b1e3.jpg
My soups NEVER look like the pictures.
Making skinnytaste asparagus risotto tonight, we don't usually like asparagus but I'm convinced its HOW we have tried it, we recently saw the same with Brussels sprouts.
I could eat Brussels sprouts every day. A little EVOO, fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper and roast in the oven at 450* for 15-20 minutes. Delicious.

My soups NEVER look like the pictures.

I could eat Brussels sprouts every day. A little EVOO, fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper and roast in the oven at 450* for 15-20 minutes. Delicious.

When I can find Brussels sprouts at a good price, I love to make dish where I bake apples, polish sausage and Brussels sprouts for about 30 minutes. Used to hate Brussels sprouts, but they have become one of my favorite vegetables.

Pizza was provided for the group today and I passed on it for salad. That was a little rough but happy I stayed away.

I'm down to 185 with another 10lbs. to go. I've been eating healthier, especially during the week. I've been packing a lunch most days and very often it's a sandwich made with this. I can now easily bump up the miles spent on my bike now that it's light out until 7:30 pm so these last 10 lbs. should be gone in 5 or 6 weeks.

712mGguWDVL._SX522_.jpg

Pizza was provided for the group today and I passed on it for salad. That was a little rough but happy I stayed away.

Awesome strength. Today is my twins 17th birthday. I said no to the pancakes this morning. No to the Chick-Fil-A I took to lunch at school, with milkshakes. And tonight no to the Carvel ice-cream cake. And no they dont normally eat like this. They swim hours a day so they burn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cover it in butter, wrap it in bacon, then grill it. If you really want to get crazy sprinkle some cheese and/or panko bread crumbs over them.

Cover it in butter, wrap it in bacon, then grill it. If you really want to get crazy sprinkle some cheese and/or panko bread crumbs over them.

That sort of negates the healthy aspect haha

Since this is the weight loss thread, none of that will fly. Hahahaha

I'm doing the paleo/Keto diet so I'm good with it for now minus the panko. But I understand.

We could always go with the thought that the healthiness of the asparagus counteracts the fat in the butter and bacon.

Note to self, I do not like the taste of saffron. I just tasted my stew/soup and the saffron is all I can taste. I am hoping if I put enough cilantro in there it will cover the flavor a bit.

Note to self, I do not like the taste of saffron. I just tasted my stew/soup and the saffron is all I can taste. I am hoping if I put enough cilantro in there it will cover the flavor a bit.

I too hate saffron. It overwhelms most dishes. Just hate it.

I am so mad that I put it in there. I forgot the last time I made paella, that I learned I hated saffron. Any suggestions to cover the flavor? I was thinking a crap load of cilantro.

Cilantro and more broth. Try and cut the flavor. What else is in the soup?

Cilantro and more broth. Try and cut the flavor. What else is in the soup?

Onion, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, quinoa, paprika, chicken broth and chicken. And then I am supposed to mix parsley with a chopped up red pepper and some sherry vinegar, and then top it all off with some avacado.

Onion, garlic, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, quinoa, paprika, chicken broth and chicken. And then I am supposed to mix parsley with a chopped up red pepper and some sherry vinegar, and then top it all off with some avacado.

Add more broth and tomato paste. Little by little until the saffron goes down a bit.

Will do, thanks for the help! Ugh, why does it have to taste so bad?

And to think some people absolutely love it and OVER spice with it. Yuck.

Might toss in a few more veggies too if it gets too brothy.

Back