2018-2019 College Basketball Season

Has Michigan State been in 1 in 3 Final Fours in the last 24 years?

Texas Tech is blowing it

HUGE 3 by Texas Tech!

Great, and unexpected, win by Texas Tech

I'm convinced that some of these elite programs pay the players to come to their schools.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

(I only bring it up because yet another of our state's blue chippers is leaving the state for one of the elite schools.)

I mean, Michigan State is in 1 in 3 Final Fours in the last 24 years? Because the weather is so great there?

Assuming they go on to win tomorrow (and I don't think they will), had you put $ on TT to win it prior to the season, the odds were 100 to 1 for them to win it all.

Assuming they go on to win tomorrow (and I don't think they will), had you put $ on TT to win it prior to the season, the odds were 100 to 1 for them to win it all.

There's a guy out there that wins $300k if Texas Tech wins based on the bet he made prior to the season. The sports book that he made the bet with offered him a $65k payout prior to the Final Four and he turned it down.

I'm convinced that some of these elite programs pay the players to come to their schools.

Am I the only one who thinks this?

(I only bring it up because yet another of our state's blue chippers is leaving the state for one of the elite schools.)

I mean, Michigan State is in 1 in 3 Final Fours in the last 24 years? Because the weather is so great there?

Where there is big money, there is greed.
It would not surprise me one bit. You win or you are out. And with the $$$ coaches get paid, they either want to maintain their lifestyle or aspire to get there.

I have a die-hard Univ of Michigan fan as a colleague who has been railing after the success Central Florida had in March Madness, CFU HAS to be up to no good based upon the meteoric rise of both their football and basketball programs.

Hmmmmm. Michigan football tried taking their spring training to Florida (not cheating but a recruiting scam instead and forced to stop). Two-three years ago the football team went to Normandy for their "team trip" and recently to Italy. The same opportunities every student at UM receives. Right!

There's a guy out there that wins $300k if Texas Tech wins based on the bet he made prior to the season. The sports book that he made the bet with offered him a $65k payout prior to the Final Four and he turned it down.

That's a tough call - were I forced to have made it, I might have took the $65K.

Where there is big money, there is greed.
It would not surprise me one bit. You win or you are out. And with the $$$ coaches get paid, they either want to maintain their lifestyle or aspire to get there.

I have a die-hard Univ of Michigan fan as a colleague who has been railing after the success Central Florida had in March Madness, CFU HAS to be up to no good based upon the meteoric rise of both their football and basketball programs.

Hmmmmm. Michigan football tried taking their spring training to Florida (not cheating but a recruiting scam instead and forced to stop). Two-three years ago the football team went to Normandy for their "team trip" and recently to Italy. The same opportunities every student at UM receives. Right!

Some of the college basketball coaches (and certainly football, too) come off as real greasy to me. It's part of the reason I'm not terribly into NCAA basketball and football.

About that missed double-dribble call...

National Championship - 9:20 ET

Virginia
Texas Tech

One Shining Moment - approx. 11:45 ET

Texas Tech is #1 in kenpom adjusted defensive efficiency. Virginia is #5. Both teams give up well under 1 pt/possession on defense. Virginia plays at a very slow pace. It seems safe to say that this game will not be in the 80s.

About that missed double-dribble call...

Yep, I hate how hard it is to get an intentional foul cLled vs an unintentional one.

If you call the jersey grab they are I bounding from their own end correct? I'm going off memory but that seems like it would be correct.

Doesn't matter, hit just a few shots in the first 35 minutes of the game and it's not close enough to put it in the refs hands.

UCLA looking for Wooden glory again after years of afterthought coaches. First it was Calipari with $8 mil per year offer and were turned down, now it's Coach of the Year Rick Barnes and a $5+ mil buyout clause and undisclosed salary.

Stay Rick! You have a great deal here and a hugely supportive fan base. You certainly do not need the money, and your ego is screwed on right.

Rock
Go Big Orange

That would be tough, I think I might have to take the guaranteed money.

Yep, I hate how hard it is to get an intentional foul cLled vs an unintentional one.

If you call the jersey grab they are I bounding from their own end correct? I'm going off memory but that seems like it would be correct.

Doesn't matter, hit just a few shots in the first 35 minutes of the game and it's not close enough to put it in the refs hands.

Yes, this being called a foul would've put the inbound in the backcourt at 0:06, instead of in the frontcourt at 0:05.

Such a good basketball game.

Such a good basketball game.

What a terrible shot to take with 10 secs on the clock. Why wouldn’t you push it up the floor?!

What a terrible shot to take with 10 secs on the clock. Why wouldn’t you push it up the floor?!
It was a bonehead timeout thing there too

Back