2018 THP Thanksgiving Feast Picture Contest

Weird year for us this Thanksgiving, we had our family Thanksgiving dinner last Saturday because both daughters are having Thanksgiving day with others (one with her in-laws, the other is traveling).

We had a great traditional dinner Saturday evening, I smoked the turkey as I do every year, with apple wood this time, and it came out great. As usual I boiled down the carcass afterwards, some will make smoked turkey soup (best soup ever!), but I think I'm going to make a smoked turkey gumbo for the wife and I on Thanksgiving day.

So, maybe I'll be posting pics of a somewhat non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner, even though gumbo isn't all that photogenic.

GolferGal makes a couple of the sides today and this is one of them. It’s a spinach and artichoke bread pudding.

09db830c42645d804673e075606d8b98.jpg

Can't wait to see everyone's spreads over the next couple days. I have 2 meals on Thursday and 1 on Saturday.

Anyone ever done a turkey in an oil-less fryer? Read some good reviews on one. I like fried turkey, but don't necessarily want to deal with oil and the risk of flame ups.

Are you talking like a giant air fryer? I have one for smaller things, but can see the appeal to throw a turkey in there. A friend told me a steak in an air fryer is good, so I'd think a turkey would be too!

GolferGal makes a couple of the sides today and this is one of them. It’s a spinach and artichoke bread pudding.

09db830c42645d804673e075606d8b98.jpg

My wife is freaking drooling at that right now!

My wife is freaking drooling at that right now!

It’s kind of like our second stuffing and her first time making it this year, but it’s delicious.

We will post a picture of each dish.

This is always a fun thread. Love to see everyone's huge setups. We are having a smaller group than normal this year, but I'm sure my wife will still be going all out. I'll be taking pictures.

Gotta love doing Thanksgiving prep in the kitchen on the turkeys and Juvenile Back Dat Azz Up comes on in the house on the playlist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bread is baking

c4e56d4fdfcc6ff753e95010b9da3f7f.jpg

Did you know that the clear deep drawers in the refrigerator are a great place to brine your turkeys.

Here is the absolute best way to cook a turkey. They are the most delicious turkey's I've ever had when cooked this way.

I would try that, but I'd be afraid my garbage can would melt and I have NO IDEA where I'd get tin foil nowadays.

Love the smell of garlic roasting in the oven. House smells awesome!

Garlic and onions always make the house smell so good.

Can’t wait to see all the pictures!
garlic ready for tomorrow!
30c63cb3995f800234b98bff37070f3e.jpg

Gonna be a fun picture of Pizza Hut coming tomorrow! Joking....maybe....

We're missing out on our traditional dinner at her grandmother's because her mom has to work the next day. So we're headed to Nashville for a steak dinner with her mom and stepdad at Flemings. It's not a traditional turkey dinner, but I think I'll survive. ��

202d08d90ccc0a97dfa59a2d5bad95fe.jpg

Homemade Cranberry sauce

b7a102f0d8c86db043165435abffd54d.jpg

Deviled eggs mixture.

More tomorrow

We're missing out on our traditional dinner at her grandmother's because her mom has to work the next day. So we're headed to Nashville for a steak dinner with her mom and stepdad at Flemings. It's not a traditional turkey dinner, but I think I'll survive. ��

You'll live. Steak > turkey anyway. Enjoy!

It’s has begun!!!!!
c01b18286a4d0652337a0a8fda489462.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back