2018 THP Thanksgiving Feast Picture Contest

Can't wait to see the deliciousness that will be in this thread. I've grown tired of plain turkey cooked in the electric roaster and my family refuses to do a fried turkey so I've decided I'm going to smoke a 8 lb. turkey breast to add to dinner this year.

Can't wait to see the deliciousness that will be in this thread. I've grown tired of plain turkey cooked in the electric roaster and my family refuses to do a fried turkey so I've decided I'm going to smoke a 8 lb. turkey breast to add to dinner this year.

We have a ridiculous menu this year and I am not sure what to think (Im excited).
2 Turkey Breasts
Ham
Meatballs
Sausage

And then apps and sides for days. @GolferGal has put together a crazy menu for our friends and family coming over and I cannot wait.
I am in charge of Turkey this year so they are getting brined, injected and then smoked.

We have a ridiculous menu this year and I am not sure what to think (Im excited).
2 Turkey Breasts
Ham
Meatballs
Sausage

And then apps and sides for days. @GolferGal has put together a crazy menu for our friends and family coming over and I cannot wait.
I am in charge of Turkey this year so they are getting brined, injected and then smoked.

Sounds delicious. What are you brining it in?

url

A-16771580

Sounds delicious. What are you brining it in?

I posted it in the BBQ and Smoking thread a while back. I am going with a maple bourbon brine.

For a full turkey

5 quarts of water
1 cup of kosher salt
3/4 cup of bourbon
1 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
3-4 Bay Leaves broken up
2 TBS of Black Peppercorns

I posted it in the BBQ and Smoking thread a while back. I am going with a maple bourbon brine.

For a full turkey

5 quarts of water
1 cup of kosher salt
3/4 cup of bourbon
1 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup brown sugar
3-4 Bay Leaves broken up
2 TBS of Black Peppercorns

Yep I'm stealing that haha

Yep I'm stealing that haha

We did a couple of trials and this one was BY FAR the best we made. Used the meater to make sure it was cooked perfectly and it came out AMAZING.

I'll be submitting this year - Thanksgiving is the best family meal of the year!

When I was a small kid I thought Thanksgiving was to celebrate my birthday - LOL

We use to have some great Thanksgiving feasts with family just a couple of years ago at my house, and my wife is a wonderful cook. But now with practically all our family members either dead and gone or too sick, I suggested to my wife that we just go to a Chinese buffet and then home to watch a movie plus a little football. She insists that she still wants to cook the traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings, so I suggested that we invite a neighbor over who is single and alone to enjoy the meal with us, but I think the neighbor currently has a bad flu-bug. Have to see how it goes. I know the food will be awesome. Shame there won't be more people to enjoy it.

Ill have prep, mess, food, cleanup, sleeping in chair pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celebrating with my moms side of the family in the panhandle for thanksgiving this year, and can’t wait to post some pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Turkey Breasts
Ham
Meatballs
Sausage

Official Menu

Apps
Whipped Feta dip with pita wedges
Brie & Preserves mini tarts

Dinner
Turkey
Ham
Meatballs
Sausage
Cornbread, apple, sausage stuffing
Spinach and artichoke stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Mac 'n Cheese
Corn casserole
Sweet potato Soufle
Sweet glazed carrots
Root vegetable casserole
Homemade cranberry sauce
Homemade Challah bread

Dessert
Key Lime Pie
Peanut butter Pie

Brie and preserves are a damn good app. Staple at our family dinners.

I am being super lazy this year. Tofurky roast, mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and maybe green beans.

I'll probably do more cooking for the dogs/rabbits lol

Official Menu

Apps
Whipped Feta dip with pita wedges
Brie & Preserves mini tarts

Dinner
Turkey
Ham
Meatballs
Sausage
Cornbread, apple, sausage stuffing
Spinach and artichoke stuffing
Mashed potatoes
Mac 'n Cheese
Corn casserole
Sweet potato Soufle
Sweet glazed carrots
Root vegetable casserole
Homemade cranberry sauce
Homemade Challah bread

Dessert
Key Lime Pie
Peanut butter Pie

Im hungry!

Since Alyssa and I coulnd't stop arguing over where we were going for Thanksgiving, it's looking like 1:00 pm at her parents house; and then 5:00 pm at my parents house. That is a fat kids dream right there.

Should be plenty of opportunities for pictures.

Since Alyssa and I coulnd't stop arguing over where we were going for Thanksgiving, it's looking like 1:00 pm at her parents house; and then 5:00 pm at my parents house. That is a fat kids dream right there.

Should be plenty of opportunities for pictures.
Gotta love those arguments that just end up in more food

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Love this thread. Some good food pics posted every year. Still figuring out our menu, kind of last minute this year.

We have a simple menu but it’s always tasty. I’m super pumped to eat with my family. And I’m excited to see some good food pics.

Brine is made and turkeys are in it.

Brine is made and turkeys are in it.

I used your brine recipe and put the frozen turkey in it last night. Plan to inject it with creole butter before putting in the smoker tomorrow.

My daughter and I also made a chocolate coconut cheesecake. Very interested to see how they both turn out

I used your brine recipe and put the frozen turkey in it last night. Plan to inject it with creole butter before putting in the smoker tomorrow.

My daughter and I also made a chocolate coconut cheesecake. Very interested to see how they both turn out

Thats awesome.
I will be injecting with some melted butter mixed with a little poultry rub.
And right before that, I use some melted butter and rub the bird under the skin where i can.
Then while on the smoker, I drizzle some melted butter on it as a basting method.

Anyone ever done a turkey in an oil-less fryer? Read some good reviews on one. I like fried turkey, but don't necessarily want to deal with oil and the risk of flame ups.

Here is the absolute best way to cook a turkey. They are the most delicious turkey's I've ever had when cooked this way.

Buddy and I are coming for ~50 at work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back