2018 Ultimate Testing with Titleist - Travel Thread

If you are looking for a course, and dont want to deal with Orlando traffic, just play the other course at Mission Inn.
We are doing both rounds on El Campeon, which is awesome. They have a second course there that is decent. Its called Los Colinas. Im sure if the organizer gets a head count and calls, explains you are in an event that begins that Friday night, they will give you a deal on the rate.

To piggyback on this, the second course is usually a little quieter since it’s the sister course and groups would probably be able to fly around it in a decent pace.

That makes a ton of sense. Good suggestion Zack and thanks Wardy & JB for chiming in. I can call in the week if that’s ok with everyone.

Zack, that means you can meet us up right there at Mission Inn. Orlandoites are welcome to jump in for the Friday round too. Once I’m on the computer can look up the Orlando area thread and post in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

”Updated the 1st post with arrival info.”

Looks like you have done this before. This is my first THP trip so very glad to have some vets on this trip!

It’s my second, but a fellow named @OITW and his sidekick @greg19 took care of me throughout the first time.

We have a few event vets in. I think JohnSinVa and Zack were in the Gauntlet last year. Doubt this is Desmond’s first go around. We’ll try and make sure everyone has a great time. Also try to take as much off JB’s plate by making sure we’re all where we’re supposed to be, post updates, etc. After this weekend you’re probably going to want to be in a bunch more - they’re something else

That makes a ton of sense. Good suggestion Zack and thanks Wardy & JB for chiming in. I can call in the week if that’s ok with everyone.

Zack, that means you can meet us up right there at Mission Inn. Orlandoites are welcome to jump in for the Friday round too. Once I’m on the computer can look up the Orlando area thread and post in there.

Yes sir! What time are we thinking for a tee time?

Yes sir! What time are we thinking for a tee time?

I like BriMac’s 11:30-12:00 pm recommendation. Think the last group should be on the course by 12:30 or 1 at the very latest if we want to try and get 18 in, but would rather not cut it that close. So yeah...you’re still looking at an early wake up call but hopefully not crazy early.

I like BriMac’s 11:30-12:00 pm recommendation. Think the last group should be on the course by 12:30 or 1 at the very latest if we want to try and get 18 in, but would rather not cut it that close. So yeah...you’re still looking at an early wake up call but hopefully not crazy early.

Doesn’t bother me at all. Plus driving by myself that early, I’ll make it in under 6 for sure

I am in for Las Colinas as well. Makes total sense to play there. If we can't fit all 18 in we can peel off whenever we need to time wise. Count me in!

+1 for Las Colinas, its on site and a good "warmup" course for the weekend. The golf folks at Mission Inn have always been super awesome to work with when I dealt with them in the past so Im sure they will be flexible with you guys

So I went ahead and called mission inn and asked about Las Colinas on the 23rd. They didn’t have a lot of tee times left so I reserved 2 tee times: 11:29am and 11:37am. $99 a person was the best rate. I can change/cancel if this doesn’t work for the group but just let me know who’s in/out!

Last edited:
So I went ahead and called mission inn and asked about Las Colinas on the 23rd. They didn’t have a lot of tee times left so I reserved 2 tee times: 11:29am and 11:37am. $99 a person was the best rate. I can change/cancel if this doesn’t work for the group but just let me know who’s in/out!

Still finalizing plans, but it looks like I'll be going to FL a couple of days early to visit a client, and they are only 1.5 hr north of Mission Inn. So I can make that tee time.

Oof, not sure Las Colinas is worth $99, but then again cant beat the convienence

Oof, not sure Las Colinas is worth $99, but then again cant beat the convienence

That’s what I was thinking. I suppose getting a group of 7 back to back tee times in a very small window of time to play before dinner is going to force us to bite the bullet.

Especially for people staying at the resort...

It's still high season at that time... tried Streamsong and can't even stay there, and the rates are $260 to play. Wait a month and the rates decrease, wait 'till summer hits, and it's even less.

Zack,

I am good for whatever. Thanks!

Hold that thought, I will check on pricing, that seems a bit high, but it is totally peak season and not summer. Im calling now for you.

Hold that thought, I will check on pricing, that seems a bit high.

Will do. Thanks for checking.

Thanks Zack and JB. It seems high but I’d be good due to the convenience.
I think that week is Spring Break which could lead to courses in the area being full.

Okay Zack,
Call the proshop back and tell them that you are playing in the THP Event and per the agreement, they are now offering $70 rates for Las Colinas for golf outside the package. If they have any questions, please kindly suggest they speak to their group sales as its now an addendum to our contract.

They are all so excited to have this group.

Okay Zack,
Call the proshop back and tell them that you are playing in the THP Event and per the agreement, they are now offering $70 rates for Las Colinas for golf outside the package. If they have any questions, please kindly suggest they speak to their group sales as its now an addendum to our contract.

That's how you do it right there, folks.

Thanks, JB. Now if you can get me a rate to stay on Sunday night ...

I am in - - THANKS. And Thanks JB for the rate cut! Now need to make sure the flight lands on time. I won't expect JB to help, but just in case...

Okay Zack,

Just called and they confirmed. $70 for the round at Las Colinas on the 23rd. Thanks JB for your help!!

Thanks, JB. Now if you can get me a rate to stay on Sunday night ...

Just spoke to them and she was great. She said as long as rooms are available, they can extend your stay. Cost is $170 per night.

Back