2019/2020 Soccer Thread

Just now watching the Mancheater derby in the league cup and loving the first 40 minutes so far.

i missed that this was on and as the final score. Seems like it was a good one to watch.

Premier League TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Saturday, January 11

Liverpool wins again, this time 1-0 over Spurs. 17 points clear of City after 21 games.

All times Eastern

Sunday, January 12

All times Eastern.

Saturday, January 18
  • Watford vs. Spurs, 7:30am, NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Hulu Live, Sling Blue and AT&T TV Now (free trial)
  • Arsenal vs. Sheffield United, 10am, NBCSN, Universo, fuboTV, Hulu Live, Sling Blue and AT&T TV Now (free trial)
  • Man City vs. Crystal Palace, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
  • Brighton vs. Aston Villa, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
  • Norwich vs. Bournemouth, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
  • Southampton vs. Wolves, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
  • West Ham vs. Everton, 10am, NBC Sports Gold
  • Newcastle vs. Chelsea, 12:30pm, NBC, Universo, fuboTV, Hulu Live, Sling Blue and AT&T TV Now (free trial)

How Tottenham didn’t score there is beyond me. That was the slimmest of margins as I’ve ever seen.

How Tottenham didn’t score there is beyond me. That was the slimmest of margins as I’ve ever seen.
They seem more listless offensively with Mourinho than they were with Pochettino. I know they’re missing Kane but they have others who should score.

They seem more listless offensively with Mourinho than they were with Pochettino. I know they’re missing Kane but they have others who should score.

yeah, they seem a little disorganized through the middle. I think what Mourinho wants tactically he doesn’t have the bodies to do it. And Deli Ali has never been a great asset

Pep needs to stop with the constant rotating. Jesus, aguero and mahrez are on fire. Sterling is in a real slump. So of course he drops mahrez and Jesus and plays sterling. plus John stones needs selling.

Liverpool-ManU will likely be bad ugly.

Liverpool-ManU will likely be bad ugly.
They always are. Even when they were both competing for the title the games were very poor. Just 100mph kicking it out. There was either a free kick or a throw in every 15 seconds.

They always are. Even when they were both competing for the title the games were very poor. Just 100mph kicking it out. There was either a free kick or a throw in every 15 seconds.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Liverpool blowout.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Liverpool blowout.
i thought that but wasn’t sure ?

yes united should get battered.

Last edited:
Yup however not the United of old - I think they nab the EPL title this year
can't say i understand this comment?? watching lfc play is a pure joy. i occasionally get a touch worked up when sala gets selfish. There could have been at least one, likely 2 more goals yesterday if he passed the ball. but i understand he needs goals and stats to keep his position and they do pay him to score. withouth premier league tv us viewers seldom see wolverhampton play. when i saw them play lfc about a month ago i was impressed with their play and took note to watch them when ever they played on nbcsn. they are solid right now and seem to be "on the cusp" of great things. damn, adama is an absolute beast of a player. his game yesterday was top notch

FA Cup TV schedule
All times Eatern.

Saturday, January 25
  • Brentford vs. Leicester City (FA Cup 4th Round), 7:45am, ESPN+
  • Southampton vs. Spurs (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Millwall vs. Sheffield United (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Reading vs. Carlisle United or Cardiff City (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • West Ham vs. West Brom (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Burnley vs. Norwich (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Coventry vs. Birmingham City (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Newcastle vs. Oxford (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Portsmouth vs. Barnsley (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Hull vs. Chelsea (FA Cup 4th Round), 12:30pm, ESPN+

FA Cup TV schedule
All times Eastern.

Sunday, January 26
  • Manchester City vs. Fulham (FA Cup 4th Round), 8am, ESPN+
  • Tranmere vs. Manchester United (FA Cup 4th Round), 10am, ESPN+
  • Shrewsbury vs. Liverpool (FA Cup 4th Round), Noon, ESPN+

FA Cup TV schedule
Eastern time.

Monday, January 27
Bournemouth vs. Arsenal (FA Cup 4th Round), 3pm, ESPN+

Not a soccer guy.....BUT......was on a golf trip a few years ago. My first visit to Wales. Stayed in Swansea.....Had the good fortune that they were in town for a game. The town was rocking with fans. Good stuff.

Finally got around to watching City lose to United. But still make the League Cup final.

How early will Liverpool clinch the championship? It’s going to be very early. They’re amazing.

How early will Liverpool clinch the championship? It’s going to be very early. They’re amazing.
Southampton actually played a good first half, only for Liverpool to wake up and crush them in the final 45 minutes.

Back