2019 Toulon Putter Thread

Is there one at THP hq?

7b5002b6d83f571acb4eb4bafd2a22ca.jpg

Well, that’s awesome.

The little changes made in the Austin are soooo good.

It’s been taken already (via message). Canadan will Be rolling it this weekend and will provide feedback.

Well I’m jealous.

Oh man. These are amazing! Dan is a lucky, lucky guy.

I can't wait to see how this shaft pairs up with the Toulon head. As impressed as I've been with the insert version putting it together with that milled face may bring a tear to my eye.

Oh man. These are amazing! Dan is a lucky, lucky guy.

I'm just rolling a putter, buddy. hahahaha!

It's going to be a fantastic and BUSY weekend. I'm pumped to add this to the list of things to look forward to experiencing.

I'm just rolling a putter, buddy. hahahaha!

It's going to be a fantastic and BUSY weekend. I'm pumped to add this to the list of things to look forward to experiencing.

Still a lucky guy! I’m real excited to hear thoughts.

7c5f67f290c60e579b1550308a4ae5ca.jpg

How does everyone here deal with the sand, grass, moisture that comes with that deep milling?

I like what it does for these putters, but now that it has been extended beyond the hitting area, the issues I do have are going to increase.
Brushing it off with my fingers or wiping it with a towel has not always been enough to get the sand out, like it has with the putter it replaced.

I've used a plastic tee which is fine, and I have a club brush on my bag but I'm not wanting to go there and wear out that sexy finish.

How does everyone here deal with the sand, grass, moisture that comes with that deep milling?

I like what it does for these putters, but now that it has been extended beyond the hitting area, the issues I do have are going to increase.
Brushing it off with my fingers or wiping it with a towel has not always been enough to get the sand out, like it has with the putter it replaced.

I've used a plastic tee which is fine, and I have a club brush on my bag but I'm not wanting to go there and wear out that sexy finish.

wet towels have always worked well for me.

I don't ever putt on a ball with loose dirt on it (very seldom am I willing to even off the green) so the opportunity for that kind of junk to get in the grooves in limited for me.

maybe a soft brush after each round with some warm water?

I've used my Austin in sandy conditions quite a bit. Just a wet towel and a brush with softer bristles seems to do the trick.

The sandy conditions will do more damage to the finish than any brush or towel will IMO.

I use a wet cloth or just the end of my tee to clear out the sand...sand does seem to accumulate in the tiny little milled slots...I tend to pull out an O Works when I know our greens have been sanded

I accept the challenge. That face mill and the new shafts are a story worth telling.

And I want to hear it. I think a stroke lab San Diego it at the top of my list to try.

Back