2020(1) Summer Olympics

It will probably be the strongest women's team in US history. Nearly all of the swimmers that have qualified thus far have posted the top time in the world this year and don't think any of them have been out of top 3 times in world this year. Men's team will probably be a little down from years past outside of Dressel.
Really impressive we’re seeing multiple records threatened considering there are plenty that still stand from the banned suit era.

Tainted meat excuse. Classic, but not always effective.

I mean, maybe don't eat sketchy pork dishes from the back of a truck when you are a world class athlete. 🤔

Just noticed we get to Chicago when it starts! GD team Olympic watch party!

2016 Gold Medalist Ryan Crouser sets world record in winning the shot put at Olympic Trials.

Top swimmer and defending gold medalist to miss the games because he won’t stop cheating.

Most all of us lived through the steroid era of baseball. I am shocked today when we hear about a baseball player getting suspended for performance enhancing substances. Sad this happens all the time in Olympic sports. I typically watch more winter Olympics than summer. I will watch the gold but have very little interest in anything else except maybe baseball. I will tune in for about 5 minutes of table tennis.

Sam Kendricks made the team in the pole vault. He is the 2 time defending world champion and is from my hometown. Incredibly nice kid. He's got some tough competition in a year when he hasn't performed as well as he can.

The Olympic field is set for golf!
1624389197064.png

Americans could finish 1-2-3...

🔥

I typically love the olympics. But I am feeling a bit disinterested this year for some reason.

How hard is it to stop smoking weed for the Olympics? Stupid rule, but no sympathy.

How hard is it to stop smoking weed for the Olympics? Stupid rule, but no sympathy.

All these elite athletes know the rules. So at that point, smoking was more important to her than going to the Olympics. Unfortunate, but yeah. No sympathy from me either.

That's because the women are better players... or have better coaching... or something. I don't know. Just speculating. I'm not really interested in soccer either mens or womens... and I'm even less interested in the olympics, but I couldn't let your thread stay empty.

I did think it was cool when the US men's team made it into whatever round of qualifier it was in the World Cup... and somehow wound up in the assassins' league or murderer's row or whatever it was with all of the hyper competitive teams and didn't stand a chance... <-- see? Told you I don't know soccer.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our women are better players than their competition, which is not as stiff as what the men face. Think about it. There are a lot of places in this world where women are simply NOT ALLOWED to participate in sports, whereas here, it is encouraged. And men from many more countries play soccer, and in some cases it is their national sport!

Don't get me wrong, love seeing our ladies achieve. But let's be realistic.

All these elite athletes know the rules. So at that point, smoking was more important to her than going to the Olympics. Unfortunate, but yeah. No sympathy from me either.

Actually, her Mother died while she was training out in Oregon or Washington, so yeah, maybe it was. Stress relief, pain relief, grief relief, who knows?

And I think it's absolutely stupid to test for marijuana any more. I think that it is very well established that pot is NOT a PED! It's for the things I mentioned above. It has been shown to be non-addictive and NOT a "gateway" drug.

You know what are gateway drugs? Opioid pain scrip medicines! And those are legal!

Announced today that no fans will be allowed at the games. Previously, they had only barred fans from outside of Japan. Now no Japanese fans will be allowed, It's definitely going to be different.

Announced today that no fans will be allowed at the games. Previously, they had only barred fans from outside of Japan. Now no Japanese fans will be allowed, It's definitely going to be different.
Hopefully these athletes can follow the rules while they’re at the games.

That's because the women are better players... or have better coaching... or something. I don't know. Just speculating. I'm not really interested in soccer either mens or womens... and I'm even less interested in the olympics, but I couldn't let your thread stay empty.

I did think it was cool when the US men's team made it into whatever round of qualifier it was in the World Cup... and somehow wound up in the assassins' league or murderer's row or whatever it was with all of the hyper competitive teams and didn't stand a chance... <-- see? Told you I don't know soccer.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

American boys and men are more focused on sports that will pay them millions, like baseball, basketball, football and hockey.

Girls and women in America have probably had more access to a soccer field than they ever did the other sports.

Regarding the US men, they have had some respectable performances at the World Cup through the years.

One of the greatest sports moments of my life was US Men against Algeria in the WC. That was such a special moment for me and one of the truly great sports moments of my life:

As for the women, with their turning of their backs to the anthem and taking knees, I just won't support them anymore and havent for a little while now. I actually actively root against them these days for their behavior.

I usually love watching the olympics, but events with no crowds? Even the best of sports need fans to create that atmosphere, but watching the 100m or the swimming events without a crowd is gonna be awful. Nope, worse than awful.

I usually love watching the olympics, but events with no crowds? Even the best of sports need fans to create that atmosphere, but watching the 100m or the swimming events without a crowd is gonna be awful. Nope, worse than awful.
As a former diver, I can say I won’t mind watching diving without crowds 😆

I am in agreement. I don’t know how much of the Olympics I’ll watch.

They should have just held them last year as they would have had no crowds last year either.

I am in agreement. I don’t know how much of the Olympics I’ll watch.
I may watch a bit of the golf but will probably pass on everything else, for a few reasons.

Ugh I kind of hate myself, but I think I want to watch that Jonas Bros Olympics feature…

Back