2020 Bridgestone Tour B Golf Balls

Apex!

Tour BX also spins quite well. Not as much as the BXS, but still a surprisingly high rate for what I would assume as being the lower spin ball between the 2 X balls for Bridgestone.

I think I need to give myself a day or two off from swinging, couldn't time my 4 iron at all. Launch was lower than usual for my clubs and my wrist and shoulder were starting to feel it.

Put this on the other Tour B thread, wanted to put it here too:

Little bump from the other day. Planning on getting 9i numbers tomorrow.

Some fun with these today in the "indoor facility", because....well.....where else am I going to be allowed to hit golf balls except my garage right now? :p

Anywho...I decided now that I do have a setup, golf ball testing is now easier, so why not have a little fun?

View attachment 8936635

Here was the setup for the shenanigans. I took my new 54 degree SM8, indoor setup, GC2, and all four of the different models with the goal of hitting some smoothies with each. Goal was to hone in around 110 yards (+ or - a few) while not making aggressive swings.

Disclaimer, I don't spin the ball as much as some of you, I get that. Nor am I a robot like on some of these YouTube videos out there, and @Canadan of course. But, I know there has been a lot of discussion about the spin differences between each golf ball with the new cover, so, why not take a look at them?

Tour B - X
X54-L.png

Tour B - XS
XS54-L.png

Tour B - RX
RX54-L.png

Tour B - RXS
RXS54-L.png
This is awesome data. Interesting that the spin difference is between the RX and RXS is 250 rpm and that X vs XS is only 100 rpm. Based on this data would you think that it matters more which ball meaning (RX v X) you choose not the model?

This is awesome data. Interesting that the spin difference is between the RX and RXS is 250 rpm and that X vs XS is only 100 rpm. Based on this data would you think that it matters more which ball meaning (RX v X) you choose not the model?
I can’t say yet, it’s just based on a 54 so we need to expand the data set out, and as long as my broken swing holds up, we will! Hahaha

That said, I’ve always felt the bigger delimitation between the offerings was the above and below “105” mark as opposed to RXS vs RX and X vs XS if that makes sense?

I appreciate you reading Jeremy!

I can’t say yet, it’s just based on a 54 so we need to expand the data set out, and as long as my broken swing holds up, we will! Hahaha

That said, I’ve always felt the bigger delimitation between the offerings was the above and below “105” mark as opposed to RXS vs RX and X vs XS if that makes sense?

I appreciate you reading Jeremy!

I look forward to seeing more data across the set. Keep it coming!

I look forward to seeing more data across the set. Keep it coming!
It shall be done. Busy work is the best work during this craziness!

Can anyone comment on the difference between the E12 soft and the new Tour B RX? I have been playing the E12 and like it off the tee and irons. I just got a good deal on the tour B RX by 3 get one free with a 15% discount. I'm hoping the Tour B RX will give me the same distance as the E12 soft but be better around the greens.

Can anyone comment on the difference between the E12 soft and the new Tour B RX? I have been playing the E12 and like it off the tee and irons. I just got a good deal on the tour B RX by 3 get one free with a 15% discount. I'm hoping the Tour B RX will give me the same distance as the E12 soft but be better around the greens.

I have found the Tour B RX better in every respect over the E12 soft. It's both longer and spins more around the greens.

Quick turnaround. Already ordered my 3+1 personalized dozen deal as well.
View attachment 8937202
Nearly identical numbers. I wanted more spin on greens so it gave me RXS... Nice to know it's accurate... Assume you picked more distance?

image011.jpg

Nearly identical numbers. I wanted more spin on greens so it gave me RXS... Nice to know it's accurate... Assume you picked more distance?

View attachment 8937646

so far yes, my garmin watch is showing about 15 yards further. Though there was a swing change in there as well, I still think the ball is longer. And really really good.

so far yes, my garmin watch is showing about 15 yards further. Though there was a swing change in there as well, I still think the ball is longer. And really really good.

Wow total or in the air(carry) ? Either way, great for you .....I was just getting comfortable with the B-RX until life stopped.....ugh.....soon

Waiting for this thread to blow up with stats again:)

I still need to get around to doing the V-fit. The lower back started hurting a little yesterday but hopefully I can do it tomorrow evening or this weekend.

Another solid round today with the Tour BRX. Such a great ball around the greens too. Spins beautiful.
This is my 3rd shot on a short par 4 where I was left with a 50 yard lob shot over a bunker. Easy 4.

7FAC45DB-7834-4972-8287-302BDD93D14A.jpeg

Another solid round today with the Tour BRX. Such a great ball around the greens too. Spins beautiful.
This is my 3rd shot on a short par 4 where I was left with a 50 yard lob shot over a bunker. Easy 4.

View attachment 8937896
I think the guy hitting the ball had something to do with that excellent shot!

Havent forgotten about my testing on these, swing just went so sideways last week I wanted to throw my clubs into my pond.

New week coming, and hopefully a couple installations into this one with 9i and 7i.

I finally remembered to submit a video for vfit. I am curious what they tell me to play and if I get results soon enough, will probably do a bulk buy of their recommendation. I have played RX mostly this year and 9 holes with RXS

I played the Tour BX yesterday and unfortunately my swing was a mess so I don’t have great feedback on full shots but I liked what I saw around the greens. It will take a bit to get used to because these check up a bit quicker then what I'm used to. I love that though and I can get a little more aggressive, I just need to adjust.

Off the putter it was a great feel with the Atlanta. A little harder and more crisp than the XS but still a satisfying feeling.

Back