To my knowledge there has not been one cross team positive case confirmed. The issue isn’t playing the games, it’s with the players on the sidelines together in close proximity. Especially, if not wearing masks.

The Steelers are not really in any danger. The Baltimore team can be by being in close contact for an extended period of time with affective team members.
No risk?? I’d disagree with that.... given the fact that Ravens broke protocol a couple different times and contact tracing is somewhat limited to defining high medium low risk of contact.... not reassuring when this team has like 20 positive cases

If active cases confirmed today the league cannot possibly allow this game to proceed if they truly have player safety and minimize potential spread.... Ravens players were bitching about lack of practice time.... Steelers should be bitching about risk of exposure.... but league really isn’t that concerned IMO
The article I read said an equipment manager and a late round draft pick that hasn’t played much were today’s new positives. They apparently social distanced and practiced outside with masks, and that’s how they are justifying going forward. It seems pretty crazy to me and I’m a little surprised the Steelers players or the union aren’t getting vocal.

The article I read said an equipment manager and a late round draft pick that hasn’t played much were today’s new positives. They apparently social distanced and practiced outside with masks, and that’s how they are justifying going forward. It seems pretty crazy to me and I’m a little surprised the Steelers players or the union aren’t getting vocal.
Just hope if/when Steelers come down with multiple exposures they Poot to this and the league bends over backwards to accommodate scheduled games 🙄

Just hope if/when Steelers come down with multiple exposures they Poot to this and the league bends over backwards to accommodate scheduled games 🙄
They could just as easily pin it on the Steelers own players already testing positive.

They could just as easily pin it on the Steelers own players already testing positive.
True but we’re talking 3 vs 22. Seems like contact tracing would be a bit easier with 3

The Union is placed in an interesting position because they represent all the players in the league and obviously the players on both these teams. Union President Smith was interviewed on ESPN Radio yesterday and was asked about the possibility of the game being forfeited. He seemed to indicate that there was no agreement between the league and the players regarding a forfeit. And one of the major issues would be that there is no mechanism to pay the players their game check for games that are forefeited.

I think it's completely ridiculous when you see what they did to the Broncos and this game is being played this afternoon. Goodell sucks.
I think NFL missed the mark for sure. Say they’re not worried about competitive advantage but player safety... isn’t it one in the same especially when you force a team to put a practice squad WR in as QB with pretty much zero snaps. League could have pushed game 1-2 days just like Ravens.

I think NFL missed the mark for sure. Say they’re not worried about competitive advantage but player safety... isn’t it one in the same especially when you force a team to put a practice squad WR in as QB with pretty much zero snaps. League could have pushed game 1-2 days just like Ravens.

Yup, the Broncos players should have threatened to strike just like the Ravens players.

The Union is placed in an interesting position because they represent all the players in the league and obviously the players on both these teams. Union President Smith was interviewed on ESPN Radio yesterday and was asked about the possibility of the game being forfeited. He seemed to indicate that there was no agreement between the league and the players regarding a forfeit. And one of the major issues would be that there is no mechanism to pay the players their game check for games that are forefeited.

The NFL could pay the players and then assess the teams for the salaries (~$13 million for this game.) Or so I've heard. That removes one obstacle to a forfeit, but the other is that the NFL has never had a forfeit, let alone one involving a late season undefeated team. The NFL wants to conserve the world's supply of asterisks.

It's too early to push this to a Week 18, because what happens if the Ravens or Steelers have another game rescheduled due to Covid?

I think it's highly likely all playoff teams will go into a bubble, especially when six of fourteen will be eliminated after one week, ten after two weeks.

True but we’re talking 3 vs 22. Seems like contact tracing would be a bit easier with 3
Oh I agree. Im just saying that will be the blame. The media knows no shame with this thing.

Disturbing footage: Eagles QB Carson Wentz was viciously attacked by a dog this morning outside his Philadelphia residence.

The NFL could pay the players and then assess the teams for the salaries (~$13 million for this game.) Or so I've heard. That removes one obstacle to a forfeit, but the other is that the NFL has never had a forfeit, let alone one involving a late season undefeated team. The NFL wants to conserve the world's supply of asterisks.

It's too early to push this to a Week 18, because what happens if the Ravens or Steelers have another game rescheduled due to Covid?

I think it's highly likely all playoff teams will go into a bubble, especially when six of fourteen will be eliminated after one week, ten after two weeks.

But what if your Steelers run the table and finish the season without a loss but with one win by forfeit. And how will that affect Mercury Morris?

But what if your Steelers run the table and finish the season without a loss but with one win by forfeit. And how will that affect Mercury Morris?

Hence my comments about conserving asterisks. I don't think a forfeit is the answer.

Oh I agree. Im just saying that will be the blame. The media knows no shame with this thing.
And here I thought you were baiting me to push my buttons.... I blame Mike Tomlin! ;)

It looks like today's game is a go.
One thing I think everyone learned this week, is the NFL no matter what is going to get in every game. Pitt had a Covid test positive today and they said game on.

One thing I think everyone learned this week, is the NFL no matter what is going to get in every game. Pitt had a Covid test positive today and they said game on.

That positive test was C Maurkice Pouncey, not an insignificant loss.

this is a crazy stat

RG3 looks like he still has the speed.

RGIII proving why he is a backup..that was not a good read on the INT

Disturbing footage: Eagles QB Carson Wentz was viciously attacked by a dog this morning outside his Philadelphia residence.

I've watched this several times today. Each time I watch it, It makes me laugh.

The fake crowd noise is driving me crazy. I can barely hear the announcers

:LOL: What a terrible play!!! :LOL:

Back