646FF7F0-5AB6-43A0-A91D-48BCEA738E1F.jpeg
This was just too cute to not post!

Funny but true.
68560bbe51d47b2dcc6f91cf198d89ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

NFL Network guy earlier today asked what the Mahomes contract does for Dak? “Nothing. He has less talent and has produced less, it should do nothing”

NFL Network guy earlier today asked what the Mahomes contract does for Dak? “Nothing. He has less talent and has produced less, it should do nothing”
Dak is barking up the wrong tree if he wants to compare himself to Mahomes and think he's gonna get paid like that. The NFL Network guy summed it up pretty well.

Dak is barking up the wrong tree if he wants to compare himself to Mahomes and think he's gonna get paid like that. The NFL Network guy summed it up pretty well.
He should be fantastic this year. Great o line. Great talent at every skill position around him. Anything short of extraordinary, and I would be looking for a replacement.

He should be fantastic this year. Great o line. Great talent at every skill position around him. Anything short of extraordinary, and I would be looking for a replacement.

Honest question: What do you think is a fair contract for him as of today?

Personally, I think Steven used the tag exactly to perfection. They are not 100% sold on Dak. Numbers are good but results were not. If Dak goes nuts they open the wallet and pay up. If another fall short year then they look at FA market and start looking at the draft for the next Hope.

Personally, I think Steven used the tag exactly to perfection. They are not 100% sold on Dak. Numbers are good but results were not. If Dak goes nuts they open the wallet and pay up. If another fall short year then they look at FA market and start looking at the draft for the next Hope.

4 years 100 million with incentives to get to 125. Personally I wouldnt give him that deal, but I think it’s a fair offer that can keep the Cowboys involved with protecting him, because what they have into skill players right now and Dak, means virtually nothing left in a couple of years. And Elliot is too high to do anything to better a team.

I agree the tag was perfected. And they could use it year too, but the cost goes up.

I think you are spot on. Cowboys were smart in how they used tag. Gives them time before they need to decide to give Dak a new contract.

4 years 100 million with incentives to get to 125. Personally I wouldnt give him that deal, but I think it’s a fair offer that can keep the Cowboys involved with protecting him, because what they have into skill players right now and Dak, means virtually nothing left in a couple of years. And Elliot is too high to do anything to better a team.

I agree the tag was perfected. And they could use it year too, but the cost goes up.

$31.5M this year, $37.7M next. Guess it beats paying him the $40M a year he wanted & doesn’t lock them up.

I totally disagree with that person. Sure, Dak isn’t going to get Mahomes money. But, I expect him to get more then Golf and Wentz. Frankly, he deserves it. I may think he isn’t in their caliber, however, his numbers and wins say otherwise.

I totally disagree with that person. Sure, Dak isn’t going to get Mahomes money. But, I expect him to get more then Golf and Wentz. Frankly, he deserves it. I may think he isn’t in their caliber, however, his numbers and wins say otherwise.

#PostSeasonRecord

I think the Cowboys are crazy not to give Dak $100m guaranteed and some 5 year per year that makes it look like it's 40m a year. They are spending 68M over the next 2 years. 32M is worth keeping you QB happy and if you really don't think he is the guy you're definitely getting a 1st minimum for him 2 years from now even if he is just okay. If you pull a Cousins double franchise tag you risk messing up your lockerroom. He's a top 10 QB and you have a Super Bowl caliber team that's capped out. Why would you risk that? I say that as a Niner fan that hopes the Cowboys mess this up.

I think the Cowboys are crazy not to give Dak $100m guaranteed and some 5 year per year that makes it look like it's 40m a year. They are spending 68M over the next 2 years. 32M is worth keeping you QB happy and if you really don't think he is the guy you're definitely getting a 1st minimum for him 2 years from now even if he is just okay. If you pull a Cousins double franchise tag you risk messing up your lockerroom. He's a top 10 QB and you have a Super Bowl caliber team that's capped out. Why would you risk that? I say that as a Niner fan that hopes the Cowboys mess this up.

Early reports is Dak wanted 4 years & Dallas wanted 5 & couldn’t be worked out.

That isn't even close to what were talking about for #'s the # is closer to what Russell Wilson got than 100 mil.
5 years 32mil a year with 50 guaranteed. is probably about right for Dak.

That isn't even close to what were talking about for #'s the # is closer to what Russell Wilson got than 100 mil.
5 years 32mil a year with 50 guaranteed. is probably about right for Dak.
Well they are already on the hook for 68 if they want him next year so 50M is a non-starter. If you think you are moving on from him next year trade him now. Russell got a 100M because it was 2 years ago and they didn't let it get to franchise tags. If he was doing it this year he'd get $150M guaranteed.

Yeah, that makes sense for Dak. But you can meet in the middle. Make him look like he's making $40m a year with a fluff contract that you can move on from in 2 years with a trade.

Yeah, that makes sense for Dak. But you can meet in the middle. Make him look like he's making $40m a year with a fluff contract that you can move on from in 2 years with a trade.
I am curious as to why they would move on from a Franchise QB whos is under 30? I don't recall seeing that from someone who can play.
Unless your suggesting they are going to draft another QB to replace Dak and I don't see JJ expending that while also paying Dak a hefty sum.
I could see them restructuring in 2 years to create more space.

I have season tickets but do not think there will be any fans in the stands this fall. I just don't see 65,000 fans in Gillette stadium with Covid still hanging around. What are your thoughts? I personally would attend the games since I already had Covid but wonder how many people would risk it?

That has been the report since last training camp. If they valued him and wanted him, he would have been signed by now. The fact that they have not paid their quarterback, but they pay Amari $20 million per year. That's ridiculous. Dak has not missed a start since he has been in the league and threw for almost 5,000 last year on a RUN-FIRST offense. The disrespect for Dak is unreal. Not to mention he was making $400,000-500,000 per year the first couple years of his career.

That has been the report since last training camp. If they valued him and wanted him, he would have been signed by now. The fact that they have not paid their quarterback, but they pay Amari $20 million per year. That's ridiculous. Dak has not missed a start since he has been in the league and threw for almost 5,000 last year on a RUN-FIRST offense. The disrespect for Dak is unreal. Not to mention he was making $400,000-500,000 per year the first couple years of his career.

No argument.....just cements the fact that the jury is still out w/ the front office on what they really want to do in this position. Doesn’t help they have a new coach in place either.....or will it?!

No argument.....just cements the fact that the jury is still out w/ the front office on what they really want to do in this position. Doesn’t help they have a new coach in place either.....or will it?!

Very valid point with the new coach. There is often a similar dynamic when a new General Manager is hired after there is already a Head Coach in place. In most cases, that Head Coach doesn't stick around long as the GM wants their own guy. I think there could be a similar situation here with Dak since McCarthy inherited him as a player.

I am curious as to why they would move on from a Franchise QB whos is under 30? I don't recall seeing that from someone who can play.
Unless your suggesting they are going to draft another QB to replace Dak and I don't see JJ expending that while also paying Dak a hefty sum.
I could see them restructuring in 2 years to create more space.

I have season tickets but do not think there will be any fans in the stands this fall. I just don't see 65,000 fans in Gillette stadium with Covid still hanging around. What are your thoughts? I personally would attend the games since I already had Covid but wonder how many people would risk it?
My point is you either pay him market value which starts at around $100M because you are committed to him for 68M minimum the next two years with some sort of 5 year deal that make it look like the highest QB besides Mahomes. That's what it is going to take to sign a long term deal. And you risk hurting your team next year if you franchise him again.

I wouldn't move on from him. I like Dak a lot. He's somewhere near the top 5 for me in that seond tier of QBs you can win a Super Bowl with. Outside of Mahomes, Russell, Watson, and probably Jackson and Wentz there's not a QB I'd rather commit to long term. (Before you point out Brees and Brady, I would not want to commit to them long term even though they might be better next year.)

My point is you either pay him market value which starts at around $100M because you are committed to him for 68M minimum the next two years with some sort of 5 year deal that make it look like the highest QB besides Mahomes. That's what it is going to take to sign a long term deal. And you risk hurting your team next year if you franchise him again.

I wouldn't move on from him. I like Dak a lot. He's somewhere near the top 5 for me in that seond tier of QBs you can win a Super Bowl with. Outside of Mahomes, Russell, Watson, and probably Jackson and Wentz there's not a QB I'd rather commit to long term. (Before you point out Brees and Brady, I would not want to commit to them long term even though they might be better next year.)
On what planet does market value start at around 100 million? 😀

He wants 4years and close to double that and reportedly turned down 5 years at 175 million.

Its easy to forget with that ridiculous talent around him and playing in a dreadful division, he has only 1 playoff win I believe.

Back