2020 Toulon Putter Thread

Low putts of the year for me with 32 yesterday. The Chicago was working in all directions. Hit a couple downhill putts with great touch, and also some longer lag putts with solid feel. Just love the versatility of this putter.

I bought the Chicago because I wanted something that blended the consistency, especially on longer lag putts, that I got with my mallet, and the touch and feel of a blade. Needless to say, this putter continues to give me the perfect blend of both. I had so much confidence standing over putts around 6 feet yesterday. Had 5 up and downs for the round, which is a personal best, mainly due to the performance of the Chicago.

I took the Chicago out to the practice green today and really enjoyed spending time with it. The looks are excellent, especially the black finish with the site dot on this custom. The feel is really nice but I can see why a couple of you recommended adding the heavier weight. It's a little light and I couldn't quite keep it as stable as I wanted throughout the stroke. I bet it's a short putt beast with a little extra weight.

I'll be giving it some run over the next couple weeks and looking forward to seeing what it can do for me.
I would like to try it with a 40 Gram weight on it to test.

Reactions: KEV
I would like to try it with a 40 Gram weight on it to test.
I tried that, way to heavy feeling for me but could work for others for sure. 20g is the sweet spot IMO.

Well, after experimenting with the 2-Ball Ten for a while, I have opted to put the Toulon Atlanta back in the bag. 28 putts today. I am firmly a milled putter kind of guy I guess.

I went back to the Chicago last round to see how it fared after a pretty lengthy timeout. The bad was that I had seven legit birdie putts and only cashed in one of them. The good was that the distance control was as good as I've had the last few weeks. I started the putts exactly where I wanted them so the reads were just poor. Feeling confident with it again. Enough so that I'm bringing it to a course I've never played this weekend so I'm excited to see how I do!

I went back to the Chicago last round to see how it fared after a pretty lengthy timeout. The bad was that I had seven legit birdie putts and only cashed in one of them. The good was that the distance control was as good as I've had the last few weeks. I started the putts exactly where I wanted them so the reads were just poor. Feeling confident with it again. Enough so that I'm bringing it to a course I've never played this weekend so I'm excited to see how I do!

Hopefully the putts start fallling!

I put the Las Vegas in for one round a week or so ago and took it right back out. The Chicago is to good to leave on the sideline for me.

I put the Las Vegas in for one round a week or so ago and took it right back out. The Chicago is to good to leave on the sideline for me.
You know I love to hear that!! Chicago ‘putt off’ in August!

Love the Chicago's looks, and it has performed well for me to begin the year. But after a few difficult rounds, thinking about trying to find a heavier plate for it . Other than just feeling a bit heavier, is there anything else that would change by going to a heavier weight?

My thinking is the heavier weight swings itself a bit more than a lighter head, if that makes sense. Easier to keep it on path. Instead of jumping ship and testing out some sort of mallet, just thought I'd give this a shot.

Love the Chicago's looks, and it has performed well for me to begin the year. But after a few difficult rounds, thinking about trying to find a heavier plate for it . Other than just feeling a bit heavier, is there anything else that would change by going to a heavier weight?

My thinking is the heavier weight swings itself a bit more than a lighter head, if that makes sense. Easier to keep it on path. Instead of jumping ship and testing out some sort of mallet, just thought I'd give this a shot.
Heavier weight will change the feel just a bit and it is noticeable. I will look tonight and let you know, but not sure I have a heavier plate. Sometimes the heavier plate can make all the difference.

My Las Vegas feels very light as well even though it is 365g just like my other putters. I even took out the 40g counter weight in hopes it would make the head feel heavier. I'm guessing it has something to do with the SL shaft.

@gkeller813 what weight is in there now? 7A probably.

My Las Vegas feels very light as well even though it is 365g just like my other putters. I even put on a lighter grip in hopes it would make the head feel heavier. Im guessing it has something to do with the SL shaft.
I too was wondering this, if the SL shaft and grip had something to do with the lighter feel of the head. Gives it a great feel, but sometimes makes the head seem too light, and this is where I have gotten into trouble leaving lag putts well short.

That is the weight I have in mine. Has a TOUR SNSR 1400cc grip.
Did you notice much of a difference going from the SL grip to the Tour SNSR? I have a Golf Pride 72cc Red Start cord grip I've been debating on. I prefer the grip, but was nervous to mess with the Grip, Shaft and head paring that is the SL package.

Just an FYI the SL grip plus the counterweight come out to be about 105g (65g grip and 40g counterweight). So that can be used as a baseline.

Just an FYI the SL grip plus the counterweight come out to be about 105g (65g grip and 40g counterweight). So that can be used as a baseline.
Thanks, appreciate that!

Did you notice much of a difference going from the SL grip to the Tour SNSR? I have a Golf Pride 72cc Red Start cord grip I've been debating on. I prefer the grip, but was nervous to mess with the Grip, Shaft and head paring that is the SL package.
Not at all. I asked this question while at ECPC and @Luke WilliamsCG said it is not an issue. I had both the Chicago and the Double Wide TT set up the same way.
SL shaft, 34.5", Tour SNSR 140cc grip.

@Snickerdog did you leave the SL counterweight in the shaft when you regripped?
The weight in the top of the stroke lab shaft is difficult to pull out, but needs to be pulled out and then put back in if you are going to cut the shaft to a different length.

Going to change out the 20g weight for a 35g weight courtesy of @Snickerdog . Excited to see how this plays out!

Excited to play the Chicago with the 35g weight tonight for 9 holes. Will report back later.

Back