Tour Event 2020 US Open Contest and Thread

"More loft on his putter than his driver?"

That's gotta be a huge exaggeration, right? I mean, I know he plays a low lofted driver, but does he have a high loft putter, too?
5.5 driver. 6° putter.

"More loft on his putter than his driver?"

That's gotta be a huge exaggeration, right? I mean, I know he plays a low lofted driver, but does he have a high loft putter, too?

I’ve heard it a few time this weekend. I think it’s something like 5.5* driver, 6* putter

USGA HQ with Bryson bombing it rn...

tenor.gif

impressive stuff from Bryson. haters gonna hate;)

Wolffie is leaking oil and coming in sideways on 3 wheels.

Go Bryson go!

138 left, that was a 370 yard drive by Bryson.

Wolff was so damn impressive yesterday, BUT I can't help but wonder how many good lies (aka lucky breaks) he got in the rough. Today can be a different story and he could easily have a Pat Reed-like Saturday during the final round.

There you go. He's hung in there, but you absolutely should get punished by US Open rough. Swing was on and he caught some breaks yesterday.

Funny that even with the thick rough and tough greens; bomb and gouge strategy will top the tourney for the final pairing.

This has to reignite the debate about distance

I think the opposite. If Thursday wasn’t easy I don’t think you see anyone under par right now. Their short games (putting included) are why they are leading imo. Getting out of the rough is more about brute strength of the modern athlete than equipment imo.

Funny that even with the thick rough and tough greens; bomb and gouge strategy will top the tourney for the final pairing.

This has to reignite the debate about distance
Don't think it will. The course was just set up perfectly for him. Everyone struggled to find the fairway and he's just really long and got the putter going!

Here you go @JB

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 5.24.05 PM.png

Nicely snugged up by Bulk

Question - Does Bryson length work on links courses though. Ones that are hard and fast. I see him being too long for those types myself

Well congrats Bryson on the win but damn this is boring now haha

Wolffie needs to check himself and just hang on to second place at this point. One more meltdown could bounce him down the board.

Question - Does Bryson length work on links courses though. Ones that are hard and fast. I see him being too long for those types myself

He hits his long irons pretty far. But mostly unsure if he can flight the ball low enough into the wind.

I was hoping this one would be a little closer down the stretch but I'm happy to see Bryson win it.

If you can manage these tight, tree lined fairways, you can place it well enough anywhere. The big thing for him would be how high he hits it if it's really blowing

Back