Tour Event 2021 Ryder Cup

Things I learned:

I love BMWs but I knew that before the RC (sorry, Dan, lol)

Happy Tiger and Phil are not playing - they did not really contribute to the team concept. Not their fault but their presence was a distraction. They'll do better as Captains.

DJ was great as the old veteran at 37, love the young team, they allowed their talent to come through.

Last edited:
Upper tier level of awkward.... and I am here for it

Winning makes for strange bedfellows.

But I kinda' like them both better after this weekend.

That was awesome to see. Not just because we won but also because it looks like both sides have some talent that’ll be playing for awhile.

where is this Euro talent you speak of? Outside of Rahm the Euros have nothing. Its going to be a bleak next couple of Ryder cups for us.
Things I learned this weekend:

1- Cheering for this USA team is fun. I know the rankings said one thing, but I felt like it was an underdog story from the get-go. What a big win.

underdogs?? What? How do you work that out? Was it the home soil? Was it the average world ranking of 9 compared to 30? Sorry but no way on earth were the US underdogs.

PS congrats to team USA.

Last edited:
underdogs?? What? How do you work that out? Was it the home soil? Was it the average world ranking of 9 compared to 30? Sorry but no way on earth were the US underdogs.

PS congrats to team USA.
The story line where Europe wants it more, and the Europe team has won four of the last five with that narrative in place.

In my defense, I specifically noted that you have to ignore the world rankings to get that perspective. Too much talk on social saying Europe would find a way.

Man Paddy didn't want this. Most lopsided loss in this format. Rough for him.

where is this Euro talent you speak of? Outside of Rahm the Euros have nothing. Its going to be a bleak next couple of Ryder cups for us.

PS congrats to team USA.

I thought Europe would win, to be honest.

Quick hits:
- Poulter is still a toolioolio
- I did not miss Patty Reed
- Garcia and Rahm were beasts. Great showing
- It was great to see Rory finish strong, and show emotion like that
- Brooks/Bryson feud is still a joke
- I hate BMWs
- Avoid twitter
- Whistling did NOT disappoint

I would add.

-I like Hovland and Lowry even more then I did before.
-Hovland and Morikawa are not just stars but are becoming super stars.
-Scheffler may be getting very confident after this.
- Cantlay is becoming more and more of a self aware AI which is scary.
- I can’t wait for the next one.
- NBC sucks and sucks out loud.

Things I learned this weekend:

4- The thread on THP covering the Ryder Cup is like having my boys over every day to watch and beverage. We keep it fun, respectful, and high paced all week, and for me at least, it was a thrill to be a part of. If they wanted to run it back next weekend, I'd go through the commercial gauntlet again in a heartbeat.

this was huge for my enjoyment of this event. The comments and wise cracks kept me interested at a high level.

I would add.

-I like Hovland and Lowry even more then I did before.
-Hovland and Morikawa are not just stars but are becoming super stars.
-Scheffler may be getting very confident after this.
- Cantlay is becoming more and more of a self aware AI which is scary.
- I can’t wait for the next one.
- NBC sucks and sucks out loud.
I like Hovland more. It didn't do much for me with Lowry.
Rahm continues to impress me a ton.
Not mic'ing up Hatton and letting him be weird was a missed opportunity haha

they need mics in the groups going forward. It would be great.

real life though, there are tons of very simple things that could be done to make the broadcast so much better.

Congrats to the USA team, started strong and got stronger. Europe started poorly and got worse. The out of form team stayed out of form. The only European player to raise his game from that of the last six months was Garcia, the others were in the same trough they had been all summer.

Match play is the best format when you win and the worse when you lose. When Europe won 18 1/2 to 9 1/2 , everyone wanted to change the format and called it an exhibition event. Now people see it differently. A great competition and the peak of pressure. Ain't broke, don't fix.

Once we have licked our wounds, we need to see how we :

Pick the right team, if Westwood features again , we have got it wrong.

Maintain form , at the end of 2020, Rory was no 4 in the world, Hatton 10, Fleetwood 17, now they are 14,19 and 37...

See you in two years ......:thumb:

Well, that was a pretty grim weekend of viewing from an European perspective :LOL: Have to say though, the US team absolutely brought their A games and Europe...didn't! Outside of one or two good performances it just wasn't even a competition really, hats off to the Americans for delivering a complete pumping. Watching those irons getting stuck in close and the putts dropping from everywhere made for an exhausting couple of days - well played boys!

So who will play for Europe in Rome?

McIlroy,Rahm,Lowry,Hatton,Hovland and Fleetwood should return. Half a team with a point to prove.

Fitzpatrick...possibly, he may go the Rafa /Dubission route into obscurity, but I doubt it. Look out for

MacIntyre, Hojgaard * 2, Detry, and Horsfield.....unproven but huge potential.

That is my 12, let's see who plays. USA will only be tinkering, they have a team to last. Unless Bryson serves time for knuckling Brooks, there will be little to change.

A more emotional Rory than the NBC interview.

Really? That dude (Lowry) was pure passion! Don’t hate on the big fella!

Congrats to Team USA on a victory that I fully expected, hopefully the next one will be a bit better from a European perspective

But it did give me a chuckle to see Rory and Poulter win their matches knowing how much it would wind a number of people up on here

This….is awesome.

Congrats to Team USA on a victory that I fully expected, hopefully the next one will be a bit better from a European perspective

But it did give me a chuckle to see Rory and Poulter win their matches knowing how much it would wind a number of people up on here
Meh, it was inconsequential this year, and give the Poulter Weiner his RC goodbye, im ok with it.

I think a lot of us forgot how great the RC is for golf. Fans get a rare glimpse into a more human side of the players and because of it I think a lot of avid golf fans may have softened their views of Brooks, Bryson, and many others. It was the most fun I’ve had watching golf since the 2016 RC.

Back